Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 728
  1. #406
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And the solicit mentions he's a threat. He's going to go rogue.
    Villain of that arc is Mirror, who will hunt down Batfamily, not Damian. Tomasi is probably writing his reconciliation with Bruce and the rest.
    If Dick hadn't been shot and Bendis hadn't joined DC, Tim WOULD have become Nightwing. The original plan was for Dick to suffer from vertigo, not amnesia. That would've still prevented him from being Nightwing, so Tim takes over. Instead, the writer left in protest because Dick getting shot spoiled his plans, and we got Ric, while Tim joined the re-formed Young Justice.
    Lol. I just start to hate Bendis run and this entire "Ric bullshit" even more.

  2. #407
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't think he'll get a new id nor will he go independent like Nightwing or Red Hood. He is 13 a minor and all of this came about due to a lack of guidance which Bruce feels guilty about so it's more likely that Bruce will get more hands on after they make up.

    In real world context, Damian is the most well known and recognisable Robin after Dick Grayson by the wider non-comic audience. Aside from this valuable familiarity. I doubt the reasons that lead to WB overriding DC's decision to replace him have gone. Far more likely Drake wasn't testing well and Dc have given up on what to do with Tim's identity and decided to just make him Robin which lets face it is the role he has been in since new 52 they just take out the 'Red' part.
    I agree that they cannot let Damian go on his own, as Bruce would look too bad.

    In other cases, DC is adept at blaming other characters to excuse Batman. However, Damian is his son, then it is pretty difficult to ignore Batman responsability in this.

    I suspect that's another reason why DC doesn't want to bring Damian back to life.


    Although if DC wants only one Robin, they could always give Batboy or Batkid to Damian, that way he still has a strong connection with Batman (and even a connection with Superboy and Supersons).
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-26-2020 at 10:23 AM.

  3. #408
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Dick hadn't been shot and Bendis hadn't joined DC, Tim WOULD have become Nightwing. The original plan was for Dick to suffer from vertigo, not amnesia. That would've still prevented him from being Nightwing, so Tim takes over. Instead, the writer left in protest because Dick getting shot spoiled his plans, and we got Ric, while Tim joined the re-formed Young Justice.
    That's not accurate Percy's idea was for Bab's to help Dick with his vertigo. His leaving was a combination of interferance and having sold an unfinised movie script which he decided to just complete.
    The tim as Nightwing thing was something King came up with in a podcast that was never suggested to editorial. Then artwork was for Tim as nightwing was down by the Nightwing artist and then somehow it turned to fans claiming that that was King's plan when he had Dick shot but DC/Didio rejected it.

  4. #409
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Villain of that arc is Mirror, who will hunt down Batfamily, not Damian. Tomasi is probably writing his reconciliation with Bruce and the rest.

    Lol. I just start to hate Bendis run and this entire "Ric bullshit" even more.
    Bendis had nothing to do with it since he already had plans for YJ on joining. If anyone is to blame for Ric it's King for using him as a plot device, Lobdell for campaigning for the Ric arc to be extended and DC/Bateditoral for agreeing.

    Damian is also an going to be an antagonist.

  5. #410
    おれはここにいる! Bikkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Bendis had nothing to do with it since he already had plans for YJ on joining. If anyone is to blame for Ric it's King for using him as a plot device, Lobdell for campaigning for the Ric arc to be extended and DC/Bateditoral for agreeing.

    Damian is also an going to be an antagonist.

    I personally lay the blame solely at DiDio's fee. King gets a LOT of flack for DiDio's ideas with probably the most obvious being Heroes In Crisis because he happens to write them. DiDio's distaste for Dick is well known and he tried numerous times to kill him off only to end up sidelining him. Does anyone think it was a coincidence that Ric happened RIGHT as Rebirth ended?

    I'm not sure where Bendis even factors it...

