Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 728
  1. #421
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,557

    Default

    In the original continuity, Tim's mother died before he became Robin and his father died during Identity Crisis (he and Captain Boomerang kill each other). In New 52, they were just in witness protection instead. The original backstory is mostly back in place now but we've heard nothing about Jack's status.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I think he’s spoilers:
    back to being Robin. The colorist for YJ showed a preview of the issue 20 cover by John timms(the cover that’s canon usually). Looks like Tim’s back as Robin. I don’t mind tbh since everyone else in that book is still in their old IDs anyways
    end of spoilers
    Link please?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #422
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the original continuity, Tim's mother died before he became Robin and his father died during Identity Crisis (he and Captain Boomerang kill each other). In New 52, they were just in witness protection instead. The original backstory is mostly back in place now but we've heard nothing about Jack's status.

    Link please?
    https://youtu.be/-sSaQBChS3E

    Here ya go

  3. #423
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    It seems Tim will still be part of Young Justice.

    I guess Tim will be Robin in Young Justice. Although it is possible he is still called Red Robin.

    Technically, Red Robin was his identity before the Drake identity, although he used a Robin suit.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-30-2020 at 04:58 AM.

  4. #424
    Mighty Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean should it have been better if they kept his parents were still alive. Instead, they died too?
    Pre-Flashpoint, Mom died originall, Dad died in IC much later. They are alive in New 52. We don't know in Rebirth, to my knowledge his parents have not been mentioned in Rebirth.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, and Young Justice.
    My runs: Batman #260- and Detective #444-, every issue since I was born.

  5. #425
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It seems Tim will still be part of Young Justice.

    I guess Tim will be Robin in Young Justice. Although it is possible he is still called Red Robin.

    Technically, Red Robin was his identity before the Drake identity, although he used a Robin suit.
    Isn't Jason RR in the upcoming DITF movie?

    Honestly it really doesn't matter what they call Tim at this point. He is done. They tried a new Identity?
    They tried him taking over several other identities including an established one with a long running comic who was erased just to slot Tim in.

    They tried elevating his status Making him more important in the general scheme of the universe twice. Once in Rebirth and by erasing an entire team's history in new 52. Not just any team but the founding members of one of comics most popular teams

    They brought in a well known writer to write him.

    They brought in his no 1 fan to write him in one of DC's most circulated titles alongside batman despite Tim having vacated that position 2 sidekicks ago [poor Damian and Duke]

    Now they've given up. Tim is done.

    He had so many opportunities.
    Terry was erased to benefit Tim.
    The Teen Titans History was erased to benefit Tim and his generation.
    The Supersons were shafted to benefit Tim and his generation.
    They were made the face of DC's teen imprint Wonder comics backed by intense Promotional Campaign that is still ongoing. While the comic reading Market and everyone else demanded The Supersons and the lesser promoted YA titles like Raven, The Cass Batgirl Ongoing and other Zoom and Ink titles.

    Enough. No other character has had so many opportunities.
    No other Bat Character has had so many other good character's shafted for their benefit.
    Imagine if Cass, Damian, Jason, Dick or Duke got that push and all those chances?

    Tim needs to retire at this point and this last name change is the final nail Even the Higher ups have given up and admitted what some of us knew all along. Tim can't be anything but Robin.

    Not even THE Robin but a blander other Robin.

  6. #426
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Honestly, this YJ run is probably the last hurrah for the generation so I’m all good for Tim being back as Robin. Might as well shine bright and give us nostalgia at least one more time

  7. #427
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    80

    Default

    In Batman Rebirth annual 4, it's stated Tim's father is dead.

  8. #428
    Emma was right
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I have a question. When was the last time Bruce and Tim interacted like father and son?

  9. #429
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I have a question. When was the last time Bruce and Tim interacted like father and son?
    That one panel in a Tynion issue about... either father's day or Tim's birthday where Batman hugged Tim

    My turn

    I'm looking for the issue where Tim first entered high school and his new friend tried to gauge if he's a nerd or a jock but can't figure it out. I believe it's also the first appearance of Darla Aquista?

  10. #430
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,415

    Default

    Tim fist first entered high school in his second mini series iirc, Darla Aquista fist appeared in Robin #121 (when Tim entered his 3rd ? Highschool).

