Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think he will go back to Robin. Drake and Red Robin led to lot's of complaint's. Fans have been pestering Bendis on social media to make Tim Robin. It looks like we might be getting 3 Batgirls sharing the role so they might as well do the same with Robin.

I mean right now we have Damian, Jarro and Drake/RR [who is Robinish] That way no more fan complaints.
    Teen Titans solciits are saying Damian is leaving the Robin role. I wonder if he'll be going to Tomasi's Detective Comics if not Tynion's Batman.

I think he will go back to Robin. Drake and Red Robin led to lot's of complaint's. Fans have been pestering Bendis on social media to make Tim Robin. It looks like we might be getting 3 Batgirls sharing the role so they might as well do the same with Robin.

I mean right now we have Damian, Jarro and Drake/RR [who is Robinish] That way no more fan complaints.
    I just don't believe that they would take the Robin role away from Damian, it just doesn't sound plausible to me. I can be wrong and i haven't read Glass TT since #32, but the whole thing just sounds like he is leaving role temporaly and then recovering later, kind of similar that Target one-shot when Bruce took the Nigthwing mantle from that story.

I supposed that Bendis might have the editorial power to pull that, but i still doubt it. Still i might be wrong and Tim would be Robin by the end of year, i don't know what to feel about it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

oh, please no.

Tim needs to progress...not go back. He needs his own name...before DC does another reboot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I just don't believe that they would take the Robin role away from Damian, it just doesn't sound plausible to me. I can be wrong and i haven't read Glass TT since #32, but the whole thing just sounds like he is leaving role temporaly and then recovering later, kind of similar that Target one-shot when Bruce took the Nigthwing mantle from that story.

I supposed that Bendis might have the editorial power to pull that, but i still doubt it. Still i might be wrong and Tim would be Robin by the end of year, i don't know what to feel about it.

Damian is walking away from Robin in the upcoming TT though I don't believe they are taking Robin away officially or permanently from him.

I'm talking about them sharing the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikkun View Post
    Teen Titans solciits are saying Damian is leaving the Robin role. I wonder if he'll be going to Tomasi's Detective Comics if not Tynion's Batman.
    Tomasi is writing his return to the Bat books

Astonishing Member

Damian is walking away from Robin in the upcoming TT though I don't believe they are taking Robin away officially or permanently from him.

I'm talking about them sharing the role.
    If this is an option, then Tim could change his name to Nightwing; He and Richard could share the role.

Couldn't create a bigger mess than is in Nightwing's own book now.

Tomasi is writing his return to the Bat books
    And the solicit mentions he's a threat. He's going to go rogue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    If this is an option, then Tim could change his name to Nightwing; He and Richard could share the role.

Actually I think Tim can be temporary Nightwing when Dick became Ric, it can be opportunity to strengthen the bond between Tim and Dick, like Tim helps Ric instead Bea. They're so close before, even Dick almost kills Joker for Tim, but after BftC, their bond is somewhat forgotten. But if Tim became Nightwing now with Dick, after Dick's fans waited impatiently for Ric to disappear, it certainly will create a bigger mess than is already on Nightwing's book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The solicitations aren't reliable. These always try to sound "interesting", but it doesn't really reflect what the story really shows.

Also, Tomasi likes Damian, so the story could be how Bruce and Damian reconcile.

Honestly, if the theory of two or three Batgirls is correct, it is also likely that we could have two Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm aware of that but I hardly think that he's about to become a big or long time foe. He's 13 Bruce is his dad they'll work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Why?

Nightwing belong's to Dick. I get that Dick heavily influenced Tim but that's like saying Tim share Rh with Jason just because Jay became a gun Batman just like TOT Tim.

Tim is already connected and still in a sidekick status [Tec he was support to leader Batwoman ] He offered to come in Batman the punch issue so him sharing Robin is makes more sense.

Tim shouldn't be temporary anything or move to yet another different role that already is been used by anyone.

Give him a Robin suit at least he used to be Robin and he never moved on to another id that took.
    Drake was just awful and Rebirth RR was even worse [like he was screaming please make me Robin I want to be Robin]

Tim id has become a meme at this point and the character is getting overshadowed by his inability to move on.
    Let him be Robin. Jarro is also Robin so it's not like we have just one.
    Let him be Robin as well and lets just end this whole 'should Tim become the new.....' saga that has dogged him since b4 new 52
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-26-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm aware of that but I hardly think that he's about to become a big or long time foe. He's 13 Bruce is his dad they'll work it out.
    Yeah, I think at most Damian becomes a solo hero for a while and takes on a new identity like nightwing/red hood. They're not going to make him into some big bad, because no one will take Damian seriously as one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Actually I think Tim can be temporary Nightwing when Dick became Ric, it can be opportunity to strengthen the bond between Tim and Dick, like Tim helps Ric instead Bea. They're so close before, even Dick almost kills Joker for Tim, but after BftC, their bond is somewhat forgotten. But if Tim became Nightwing now with Dick, after Dick's fans waited impatiently for Ric to disappear, it certainly will create a bigger mess than is already on Nightwing's book.
    If Dick hadn't been shot and Bendis hadn't joined DC, Tim WOULD have become Nightwing. The original plan was for Dick to suffer from vertigo, not amnesia. That would've still prevented him from being Nightwing, so Tim takes over. Instead, the writer left in protest because Dick getting shot spoiled his plans, and we got Ric, while Tim joined the re-formed Young Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I think at most Damian becomes a solo hero for a while and takes on a new identity like nightwing/red hood. They're not going to make him into some big bad, because no one will take Damian seriously as one lol.
    I don't think he'll get a new id nor will he go independent like Nightwing or Red Hood. He is 13 a minor and all of this came about due to a lack of guidance which Bruce feels guilty about so it's more likely that Bruce will get more hands on after they make up.

In real world context, Damian is the most well known and recognisable Robin after Dick Grayson by the wider non-comic audience. Aside from this valuable familiarity. I doubt the reasons that lead to WB overriding DC's decision to replace him have gone. Far more likely Drake wasn't testing well and Dc have given up on what to do with Tim's identity and decided to just make him Robin which lets face it is the role he has been in since new 52 they just take out the 'Red' part.