Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ah. The one he traumatized XD

It's in the main book. I don't think there's a tie in but I don't remember.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I thought it was so cool when he modified his staff to make a whistling sound that enabled him to beat him in a fight. Don't think that was used much later on though.

Which one is the first after he officially dons the costume?
    As gohei_ said, King Snake and his gang. Of particular significance, though, is the fact that a prominent member of his gang was Lynx. Years later, Bill Willingham would introduce Johnny Warlock as “Robin's nemesis”; but in truth, Lynx already held that role. She was just woefully underused.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

An established status quo for starts. We know now The Drakes died, but where will he live now that's within reach of Gotham and wherever Young Justice base is going to be (that's also the other question).
    Distance isn't going to be an issue soon, as he can get Sideways to teleport him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I appreciate you putting the Drake id on the thread. So many people are acting like its not happening but it happened and it continues lol

For 2020, I really want Tim to solidify the Drake id and make it his own. Have badass moments with it.
    Hoping for the same

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    That would be King Snake, along with his gang.

I have a question for you guys: I am currently reading War Games vol 1 & 2, about to finish up vol 2. Spoiler has just perished (by the way Bruce, you are an absolute dick sometimes), and now all of a sudden Tim's dad is also already dead. I believe this is something that happens in Identity Crisis correct? Is that one supposed to be read at the same time as War Games or what?
    Does the murder happen in the main books for that event or any of the tie-ins?
    I think Kobra also showed up a few times.

I want to check out War games. I've read the first 100 issues of Tim's series with Dixon. After that the quality went way down and I dropped it.

But from what I hear they brought on Dixon 75 issues later to fix things up with War games and bring back Spolier and it was good.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Jon Lewis' run was… a mixed bag. On the one hand, he really bailed the personalities of Tim and Stephanie. That part, I really enjoyed. But when it came to the fantastic side of Robin's life, well, that just got weird.

Then Bill Willingham came along. While I have since forgiven him for what happened to Tim's supporting cast on his watch (since both Jack's and Stephanie's deaths were editorial mandates), I'm still of the opinion that Bill's run was when Tim ceased being Tim. It was the first time I saw him portrayed as an arrogant know-it-all. Tim's personality has since oscillated between the insightful, careful, yet humble and “in over his head” portrayal he had under Dixon and Lewis on the one hand, and the devious, arrogant manipulator that we got with Willingham and Johns.

Oh: and in terms of tragedy in Tim's life? Originally, the extent of said tragedy was that his mom died and his dad was paralyzed. As Jon Lewis put it, Tim mourned his mom's passing and then moved on with life; his was easily the most healthy response to tragedy of anyone in the Bat-Family.

Then we got War Games, and Stephanie died.
    Then Identity Crisis, and Jack died.
    Then Infinite Crisis, and Superboy died. (Also, his stepmom.)
    Then Flash: The Fastest Man Alive ended, and Bart died. (There was a scene where Tim learned of Bart's death, and you could just feel the crushing depression of it.)

It was getting to the point that Tim was running out of friends and family for DC to kill.

And then in Final Crisis, Bruce died.

Granted, by that point most of the other deaths had been undone: Stephanie, Conner, and Bart were all back, and the only loss that Tim still had on his ledger was his parents. But even so, I can see why everyone thought that Tim was losing it when he started insisting that Bruce wasn't dead. While Tim did have a slim lead indicating that Bruce was still alive, his single-minded determination to track down that lead was in part a reaction to that relentless onslaught of deaths in his life.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Jon Lewis' run was… a mixed bag. On the one hand, he really bailed the personalities of Tim and Stephanie. That part, I really enjoyed. But when it came to the fantastic side of Robin's life, well, that just got weird.

Then Bill Willingham came along. While I have since forgiven him for what happened to Tim's supporting cast on his watch (since both Jack's and Stephanie's deaths were editorial mandates), I'm still of the opinion that Bill's run was when Tim ceased being Tim. It was the first time I saw him portrayed as an arrogant know-it-all. Tim's personality has since oscillated between the insightful, careful, yet humble and “in over his head” portrayal he had under Dixon and Lewis on the one hand, and the devious, arrogant manipulator that we got with Willingham and Johns.

Oh: and in terms of tragedy in Tim's life? Originally, the extent of said tragedy was that his mom died and his dad was paralyzed. As Jon Lewis put it, Tim mourned his mom's passing and then moved on with life; his was easily the most healthy response to tragedy of anyone in the Bat-Family.

Then Flash: The Fastest Man Alive ended, and Bart died. (There was a scene where Tim learned of Bart's death, and you could just feel the crushing depression of it.)

It was getting to the point that Tim was running out of friends and family for DC to kill.

Granted, by that point most of the other deaths had been undone: Stephanie, Conner, and Bart were all back, and the only loss that Tim still had on his ledger was his parents. But even so, I can see why everyone thought that Tim was losing it when he started insisting that Bruce wasn't dead. While Tim did have a slim lead indicating that Bruce was still alive, his single-minded determination to track down that lead was in part a reaction to that relentless onslaught of deaths in his life.
    An excellent analysis!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I think Kobra also showed up a few times.

I want to check out War games. I've read the first 100 issues of Tim's series with Dixon. After that the quality went way down and I dropped it.

But from what I hear they brought on Dixon 75 issues later to fix things up with War games and bring back Spolier and it was good.
    I picked up the trade for Death in the Family (mainly for the Jason Todd storyline) and it included the introduction to Tim Drake as well. After that I was hooked and started reading his solo run (along with any event or crossover he's part of and also appearances in the regular Batman and Detective run). It's possible I have missed any appearances in other books, but right now I am up to somewehere around issue 125, and will continue with that once War Games is finished.
    War Games felt somewhat similar to No Man's Land if you ask me, and the first book which has the buildup to it all was a lot more interesting than the war itself. It was also pretty fun to see Stephanies brief career as Robin.

I remember seeing all.this unfold and being disappointed and upset by it. Tim was always a light hearted character and that's why I liked him. All of what you just named off seemed like DC was very unnaturally trying to push Tim into a dark place. Didio sure loves his darkness and tragedy.

Tim is getting a new statute from Sideshow collectibles.

1125-previewbanner-300748-RobinPF.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How did his stepmom die?

I remember him meeting Kon only after he began his search for Bruce, and it didn't even sink in and made him happy until the second meeting. Did he know before meeting him?

Tim's stepmom was living in Bludhaven when the city was destroyed.

Tim might have known that Conner was alive again before meeting him; or he might not have, I don't recall. It was, after all, right in the middle of Final Crisis when Conner was brought back to life; so it's entirely possible that Tim hadn't heard of it yet. I think Bart came back at the same time, too; I know that both were brought back by the Legion of Superheroes, and I think it was in the Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds special. So yeah; it's entirely possible that when Tim set out to find Bruce, he still thought that they were dead.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I'm almost certain that you're right about that, based on how the two returned to Teen Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

God, I had put Willingham's run out of my mind, Johnny Warlock was awful. Lynx was a great nemesis for Tim I though. Anarky as well.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He's heard that Bart's back by the time he met Kon again in Red Robin. That much is sure because right after that he got the call from Ra's and then he rallied all his friends to protect everyone Bruce knows. Bart saved Catwoman.