Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How do you all feel about Drake being Robin again?
    a step backwards.

but what's done is done.

I think he might just be place-holding for Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, it was implied two times:

- Tim speaks with "Batgirl" (it is Punchline impersonating her voice) by radio. He says "Drake out" at the end of their talk. This line happened in Nightwing #73 and Red Hood #48.

- Jason calls Tim as Drake. And Jason says they shouldn't use their real names in public.
    And Damian is still Robin during Joker War, so maybe the changes happen after this war and not during it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Eh

Despite what everyone said in the other thread, I'm still not sure if the character himself wants to be Robin again, regardless of what he feels about the demon brat, or is it just the 90s fans-writers projecting.

In the Rebirth timeline, it's been 3 years since then, and there's no significant difference between Robin and Red Robin's role. They're both Batman's support, Titans leader, and don't come home to the Manor much. So Tim going back to Robin for me is... just like what both him and Damian do usually.

Is only good if he gets a solo series out of it. If he doesn't is just an step backwards
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    And Damian is still Robin during Joker War, so maybe the changes happen after this war and not during it.

Tynion has sad the Batman 100 cover is not reflective of what happens and it just features character who were a big part of the run. I wouldn’t take Damian being on that cover seriously.

In fact, it was implied two times:

- Tim speaks with "Batgirl" (it is Punchline impersonating her voice) by radio. He says "Drake out" at the end of their talk. This line happened in Nightwing #73 and Red Hood #48.

- Jason calls Tim as Drake. And Jason says they shouldn't use their real names in public.
    Both of which could be references to his real name and not his codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait, his stepmother also died? Oh... right... he wouldn't be adopted by Bruce otherwise. Did she die before Jack? How?
    After Jack. Tim hired an actor to pretend to be his uncle, but both he and his stepmother (who was in a mental hospital because of her reaction to Jack's murder) were killed when Bludhaven was destroyed. Bruce adopted Tim after that.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-31-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Both of which could be references to his real name and not his codename.
    The second could be ambiguous.

However, the first was Tim speaking with (a person he believe that was) "Barbara" and calling her as Batgirl. So, it will be weird he doesn't say "Robin out" at the end if he is Robin again.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-31-2020 at 11:20 AM.

it's also a bit early, the issue Damian quit just came out last week. Might be a few issues before Tim reclaims the mantle.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

The second could ambiguous.

However, the first was Tim speaking with (a person he believe that was) "Barbara" and calling her as Batgirl. So, it will be weird he doesn't say "Robin out" at the end if he is Robin again.
    Disambiguation. Robin could be Damian, so it makes more sense to use his civilian name.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jason 100% was referring to Tim as Drake because of his new persona, not his surname. Which makes this page feel absolutely stupid, unless Jason was messing with him.

Tim calling Red Hood "Jason" makes it clear he thought Jason was using his civilian name.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tim calling Red Hood "Jason" makes it clear he thought Jason was using his civilian name.
    So why Jason told Tim to call him Red Hood in the streets? Makes no sense.
    It just show how the Drake codename is stupid af.

Hard to say, I do think it is a step backwards for him since his time as Drake and Red Robin was to try to establish his own identity but then again a big part of who the character is being Robin for Batman when he needs a Robin. I can live with it but I think he needs to grow out of the role.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

When members of the Batfamily call him Drake is kinda confusing if they are messing with him or not.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Unlike other bleeding cool news (where they talk about leaks from their sources), a lot of this seems to be based on guesswork.

They say that Tim is going back to being Robin, because he will appear with the Robin suit in YJ. However, in Nightwing #73, he still under Drake alias in the Robin suit.
    I got a feeling they read tomorrow's issue, which will probably confirm Tim being robin again. Rich also did a article on stephanie being robin in this continuity today, which probably comes from tomorrows issue.

And honestly, all future Tim apparences show him in the robin costume. There is no way he keeps using that costume and still goes by Drake as his hero alias. It makes no sense.