Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, i think that what i said mostly applied to Tim right before the reboot. Current Tim is more dificult to pinpoint (i'm not counting Lodbell's take because that is a different characther when you get down to it) because we really don't get too much into his head, rigth now he really loves Steph and wants to spend as much time as he can with his YJ friends, so i guest that you could argue that he doesn't really care much about his superhero identity as much as he does about keeping his loved ones close.
    Yeah, I'm talking about Post Crisis too. Between when he started to his father's death there are about 3-4 years? What made him decide to stick around that long?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah, I'm talking about Post Crisis too. Between when he started to his father's death there are about 3-4 years? What made him decide to stick around that long?
    I think that his plan was the he would eventually leave the Robin role around college. As for why he stuck, plenty of reasons, partially because he enjoyed it and gave him a break for some of the hard stuff in real life, plus a part of him feel that he just wasn't done, that he still needed to do more before he retired, you know that Peter Parker sense of responsability.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Much longer than that. Jack Drake didn't die until Identity Crisis - in 2004. That's 15 years after Tim became Robin!

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Identity_Crisis_Vol_1_5
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Much longer than that. Jack Drake didn't die until Identity Crisis - in 2004. That's 15 years after Tim became Robin!

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Identity_Crisis_Vol_1_5
    I think he meant in continuity, not in real world.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Whelp. Looks like Tim's Christmas present this year is a big fat axe. Young Justice is no more.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Whelp. Looks like Tim's Christmas present this year is a big fat axe. Young Justice is no more.
    ......well that was a waste of 2 yrs worth of hype.

Why? Did you not enjoy the stories?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, Hawkman as well.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Fallout from the recent layoffs, I'm guessing. Things are about to get really bad for DC Comics.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Why? Did you not enjoy the stories?
    I think only the first arc really captured me. 7-present have really been me saying....ok let’s see where this goes. The way Bendis was making this book, it really needed up to 50 issues minimum to cover everything Bendis tried to set up

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Fallout from the recent layoffs, I'm guessing. Things are about to get really bad for DC Comics.
    No. The cancellations in November aren't directly related to the layoff. These cancellations would happened even if the layoff doesn't happen.

We also have many cancellations in October.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, Hawkman as well.
    Yeah, true, I just posted the one relevant to this thread, the team Tim was part of.

Reading the second trade of Bendis' Young Justice, I saw some sketches of the Drake suit and honestly some of them look better than what we ended up with.

Admittedly some were a little too Nightwing and the red and black is Red Hood's thing but they felt more like a proper new costume for Tim.

(And all the characters trying to make "Drake" happen within the comics just sounds silly).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reading the second trade of Bendis' Young Justice, I saw some sketches of the Drake suit and honestly some of them look better than what we ended up with.

Admittedly some were a little too Nightwing and the red and black is Red Hood's thing but they felt more like a proper new costume for Tim.

(And all the characters trying to make "Drake" happen within the comics just sounds silly).
    Would love to see those sketches.

Might be worth buying the trade.

Astonishing Member

In Nightwing #73, Jason calls Tim as Drake in the Robin suit. He speaks of Barbara as Batgirl (and he mentions they shouldn't use their real name).

So, it is possible Tim will still be under Drake name in the Robin suit.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-18-2020 at 04:08 AM.