  11. #431
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Tim fist first entered high school in his second mini-series IIRC, Darla Aquista fist appeared in Robin #121 (when Tim entered his 3rd ? Highschool).
    Yes, that's it. Thank you.

    Bernard Dowd. That's the guy that scanned him. I only remember the name Ives and I know it's not him.

    I thought I saw that scene in the digital preview but apparently not because when I went to look for it one by one in ReadDC I can't find it

    I should've just browsed "Darla Aquista first appearance" but I only remembered she was there too as I typed the question here XD

  12. #432
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    80

    Default

    When Bruce hugged Tim in Batman annual 4, we didn't know he was his adopted son again.

  13. #433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Isn't Jason RR in the upcoming DITF movie?

    Honestly it really doesn't matter what they call Tim at this point. He is done. They tried a new Identity?
    They tried him taking over several other identities including an established one with a long running comic who was erased just to slot Tim in.

    They tried elevating his status Making him more important in the general scheme of the universe twice. Once in Rebirth and by erasing an entire team's history in new 52. Not just any team but the founding members of one of comics most popular teams

    They brought in a well known writer to write him.

    They brought in his no 1 fan to write him in one of DC's most circulated titles alongside batman despite Tim having vacated that position 2 sidekicks ago [poor Damian and Duke]

    Now they've given up. Tim is done.

    He had so many opportunities.
    Terry was erased to benefit Tim.
    The Teen Titans History was erased to benefit Tim and his generation.
    The Supersons were shafted to benefit Tim and his generation.
    They were made the face of DC's teen imprint Wonder comics backed by intense Promotional Campaign that is still ongoing. While the comic reading Market and everyone else demanded The Supersons and the lesser promoted YA titles like Raven, The Cass Batgirl Ongoing and other Zoom and Ink titles.

    Enough. No other character has had so many opportunities.
    No other Bat Character has had so many other good character's shafted for their benefit.
    Imagine if Cass, Damian, Jason, Dick or Duke got that push and all those chances?

    Tim needs to retire at this point and this last name change is the final nail Even the Higher ups have given up and admitted what some of us knew all along. Tim can't be anything but Robin.

    Not even THE Robin but a blander other Robin.
    Harsh but if “Drake” and the YJ revival is another dud, then you may be right that this seems like a wasteful effort. I do wonder if some of the failures and challenges behind Tim’s character also explain why the higher ups at dc are so interested with finding a way to make him work again. Like with with Dick and Jason, there’s already kind of a template/blueprint with how to make those 2 work laid out by the likes of Wolfman, I think Dixon? Winnick and Lobdell. Post-Damian Tim doesn’t have that and is less defined as a result. And that may also have appealed to the powers that be, making them feel they have room to redefine this character instead of just riding the established successes that characters like Dick and Jason have who have already been “figured out” so to speak.
    Kind of a shame if all that just amounts to making him Robin again.

  14. #434
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Harsh but if “Drake” and the YJ revival is another dud, then you may be right that this seems like a wasteful effort. I do wonder if some of the failures and challenges behind Tim’s character also explain why the higher ups at dc are so interested with finding a way to make him work again. Like with with Dick and Jason, there’s already kind of a template/blueprint with how to make those 2 work laid out by the likes of Wolfman, I think Dixon? Winnick and Lobdell. Post-Damian Tim doesn’t have that and is less defined as a result. And that may also have appealed to the powers that be, making them feel they have room to redefine this character instead of just riding the established successes that characters like Dick and Jason have who have already been “figured out” so to speak.
    Kind of a shame if all that just amounts to making him Robin again.
    To me, the big stupid thing was that his Red Robin solo status quo was perfectly workable and successful. Dumping it was dumb, trying to fix the character but not trying to return to it was also dumb when trying to “repair” the character afterwards. Fabian Niceza was all onboard for the character, and the fact that Nicieza was just given a dead-on-arrival Legion of Superheroes book and then the humiliating task fo trying to script Lobdell’s dumb Titans plots is a major beef I have with DC.

    Also, am I wrong to hope that Jason’s Red Robin outfit in the Death In The Family movie makes the leap over to Young Justice Season 4?
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  15. #435

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •