Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Let's be honest Tim never left Robin. He's been Robinish all these years. I don't see Duke becoming Robin. He is Signal and he's building something with that. I don't think DC will risk that. As a Duke fan I don't want him getting dragged into this Robin nonsense.

If Damian does leave Robin Tim would be the choice that makes sense. I don't want him to because I'd rather Damian remain but it makes sense he become since he never manged to leave
    Don't see a point. There is nothing more for Tim to do as Robin. Damian or someone new altogether is a much better option. Preferably Damian for me

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Don't see a point. There is nothing more for Tim to do as Robin. Damian or someone new altogether is a much better option. Preferably Damian for me
    I guess just to me Robin is either Tim or Damian. Preferably Damian

The time for Duke to be Robin is pretty much done. They over-emphasized that his character wasn't supposed to be a Robin during his "not Robin" training sessions with Batman in Snyder's All Starrun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did the bat editors order Bendis to ditch the Drake suit? Spoiler doesn't approve of it! And in Superman, he already introduced himself as Robin.
    I'd love for more people in-universe to hate this character change .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The time for Duke to be Robin is pretty much done. They over-emphasized that his character wasn't supposed to be a Robin during his "not Robin" training sessions with Batman in Snyder's All Starrun.

I'd love for more people in-universe to hate this character change .
    Or it was their plan all along. I would guess though he introduced himself to Superman because that is what he'd recognize him from.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

He could've said "You know me as Robin, but I'm calling myself Drake now". Instead he calls himself Robin and never mentions his codename change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Just picked up the last 40 or so issues, thus completing the Robin title run, thanks to the Robin sale over on Comixology.
    I'm in the middle of reading some other stuff at the moment but whenever I have a slow day at work I'm thankful for digital comics lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Just picked up the last 40 or so issues, thus completing the Robin title run, thanks to the Robin sale over on Comixology.
    I'm in the middle of reading some other stuff at the moment but whenever I have a slow day at work I'm thankful for digital comics lol.
    Best way to do it

Tim got two stories in the Robin anniversary book, none by Dixon though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.

Yeah, Dixon's doing a Nightwing story instead.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, Dixon's doing a Nightwing story instead.
    Should have done both, his runs on both of those books are pretty highly regarded. Most certainly better than Beechan's.

As much as I sometimes complain about Beechan, I still see him as one of the better Tim Drake writers. Probably on par with Lewis (who did a better job with Tim's characterization, but brought too much weirdness into the book), and not as good as Yost or Dixon. Definitely better than Williamson, though: while I've forgiven him for what happened to Stephanie during his run due to the fact that Stephanie as Robin was his idea, it's also the case that he was the first to portray Tim as a scheming conniver — and while Tim has always been a troubleshooter and am out of the box thinker, the Tim that I prefer has never been the schemer.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Preview and interview for the Red Robin story in the Robin 80th special. The story is a prequel to Detective Comics Rebirth.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...sary-interview

"I'm not even 20 years old"... has he just been aged up to 19?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-16-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

Preview and interview for the Red Robin story in the Robin 80th special. The story is a prequel to Detective Comics Rebirth.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...sary-interview

"I'm not even 20 years old"... has he just been aged up to 19?
    Sounds like.

Although considering that he must be within less than ten years of Dick Grayson in age, based on him being present at the death of the Flying Graysons (New Earth continuity, but not specifically recon'd IFAIK), I'd say it's long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Sounds like.

Although considering that he must be within less than ten years of Dick Grayson in age, based on him being present at the death of the Flying Graysons (New Earth continuity, but not specifically recon'd IFAIK), I'd say it's long overdue.
    A Lonely Place of Living restored Tim's pre-Flashpoint origin, meaning that he was (if I recall correctly) somewhere around three years old when the Graysons flew for the last time.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

The maths never added up for that. At the time Tim debuted, he was 13. Dick was 21 at that point. But Dick was supposed to be 8 when his parents died (a fact the Young Justice cartoon kept, stating he'd been Robin since he was 9). If Dick was 8, with that age difference, Tim would've been newborn and wouldn't have remembered seeing the Flying Graysons! When Dick was shot, he was suddenly aged up from 21 to around 27 (an age that matches the 1989 age gap if Tim is now 19) - Ric said he lost almost two decades of memories. If the Graysons were killed when Dick was, say, 12, which would need to be the case for Tim to be old enough to have seen the final Flying Graysons performance, Dick would now be in his 30s! They should've had Tim start out at age 15.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-17-2020 at 03:41 AM.