Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    And what did they said about East Asian is horrible :

[However, writers felt an African-American would best portray Tim Drake because Asians are not capable of being “laid-back and have a near-genius intellect.” Portraying an Asian Robin as such would be “unrealistic.”]
    Where is this quote from? It certainly is not from an article of mine (and I am the person who revealed that Tim Drake is going to be in Titans season 3).

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vullein070 View Post
    Where is this quote from? It certainly is not from an article of mine (and I am the person who revealed that Tim Drake is going to be in Titans season 3).
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHHiddCh...d=rsbqlw9qtvin

{A casting call soon revealed that Warner Bros. was originally eyeing a Southeast Asian actor aged 18 or older, to play the 16-17-year-old Robin, according to The Vulcan Reporter.
    Tim Drake’s character is described as a teenager who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks but never lost his belief in heroism. He has a laid-back personality, balanced with a near-genius intellect. He has innate detective skills with a perception of detail that is way beyond his years.
    However, writers felt an African-American would best portray Tim Drake because Asians are not capable of being “laid-back and have a near-genius intellect.” Portraying an Asian Robin as such would be “unrealistic.”}

I don't know how reliable this source are, but kinda hope that this news isn't true. "Teenager who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks" sounds awfully like another attempt to make Tim/Jason hybrid. And I prefer Jack and Janet as good parents (albeit very busy) so I don't want them to be thrown into bushes for "angst"

All-New Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHHiddCh...d=rsbqlw9qtvin

{A casting call soon revealed that Warner Bros. was originally eyeing a Southeast Asian actor aged 18 or older, to play the 16-17-year-old Robin, according to The Vulcan Reporter.
    Tim Drake’s character is described as a teenager who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks but never lost his belief in heroism. He has a laid-back personality, balanced with a near-genius intellect. He has innate detective skills with a perception of detail that is way beyond his years.
    However, writers felt an African-American would best portray Tim Drake because Asians are not capable of being “laid-back and have a near-genius intellect.” Portraying an Asian Robin as such would be “unrealistic.”}

I don't know how reliable this source are, but kinda hope that this news isn't true. "Teenager who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks" sounds awfully like another attempt to make Tim/Jason hybrid. And I prefer Jack and Janet as good parents (albeit very busy) so I don't want them to be thrown into bushes for "angst"
    Not sure who Asian Dawn are, but that is completely false. The writers never said anything like that and that was in no way the reasoning behind anything. I'm not sure why a site called Asian Dawn is trying to portray the Titans writers as racist against Asians, but that's not true.

Back in March, The Illuminerdi revealed that they had obtained a casting call for Titans season 3. This is what the casting call stated:

South East Asian actor aged 18 or older, to play a 16-17 year old named Daniel. A youth who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks but never lost his belief in heroism. His laid-back persona is balanced by a near-genius intellect. He has innate detective skills with a perception of detail that is way beyond his years. Despite his rough upbringing, he’s motivated by the opportunity to do good in the world instead of dwelling on the pain and tragedy.
    I had already known that Tim Drake would be in Titans season 3, but I only found out around May that this casting call from Illuminerdi was about Tim Drake and not the person that the article suggested. I found out back in September that the production was now looking for an African-American actor, after they weren't able to find an Asian actor for the role. From the article:

From what I understand, the production is now looking for African-American actors to portray the role. I’ve heard that a specific inspiration for this decision has been the Black Lives Matter movement, which has found new momentum since Titans has been in hiatus. While Warner Bros is specifically searching for African-American actors for the role, they are still willing to cast any actor from any ethnicity and race. Titans has generally been flexible when it comes to race and ethnicity requirements. Character backgrounds have been adjusted in the past, as they cast actors based on which actor boasts the most acting skill and which audition fits the role the best.

Titans Season 3 is currently set to feature Tim Drake speaking lines in Mandarin, though these lines will be changed to an African language if the production manages to cast an African-American actor in the role. Tim’s parents are also set to appear in the season. Titans is planning to cast an African-American male and an Asian-American female in these roles.
    That's all. Nothing about writers stereotyping races into roles, or thinking people from certain races can't play a certain type of role (or anything like that).

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vullein070 View Post
    Not sure who Asian Dawn are, but that is completely false. The writers never said anything like that and that was in no way the reasoning behind anything. I'm not sure why a site called Asian Dawn is trying to portray the Titans writers as racist against Asians, but that's not true.