  6. #411
    Mighty Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikkun View Post
    I personally lay the blame solely at DiDio's fee. King gets a LOT of flack for DiDio's ideas with probably the most obvious being Heroes In Crisis because he happens to write them. DiDio's distaste for Dick is well known and he tried numerous times to kill him off only to end up sidelining him. Does anyone think it was a coincidence that Ric happened RIGHT as Rebirth ended?

    I'm not sure where Bendis even factors it...
    King's pitch was for Tim to be Nightwing for a while after Dick got shot in the head. The whole Ric thing was probably Lobdell as he was the uy they'd bring in as a fixer (much like Flash Forward) when they needed one.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, and Young Justice.
    My runs: Batman #260- and Detective #444-, every issue since I was born.

  7. #412
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Villain of that arc is Mirror, who will hunt down Batfamily, not Damian. Tomasi is probably writing his reconciliation with Bruce and the rest.
    Mirror?

    Is that who was on the cover with the masks on the wall?

    Is he the same guy who fought Batgirl during Simone's run?

    (I thought he was a one-shot loser.)

  8. #413
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Villain of that arc is Mirror, who will hunt down Batfamily, not Damian. Tomasi is probably writing his reconciliation with Bruce and the rest.
    After the City of Bane, the Riddler’s takeover, The Joker War, and more, the people of Gotham City have had enough. The world is changing for Bruce Wayne, and the question he must ask himself is: What role does the Batman have in a city that rejects him? As the year barrels forward into what will become a turning point for the Dark Knight, Batman must grapple with the very citizens he has sworn to protect...while a familiar face looms large as a new threat on the horizon: Damian Wayne!

    Sorry, but while the cover shows Mirror, the solicit definitely says Damian is an antagonist as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  9. #414
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    After the City of Bane, the Riddler’s takeover, The Joker War, and more, the people of Gotham City have had enough. The world is changing for Bruce Wayne, and the question he must ask himself is: What role does the Batman have in a city that rejects him? As the year barrels forward into what will become a turning point for the Dark Knight, Batman must grapple with the very citizens he has sworn to protect...while a familiar face looms large as a new threat on the horizon: Damian Wayne!

    Sorry, but while the cover shows Mirror, the solicit definitely says Damian is an antagonist as well.
    As I said, the solicitations aren't reliable at all.

    Many times the solicitations want to sound "interesting", but these don't reflect the story.

  10. #415
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    As I said, the solicitations aren't reliable at all.

    Many times the solicitations want to sound "interesting", but these don't reflect the story.
    I think the solicits are correct. I mean Damian is already an anti hero who believe's Batman's method's don't work so they are going to clash.

    Jeez this is like the 3rd 'someone believes batman's methods have failed' story line we've had in less than a year. Arkham Knight, Damian and the upcoming arc in Tynion's Batman with Bruce's old friend.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-27-2020 at 05:40 PM.

  11. #416
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,557

    Default

    Yes, and consider the Teen Titans solicit as well. Damian's left the team, Superboy wants to know why. He's not going to be happy when he hears what happened between his appearance last issue and then. Why he leaves the Titans is because he's had enough of being a hero who doesn't kill. That'd put him on the wrong side of his father.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  12. #417
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Solicitations are many times a bait, they made them to sound interesting but they don't reflect the content most of the time.

  13. #418
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    That “Death in the Family” trailer made me “squee!” for a few seconds when I saw the promo image of Red Robin... then I realized it was still Jason.

    I’m still going to see it, but damn it, does that cowled look seem awesome in animation. They never should have abandoned it while keeping the code-name.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  14. #419
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    609

    Default

    I think he’s spoilers:
    back to being Robin. The colorist for YJ showed a preview of the issue 20 cover by John timms(the cover that’s canon usually). Looks like Tim’s back as Robin. I don’t mind tbh since everyone else in that book is still in their old IDs anyways
    end of spoilers

  15. #420
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,326

    Default

    I mean should it have been better if they kept his parents were still alive. Instead, they died too?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •