Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    So, I'm not totally sure, but the Robin in this preview for Batman 100 is Tim, right?

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a682ec7d...62313d6af9.jpg
    He has a bo staff, so is most likely him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They even made fun of Tim not being around much in the Lego Batman movie. Tim really needs a strong writer. But who?

Kyle Higgins or Jeff Parker, those are the ones that come to mind.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm curious if Tim will actually get a important moment when he becomes robin or if it'll just be a joke scene where he gets tired of them making fun of the drake outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They even made fun of Tim not being around much in the Lego Batman movie. Tim really needs a strong writer. But who?
    Someone good at writing teenagers and they bring something new to that niche. What made his time as Robin work was he felt relatable to his audience so recapturing that angle would be ideal for him to work again. Its harder now because the new 52 dropped the everyman angle and made him solely red robin. It can be brought back but its gonna take some work.

I don't like him being deaged and being Robin again but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm curious if Tim will actually get a important moment when he becomes robin or if it'll just be a joke scene where he gets tired of them making fun of the drake outfit.
    Hopefully since Tynion is running the show, Tim will get a good transition.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

There's that Tim and Steph focused Young Justice issue coming up, I can see it happening there. Earth-3 Steph was the one who gave him the Drake costume, and Prime Earth Steph has already expressed her disapproval.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Someone good at writing teenagers and they bring something new to that niche. What made his time as Robin work was he felt relatable to his audience so recapturing that angle would be ideal for him to work again. Its harder now because the new 52 dropped the everyman angle and made him solely red robin. It can be brought back but its gonna take some work.

He's not being de-aged. In fact he was aged up in Robin 80th Anniversary. There was a story that was a prequel to Detective Comics Rebirth, in which Tim mentioned to Dick that he wasn't 20 yet. Originally in that series he was 16. Apparently not any more as he'd have probably said 18 instead of 20 if so. He's 18 or 19 now.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-25-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Well, Tim may be Red Robin again.

I mean, Tim was Red Robin at the start of Young Justice even although he has only one R (and solicitations promote him as Robin).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's that Tim and Steph focused Young Justice issue coming up, I can see it happening there. Earth-3 Steph was the one who gave him the Drake costume, and Prime Earth Steph has already expressed her disapproval.

He's not being de-aged. In fact he was aged up in Robin 80th Anniversary. There was a story that was a prequel to Detective Comics Rebirth, in which Tim mentioned to Dick that he wasn't 20 yet. Originally in that series he was 16. Apparently not any more as he'd have probably said 18 instead of 20 if so. He's 18 or 19 now.
    However, I think it is pretty likely Tim will be de-aged if he has the Robin identity again. They probably want a younger hero for that role.

He's never called himself Red Robin in Young Justice, has he? Bendis actually did drop the Red, hence the solicit text calling him just Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

He's never called himself Red Robin in Young Justice, has he? Bendis actually did drop the Red, hence the solicit text calling him just Robin.
    In Issue 8 of Young Justice, Tim mentioned that he is Red Robin.

In fact, Tim never say directly that he was Robin in Young Justice. At most, he mentioned he was "one of them" when Jinny Hex called him as Robin.

Honestly i preferred him going to college than going back to high school so thats were i was coming from.

If he really goes back to Robin, wich i doubt, the only positive thing that i can get out of this is that he would have a solo again. Because there hasn't been one since 2011.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That doesn't mean he's older, 16 is "not yet 20."
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If he really goes back to Robin, wich i doubt, the only positive thing that i can get out of this is that he would have a solo again. Because there hasn't been one since 2011.
    I think he will go back to Robin. Drake and Red Robin led to lot's of complaint's. Fans have been pestering Bendis on social media to make Tim Robin. It looks like we might be getting 3 Batgirls sharing the role so they might as well do the same with Robin.

I mean right now we have Damian, Jarro and Drake/RR [who is Robinish] That way no more fan complaints.