Back in March, The Illuminerdi revealed that they had obtained a casting call for Titans season 3. This is what the casting call stated:

I had already known that Tim Drake would be in Titans season 3, but I only found out around May that this casting call from Illuminerdi was about Tim Drake and not the person that the article suggested. I found out back in September that the production was now looking for an African-American actor, after they weren't able to find an Asian actor for the role. From the article:

That's all. Nothing about writers stereotyping races into roles, or thinking people from certain races can't play a certain type of role (or anything like that).
    Ah, then thank goodness. I kinda had impression that the article want to rile up people, like when they wrote that BLM campaign masses destroyed Asian's belonging or something like that, even though that's unrelated to the news (I really don't understand why people fussing so much about race now when the message they want to deliver is "anti-racism". Isn't that kinda defeat the purpose of message?).I don't really care about Tim's appearance on Titans so if the suitable actor is African American, then so be it. But are they really want to write him as youth who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks? That doesn't seem suits Tim's origin
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 12-02-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Neither is Jason (I know that he worked with Titans member multiple times, but I don't think he's ever a Titans). But yeah, no Duke, Steph, Cass, Damian etc on that show. Tim has to be the last Bat-member to enter the show, or it will turn into Bat-family show. They should focus on other Titans member as well.

........completely different than Tim on comic and my head. Really, they should use East Asian actor.

Well, whatever, what matter most is the characterization. Hope the actor can portray Tim nicely, even though considering it's Titans show, I don't have too much hope.
    Jason has been a Titan, twice.

The first time was pre-Crisis, when Nightwing and several other New Teen Titans left, Donna reassembled the old team (Aqualad, Flash, Speedy, Hawk). Except that she recruited the current Robin, who of course was Jason Todd at the time.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/New_Teen_Titans_Vol_2_20

The second time was in a digital first series earlier this year, which was TV synergy. He appeared there as Red Hood even though he was still Robin on the show at the time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jason has been a Titan, twice.

The first time was pre-Crisis, when Nightwing and several other New Teen Titans left, Donna reassembled the old team (Aqualad, Flash, Speedy, Hawk). Except that she recruited the current Robin, who of course was Jason Todd at the time.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/New_Teen_Titans_Vol_2_20

The second time was in a digital first series earlier this year, which was TV synergy. He appeared there as Red Hood even though he was still Robin on the show at the time.
    Well if comic accuracy is the debate then the show still is not accurate since Dick and Jason weren't on Titans at the same time till the show but Jason was a TT member briefly.

TV Synergy? Don't think DC comics or the show makers understands that concept. I mean Tim Titans.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Got some inside information. This is who they casted to play Tim;

He's good looking. So guess Tim is older when he puts on the costume? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    He's good looking. So guess Tim is older when he puts on the costume? Interesting.
    That's Patrick Mahomes, quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    I guess that KrustyKid made a joke, but i don't get it.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-02-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That's Patrick Mahomes, quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    I guess that KrustyKid made a joke, but i don't get it.
    Finally someone got it, was just trollin' hahaha. He already put that mvp performance out on the field, why not on the screen?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I thought this clip from Chuck Dixon was FASCINATING. https://youtu.be/j6_2_zW6gHY?t=921

He talks about Tim Drake's religion, and his relationship with Jordan Gorfinkel - I thought it was pretty cool!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I thought this clip from Chuck Dixon was FASCINATING. https://youtu.be/j6_2_zW6gHY?t=921

He talks about Tim Drake's religion, and his relationship with Jordan Gorfinkel - I thought it was pretty cool!
    Definitely an interesting listen

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

That is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Does Chuck Dixon have a regular podcast or something? I'd check that out.

Happy that Tim is still around and not Drake anymore Hope hell get a role in the new DCU in march.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

So it seems that finally Tim will be the only Robin while Damian will move on to a new identity.
    How it was supposed to be. Hoping it's not too late after all the damage done to Tim character since N52.

Incredible Member

I like it but it also feels weird too. Hopefully Tim gets a book or is in a book. I don’t want this to be a “if we need a Robin for variant covers we’ll mention Tim” kinda strategy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    So it seems that finally Tim will be the only Robin while Damian will move on to a new identity.
    How it was supposed to be. Hoping it's not too late after all the damage done to Tim character since N52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I like it but it also feels weird too. Hopefully Tim gets a book or is in a book. I don’t want this to be a “if we need a Robin for variant covers we’ll mention Tim” kinda strategy
    Apparently, this is to be.

Tim needs a really great Robin costume now.