Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Agreed.

Also excellent arguments why Tim should have his own recognizable brand name...and not just a shared Robin name.
    Actually the fact that we don't see Orphan or Spoiler may prove the opposite.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    True. They probably won't choose Drake or Red Robin for this game.

The other ex-Robins are special cases. Dick is the first Robin that has become independent (as Nightwing). And the concept of Red Hood as the Robin who become an anti-hero is pretty popular.

They still need a Robin for a Bat-Family game, so Tim was their choice (I suspect they choose Tim because they don't want to use the "Son of Batman" concept).

Red Robin lost any chance of being a recognizable brand after the reboot (and to be honest, chances were thin even back then) and it essentially turn into Robin-not Robin, Drake might have turn into something good, in the hands of anyone that isn't Bendis
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I mean if this is Tim Drake maybe there’s a chance for at least Spoiler to show up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Red Robin lost any chance of being a recognizable brand after the reboot (and to be honest, chances were thin even back then) and it essentially turn into Robin-not Robin, Drake might have turn into something good, in the hands of anyone that isn't Bendis
    As ridiculous as the name sounded in Young Justice, I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean if this is Tim Drake maybe there’s a chance for at least Spoiler to show up.
    It'd be nice to reference her and completely pretend that whole Tim/Babs thing Rocksteady did never happened .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It'd be nice to reference her and completely pretend that whole Tim/Babs thing Rocksteady did never happened .
    I mean it would require a miracle on in order to get a good creator that could do it, but with Bendis was dead on arrival.

Oh yeah, i still dumbfounded than that happened, how old were Tim and Babs in that universe by the way, is kind of weird how Tim wasn't far behind of then in age.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I mean shouldn’t be a problem because supposedly this is a separate universe while the Suicide Squad game is in that universe....even though that makes no sense whatsoever but hey what are you going to do.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Drake wasn't the worst name, I mean in universe nobody would have guessed for the same reason Batman's identity is still secret, but Bendis introduced it in the worst possible way, and let's be honest Red Robin wasn't great either.
    Last edited by Dazai_Osamu; 08-24-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Yeah, in fact the game's Wikipedia article says that (ending spoilers)
    spoilers:
    Robin and Babs get married. At first, having not played the games, I thought that was a mistake and should've said Nightwing!
    end of spoilers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Knight
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, in fact the game's Wikipedia article says that (ending spoilers)
    spoilers:
    Robin and Babs get married. At first, having not played the games, I thought that was a mistake and should've said Nightwing!
    end of spoilers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Knight
    Arkham games probably work with the popularity of ship between Robin and Batgirl. The creators probably don't care that the relationship is between Dick and Babs in comics.

I guess the creators won't repeat this on Gotham Knights, since the trailer shows more about Batgirl and Nightwing as equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Arkham games probably work with the popularity of ship between Robin and Batgirl. The creators probably don't care that the relationship is between Dick and Babs in comics.

I guess the creators won't repeat this on Gotham Knights, since the trailer shows more about Batgirl and Nightwing as equals.
    Plus is likely that Tim is a teenager, so no way they are going there.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

His character description calls him the youngest, so yes, he should be a teenager, and it also means Damian doesn't exist.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    heh, maybe part of the reason Tim is becoming robin again in the comics is because of this game.
    You could be on to something. He does look and is dressed as comic Damian.

So there's some rumors going around that Tim will be in Titans next season and they want a asian actor to play the role. The guy saiyng this has some good track record with his scoops for this show, for what i been seeing since i found him.

I don't know what to think about this, but only because they can't develop the characters they already have introduced, aside from Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So there's some rumors going around that Tim will be in Titans next season and they want a asian actor to play the role. The guy saiyng this has some good track record with his scoops for this show, for what i been seeing since i found him.

I don't know what to think about this, but only because they can't develop the characters they already have introduced, aside from Dick.
    If Ryan Potter had waited a few years he might've been able to play Tim like he pitched for.