Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But Dick was supposed to be 8 when his parents died (a fact the Young Justice cartoon kept, stating he'd been Robin since he was 9). If Dick was 8, with that age difference, Tim would've been newborn and wouldn't have remembered seeing the Flying Graysons!
    The 8 is something Wolfman made up in NTT, in the Batman comics he was usually older.
    I think in the version of his Origin Story published around that time he was irrc 10 when his parents died, Year 3 (the Story Arc before A Lonely Place of Dying) indicated iirc that he was 11, and in most later Batman comics put that age at 12.

The 8 never made much sense, Dick is never shown to be that young in comics set at the beginning of his career, and it would have made Batman already close to 40 at the time of A Lonely Place of Dying.
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-17-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    As much as I sometimes complain about Beechan, I still see him as one of the better Tim Drake writers. Probably on par with Lewis (who did a better job with Tim's characterization, but brought too much weirdness into the book), and not as good as Yost or Dixon. Definitely better than Williamson, though: while I've forgiven him for what happened to Stephanie during his run due to the fact that Stephanie as Robin was his idea, it's also the case that he was the first to portray Tim as a scheming conniver — and while Tim has always been a troubleshooter and am out of the box thinker, the Tim that I prefer has never been the schemer.
    Williamson was awful, except for Steph. Fabian Nicieza was good too.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Btw. the comics are pretty contradictory when it comes to the ages of the Robins but imo the most plausible ages are something like:

Dick: Loses his Parents at age 12, becomes Robin at age 12-13, becomes Nightwing at age 19, is 21 in A Lonely Place of Dying
    Jason: Steals the tires at age of (almost) 12, becomes Robin at age 12, dies at age 13-14, is 18 in UtRH
    Tim: is 13 in A Lonely Place of Dying, becomes Robin at age 13 (but is about 14 arround the end his first mini), 17 when he becomes Red Robin
    Damian: 10 when he becomes Robin

That would make Dick 7 older than Jason, 8 years older than Tim and 15 years older than Damian.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Yeah; they should have included Cassie too. I mean, she hasn't changed her look as drastically as Tim has; but she's the biggest change of everyone else (especially if you use her wig phase as the “before”).
    It REALLY DEPENDS which versions do you take as reference:

-CONNER used first a Costume with red pants and blue top, then another red-blue costume with red-blue jacket, then the jeans and black shirt.
    I think he used both red-blue costumes during his time with YJ:

-BART was first Impulse and then Kid Flash and then Flash

This "old" Conner looks also different than I remember him from 1994:
    Conner 1994 had red gloves which covered his whole hands, the leather jacket was black inside...
    I dont see much of his costume, but this are difference which I noticed...

I have to say that I prefer the Conner and Tim on the left.
    The clean shaved and leather jacket without spikes Conner.

Conner did use both those costumes in YJ, the second one was introduced just over a year before his solo book was cancelled, and YJ lasted another year after that. The black t-shirt was first used in Teen Titans #1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Tim’s features in the special were really good. They managed to capture the feel of Tim from 2 eras: OYL and Rebirth. I liked the first story (OYL) better than Rebirth’s story.

Conner did use both those costumes in YJ, the second one was introduced just over a year before his solo book was cancelled, and YJ lasted another year after that. The black t-shirt was first used in Teen Titans #1.
    I liked the black t costume the best for Conner. Bart I liked best as Impulse, and Tim I liked his original Robin suit the best.ETZoYkbWAAAt_7J.jpg
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 03-18-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.

Young Justice #18:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay, I have to double back to read the author of Tim's Robin 80th story because at first, I thought it was Lobdell. It's all the narration boxes that look exactly like the one in New 52 Teen Titans. Tynion didn't use them in Detective Comics
    Like, I actually got a flashback and feeling a flash of annoyance at a moment, just seeing all the red and yellow XD
    Although the thing that gave it away as it doesn't start with My Name is Tim Drake. ^^

Young Justice #18:
    Steph looks better then Tim does .

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=SixSpeedSamurai;4893113]I liked the black t costume the best for Conner. Bart I liked best as Impulse, and Tim I liked his original Robin suit the best.

I prefer the Red Robin Costumes (NEW52 with the BEAUTIFUL wings and the Pre-Flashpoint COWL Costume).
    It was more unique,more mature and because of the colors he was close to his best friend Conner.
    I also LOVED the Arkham Games Costume, BUT I didnt like his short hairs.

For Bart I personally liked the Kid Flash Costume more, but I am really really really hoping that they will let him grow up and get a new Codename AND a new Costume.
    I like the INJUSTICE 2 Costumes for Flash and I would like that he takes one of them.
    Last edited by Masterff; 03-20-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Amazing Member

Tim's Robin 80th Extra Credit was a good story full of irony, he was Robin, he wasn't that good student Pre-Flashpoint, but well I enjoyed they remembered he was into the videogames and his baby face. His second story was good, well Tim and Dick were brothers for the first time in many years I enjoyed that, I liked how Tynion wrote his doubts less compliments would have been good, I prefered it if it's resolution was presented as a pre-Young Justice issue but it was nice.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So I just found out that the artist for Extra Credit and Batman/TMNT is Tim's old artist? I didn't recognize it. Tim's face is still similar to his old art, that's when it clicked, but the way he draws muscles and the inking is so different, when I first saw it in Batman/TMNT I thought he's a new artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So I just found out that the artist for Extra Credit and Batman/TMNT is Tim's old artist? I didn't recognize it. Tim's face is still similar to his old art, that's when it clicked, but the way he draws muscles and the inking is so different, when I first saw it in Batman/TMNT I thought he's a new artist.
    He changed his style quite a bit.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    He changed his style quite a bit.
    He changed it and not for the better.