Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Other way around. When Dick Grayson was age 12 originally, he had the pixie shoes and bare legs. The current version of 12-year-old Dick Grayson (the one we have as a result of Rebirth) borrowed his look from the pre-Infinite Crisis Tim.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I'm curious why they kept his legs bare. I mean let's it's a callback to his circus upbring. They could have changed it to more of a circus-like design.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    That would be King Snake, along with his gang.

I have a question for you guys: I am currently reading War Games vol 1 & 2, about to finish up vol 2. Spoiler has just perished (by the way Bruce, you are an absolute dick sometimes), and now all of a sudden Tim's dad is also already dead. I believe this is something that happens in Identity Crisis correct? Is that one supposed to be read at the same time as War Games or what?
    Does the murder happen in the main books for that event or any of the tie-ins?
    Just thought I'd do a follow-up on this post and say that I read Identity Crisis, and I actually thought it was really good. Almost read it all in one sitting.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious why they kept his legs bare. I mean let's it's a callback to his circus upbring. They could have changed it to more of a circus-like design.
    Because DC are stupid. Even when the Burton film was being made and Tim burton who hated the idea of Robin was being pressured by WB to put Dick Grayson in the 1st movie. WB Asked DC to come up with a new Robin costume to match the tone of the film, hoping to update the comics at the same time. DC refused point blank.

WB then went out of house to Neal Adams and commissioned him to redesign a Robin suit suitable for the modern day RobinDick.

He did, DC saw it loved it so much that they not only decided to update the look of their new Robin Tim to include tights but when burton got his way and finally got Robin scrapped from his movie. DC contacted Adams lobbied to get his Burton-Grayson Robin suit for tim's debut and that is how Tim came by the costume and how Robin got tights.

By Damian's tenure they upgraded to pants.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Other way around. When Dick Grayson was age 12 originally, he had the pixie shoes and bare legs. The current version of 12-year-old Dick Grayson (the one we have as a result of Rebirth) borrowed his look from the pre-Infinite Crisis Tim.
    No that is literally the face of Dick Grayson age 12 [ASBAR]

Lee draws the same face.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-07-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Just thought I'd do a follow-up on this post and say that I read Identity Crisis, and I actually thought it was really good. Almost read it all in one sitting.
    Do you like Injustice? It has a compelling premise and can be a fascinating read.

Now imagine it as something that DC published as part of their primary continuity.

That's the problem that I have with Identity Crisis: it's not that the premise isn't interesting or that the story isn't good; it's that it was considered to be part of the primary continuity. And because of that, we all had to live with its consequences long after it ended.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Incredible Member

Do you like Injustice? It has a compelling premise and can be a fascinating read.

Now imagine it as something that DC published as part of their primary continuity.

That's the problem that I have with Identity Crisis: it's not that the premise isn't interesting or that the story isn't good; it's that it was considered to be part of the primary continuity. And because of that, we all had to live with its consequences long after it ended.
    I haven't gotten around to that one actually.

I can see what you mean. I guess you could say that I have the advantage of not really reading any of the ongoing titles around that time, so I can treat as a self-contained story.
    I am reading Robin though and so far I'm not sure what I think of the passing of his father. Tim seems to be heading to a dark place.

Incredible Member

Someone pointed out a solid criticism for the new Drake suit. Only one artist has been penciling it for the most part and even then it’s design is super inconsistent every page. The gold flows on his upper chest changes a lot as well as the placement of his logo, sometimes the logo doesn’t even show up.

I think the recent issue has it more consistent but since it’s introduction, it’s been super messy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Someone pointed out a solid criticism for the new Drake suit. Only one artist has been penciling it for the most part and even then it’s design is super inconsistent every page. The gold flows on his upper chest changes a lot as well as the placement of his logo, sometimes the logo doesn’t even show up.

I think the recent issue has it more consistent but since it’s introduction, it’s been super messy
    Kind of makes it sound like a last-minute costume they just threw in there.

Nice seeing Tim in the top 24 faves;

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...d_over_12year/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of makes it sound like a last-minute costume they just threw in there.
    And this would be a perfect justification to change it:

Tim: “Oh, this? It's just something I whipped up on Earth 3 while we were in the middle of fighting for our lives. I didn't have time to put any thought into it.”

Stephanie: “Yeah; well, we've got time now. Let's get it fixed up. Jeez, Tim; you've got horrible fashion sense…”
    Rogue wears rouge.

Tim: “Oh, this? It's just something I whipped up on Earth 3 while we were in the middle of fighting for our lives. I didn't have time to put any thought into it.”

Stephanie: “Yeah; well, we've got time now. Let's get it fixed up. Jeez, Tim; you've got horrible fashion sense…”
    LOL. Perfect.

That'd be ironic, as it was Steph from Earth-3 who apparently designed it. His belt matches hers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That'd be ironic, as it was Steph from Earth-3 who apparently designed it. His belt matches hers.
    Well, Earth-3 is the Evil Earth. Steph Batwoman isn't evil, but maybe her fashion sense was destroyed by the evil vibes of the earth.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I don't know. Her own costume was decent.
    Rogue wears rouge.