Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    I liked Tim's New-52 costume, not as much as the Pre-Flashpoint suit but it was nice. As a matter of fact I liked Tim more in red.
    Likewise. I could even live with the cape-wings, though I wasn't so fond of how they became his weapon of choice instead of the staff. Downgrade them to glider wings only (getting rid of the mini-jetpack he used to fly) and give him back his staff, and it's a decent look. Strip away all of the Teen Titans “T”s, and it's a solid design.

I don't even mind the fact that the N52 suit had an assortment of gadgets built into it; only with how futuristic some of it got. Tim's first official suit wasn't just a colorful costume, either; in the Robin Reborn graphic novel, we were treated to a schematic of Tim's first Robin suit (yes, it had schematics). For the technology of the time, it was impressive.

The problem with the N52 Red Ribbon want the suit, for the most part; it was the guy in the suit. And it wasn't the codename either, though I understand why some had a problem with it. The problem is that Tim's personality got the Lobdell treatment, and (along other problems) he started telling a little too much on his technology, to the point that he was pressing buttons instead of coming up with creative ways out of sticky situations.

I wouldn't mind Tim returning to his N52 Red Robin costume and codename. Just not his N52 personality.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

It does look good. The only problem with it on that particular cover is that if it's after Rebirth Detective Comics started, he should no longer have been wearing it. I always assumed that Teen Titans run (which I haven't read) was entirely set before Rebirth, because Tim's costume didn't change before it ended. Hence my misunderstanding earlier.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It really depended on the artist for how I feel about the New 52 suit. Some people could do the look justice while others couldn’t, though it’s also I’m more partial to the pre-flashpoint Red Robin look so probably some bias there to be honest.

Honestly I think I liked the suit best when David Finch drew it in Forever Evil.Eddy Barrows also did a pretty good job while he was drawing the teen titans series.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-16-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

I also liked his Rebirth suit, the Drake suit isn't as bad as it could be, but I hate the color vehemently, even though the design isn't bad.

My main problem with the whole Drake thing is that that's all anyone discussed concerning Tim lately: what he calls himself, and what his costume looks like.
    Rogue wears rouge.

The design isn't even the big problem, it's the consistency. The Robin 80th anniversary was the first and so far only bat book to acknowledge that he's currently Drake. They've consistently stuck with the Rebirth Red Robin design even though Young Justice and the Superman books are using the new look.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean besides Action Comics and Young Justice it’s not as if Tim Drakes been in a lot of things lately, only other thing I can think of is the end of King’s Batman run and the Alfred RIP issue where he wasn’t even in costume.

Personally I think there needs to be another Batfamily book like Detective Comics was or what the Batman and Robin series turned into after Damian died.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

RIP did have a flashback... and it also used the Rebirth Red Robin costume - when it should've been his 90s one! So even though it had a good excuse for not using the Drake costume, it still used the Rebirth one when it shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean besides Action Comics and Young Justice it’s not as if Tim Drakes been in a lot of things lately, only other thing I can think of is the end of King’s Batman run and the Alfred RIP issue where he wasn’t even in costume.

Personally I think there needs to be another Batfamily book like Detective Comics was or what the Batman and Robin series turned into after Damian died.
    Gotham Knights, maybe?
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Gotham Knights, maybe?
    Yeah something like that, just something to have characters we like interact more.
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    it should be
    Actually I dont think so...
    I rather think the NEW52 TT Run doesnt exist anymore...

I am not sure, but YJ seemed more that they remind each other from Pre-Flashpoint...

Tim received his memory back by the magical powers of Zatanna and with Cassie it seemed that she doesnt know from where she became this memories back..

I figured anything involving New 52 Superboy, which means all of the first New 52 TT run and some of the second, were wiped in Superman Reborn, when Superboy ceased to exist (the new reality had Conner completely absent, meaning Jon was the first and only Superboy - Clark didn't remember Conner when they met in Action Comics recently). But Flash #750 tells a different tale. Wally sees contradictions in continuity - including the New 52 and silver age origins of the Teen Titans, which potentially means two Conners are around. Generation Zero or Death Metal will probably see the timeline merged somehow.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I figured anything involving New 52 Superboy, which means all of the first New 52 TT run and some of the second, were wiped in Superman Reborn, when Superboy ceased to exist (the new reality had Conner completely absent, meaning Jon was the first and only Superboy - Clark didn't remember Conner when they met in Action Comics recently). But Flash #750 tells a different tale. Wally sees contradictions in continuity - including the New 52 and silver age origins of the Teen Titans, which potentially means two Conners are around. Generation Zero or Death Metal will probably see the timeline merged somehow.
    As far as I understood it so far:

I thought that Jon is the only Superboy and was born shortly after the Doomsday Fight when Lois and Clark married.
    Conner never existed in this timeline and NEW52 NEVER happened, so there was no NEW52 Superboy.

Tim got his memories back by Zatanna and Cassie kept her memories from Pre-Flashpoint or so...
    Their encounter in YJ1 was strange, because of that...

I dont remember in which Issue it was, but they had a conversation between Cassie and Tim (I dont know if there were also others), but Cassie said something with weird... and this was the first time they tried to speak about that...

It was one of the issues of the second arc, so they were on another earth and I think it was the one with the "jungle"...

I view it more as Conner existed but everyone except the Young Justice team forgot him much like everyone forgot Wally West, I think Tim’s returned memories are an indication of that.

Personally at this point I wouldn’t try to put too much stock into any timeline or cohesion and I wouldn’t count out any of the new 52. I really like Snyder and how he has written Metal and Justice League (minus the confused ending) but let’s face it he’s referenced things that we aren’t sure that still happened or couldn’t have happened in current continuity. He flat out cited and referenced Batman’s Darkseid time travel from Final Crisis, the brain of the anti-monitor(so crisis on Infinite earths/infinite crisis), Aquaman’s hook hand, and somehow that Luthor killed the Crime Syndicate in Forever Evil even though that was New 52. That’s just to name the ones off the top of my head.

In other words the history of these characters as far as I can tell is whatever the writer says it is in that story. Maybe Snyder will fix it in Death Metal, I wish him luck on that Herculean feat of reboots, rebirths, and Dr. Manhattans....I’m still gonna read it.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-20-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    Words to live by.

Aquaman didn't still have the hook hand when the reboot happened. That was gone by 2001.