Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 901
  1. #706
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I can't open Reddit, it's banned in my country
    Get yourself a VPN then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #707
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Get yourself a VPN then.
    Why? It's just another forum.

  3. #708
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    The weird thing is that Harley calls him as Duckboy. I guess that dialogue was a leftover from when he called himself Drake.

    However, the caption are happening later. So, the writers or editors are revealing what will be his new name.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-15-2020 at 06:26 AM.

  4. #709
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    In your post you made it sound as if Tim had 'zero' in comic showings as a detective and seemed to highly allude to him being less than mediocre in that department, when that's not the case. Was not trying to draw comparisons with others, not the point of my response. As I too noted in my other post, both Dick and Jason are stellar detectives,as is Damian who has one of the sharpest minds of the bunch in multiple fields. If anyone comes close to Bruce with all things considered it would be Damian/only Babs would beat him out if we're talking the fam as a whole.

    I agree with your last point, pretty sure that's how we all feel.
    Sorry should have been clearer.

  5. #710
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You mean both are Robin costume but Young Justice version top (one R) and Detective Comics version bottom (I don't remember the difference)?

    I can't open Reddit, it's banned in my country
    Here:


  6. #711
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Here:

    No one has outright called him RR yet, so I'm still thinking he's going by 'Drake' until further notice. Who the heck knows what's going on with Tim's alias these days, lol

  7. #712
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    No one has outright called him RR yet, so I'm still thinking he's going by 'Drake' until further notice. Who the heck knows what's going on with Tim's alias these days, lol
    I think Red Robin is likely the plan for Tim's alias. That's why they put it on the box (the box with the names should be the last thing to be put).

    It will even fit the dialogue in YJ #18, where the characters just assume Tim is Robin again.

  8. #713
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Here:

    I can never believe Harley Quinn in a hero group shot. She's ruining the big Batfamily reunion scene.

    (It doesn't help that a few pages later she makes fun of Tim).

  9. #714
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think Red Robin is likely the plan for Tim's alias. That's why they put it on the box (the box with the names should be the last thing to be put).

    ...
    How damn depressing.

    Black Robin would have been better...but not much.

    At the very least, TPTB should give Tim a great new costume.

    Damian's Robin costume was better than Tim's.

    If he's to be saddled with the name Red Robin (yuck), then please give him a great new look all his own.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 09-16-2020 at 07:46 AM.

  10. #715
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    If they are calling him Red Robin, why not just use this suit? Itís actually red and itís different from nearly every other Robin suit. Itís also distinctly Timís

    9DC81D3E-7F9C-4CD4-9954-D03A920F05E3.jpg

  11. #716
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    With trying to force the Robins into these very basic categories really undermines a lot of their history. Like calling Tim the best detective or Dick the best acrobat is overlooking a lot of their personal history. What does being the best acrobat even mean? He can do flips really well? Lets say that Dick became Robin at 12 pre-New 52 and was in his late 20s, like 28, before the reboot. That would mean Dick had 16 years of experience as a hero. That is 16 years of training to be a fighter and detective. Heís been training at that longer than he had been in the circus. His fighting experience is probably longer than Jason, Timís and Damianís combined. That history should matter. They can all be great fighters and detectives without the need to undermine the abilities of the others. It gets very frustrating and really shapes how many in the general fandom look at them unfortunately too.
    Agreed. crunching timelines is a disaster to their experiences.

    One of my big gripes is Damian supposedly being 'so awesome'... The whole 'He's been trained as an assassin since birth' is a joke. First of all... no he wasn't. Best case scenario he started when he was between 3-5 years old... and since he's only about 10 when he makes his debut that only gives him 5-7 years of 'intense training'. in reality its probably closer to 5 when he's actually physically CAPABLE of doing the moves. Ra's has henchgoons with more experience than that.

    Now maybe if Damian WAS Ra's somehow deaged or reincarnated from the lazarus pit... and had all his years of knowledge... Heck, he'd still have trouble with the child body, but at least that... that... would actually be a really cool story. O.O



    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    No one has outright called him RR yet, so I'm still thinking he's going by 'Drake' until further notice. Who the heck knows what's going on with Tim's alias these days, lol
    It would be weird to call himself Drake with a big 'R' on his chest...
    Last edited by phantom1592; 09-16-2020 at 03:33 PM.

  12. #717
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If they are calling him Red Robin, why not just use this suit? It’s actually red and it’s different from nearly every other Robin suit. It’s also distinctly Tim’s

    9DC81D3E-7F9C-4CD4-9954-D03A920F05E3.jpg
    *whisper* because they actually want him to be Robin and Tynion is a fan who, looking at the costume choice, prefer the pre-angst Tim

    We don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but my guess is Tynion wants Tim to be Robin, DC is whatever because they usually just follow their best-selling writer's ideas, but WB wants Damian to remain if they still want that Son of Batman money, and now that Didio who, according to other writers, will fight the top order for writers is out, I don't know who's winning yet

  13. #718
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    *whisper* because they actually want him to be Robin and Tynion is a fan who, looking at the costume choice, prefer the pre-angst Tim

    We don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but my guess is Tynion wants Tim to be Robin, DC is whatever because they usually just follow their best-selling writer's ideas, but WB wants Damian to remain if they still want that Son of Batman money, and now that Didio who, according to other writers, will fight the top order for writers is out, I don't know who's winning yet
    WB is always winning. DC is pretty minor compared to WB. So, if WB wants something, they likely get it.

    However, we couldn't assure that WB still wants Damian.

    As you say, we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

  14. #719
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    WB is always winning. DC is pretty minor compared to WB. So, if WB wants something, they likely get it.

    However, we couldn't assure that WB still wants Damian.

    As you say, we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.
    Tim was call red robin why is hard to believe that d.c. Will correct this problem that made with Damian and Tim. Also the idea of Tim being robin again is struggling stupid if need comment on this issue here I will . I don't what but I will especially it you try to make argument to remove Damian for the comics or that d.c. Show not fix the mass they made that exist because they what to make Tim robin again. Him being red robin and Damian being robin again is a win for everyone.
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-16-2020 at 07:38 PM.

  15. #720
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post
    Tim was call red robin why is hard to believe that d.c. Will correct this problem that made with Damian and Tim. Also the idea of Tim being robin again is struggling stupid if need comment on this issue here I will . I don't what but I will especially it you try to make argument to remove Damian for the comics or that d.c. Show not fix the mass they made that exist because they what to make Tim robin again. Him being red robin and Damian being robin again is a win for everyone.
    I agree that Tim won't be Robin again. It seems they are going for Red Robin. My only point is that we don't know if this is because of WB (it could be other reasons).


    5G was the reason why Damian wouldn't be Robin, but Tim won't be Robin in 5G either (he will be Drake).

    Now, 5G isn't happening. So, it is likely the characters are returning to their previous identities. Tim as Red Robin and Damian as Robin.

    I suspect the reason why Tim still use a Robin suit is because they save a Red Robin suit for later (in a new series).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •