Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Tynion tried that new direction part dweeb a (a little), part somber and part super tech genius, I don't like particularly his way but well at least it's better than New 52 Tim, well it isn't difficult, it was so bad that almost everything was better.

Amazing Member

Ive been saying this...he should be called the Secret.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    Ive been saying this...he should be called the Secret.
    I think Secret would be a great name for Tim.

If not that, then Black Robin would be a good name for him...better than Red Robin.

Isn't there already a Secret?
    Black Robin also sounds iffy

Does it have to be another characters identity or a bird name?

It might be time for Tim to find his niche and a completely unique name might help him do that. become more than a sidekick with a bird themed name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Isn't there already a Secret?
    Black Robin also sounds iffy

Does it have to be another characters identity or a bird name?

It might be time for Tim to find his niche and a completely unique name might help him do that. become more than a sidekick with a bird themed name.
    Greta Hayes was Secret...but her story concluded happily. Let's let her be.

Black Robin iffy? How? Is Black Canary or Black Condor iffy? The Blackhawks?

I'm not in love with the name Black Robin...but it's, at least, not the name of a burger restaurant.

I too would like Tim to have a unique niche...but we can't have too many more failures to launch...like none. This character has enough strikes against him.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 10-04-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Greta Hayes was Secret...but her story concluded happily. Let's let her be.

Black Robin iffy? How? Is Black Canary or Black Condor iffy? The Blackhawks?

I'm not in love with the name Black Robin...but it's, at least, not the name of a burger restaurant.

I too would like Tim to have a unique niche...but we can't have too many more failures to launch...like none. This character has enough strikes against him.
    Why would Tim take on Greta's identity? aside from being former TM's what is the justification. We have logical reasons why nightwing and Red Hood adopted those names.

Black Robin is iffy because Tim again it's Robin related. I get it. Tim seemingly needs the association of Robin to stop from sinking or he has problem's moving on.

Nothing robin related, Robinish, robin-lite.
    Not the names not the colours. Move on. Anything Robin related is a strike against the character.

Jeez even Duke is craving out an identity for himself that is nothing to do with Robin and he is the replacement for Tim's replacement.

Synergy with Spoiler? Think about what spoilers are, in media terms. Secrets that shouldn't be revealed until you've seen a certain show or movie. And as Spoiler spoils the villains plans, Tim could leak the bad guys' secrets (telling the cops or Batman where someone's lair is, for example).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-04-2020 at 08:07 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Holy crap. I've always thought Secret would be a decent name for Tim before, but I'd never thought about Spoiler/Secret. That's genius.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Synergy with Spoiler? Think about what spoilers are, in media terms. Secrets that shouldn't be revealed until you've seen a certain show or movie. And as Spoiler spoils the villains plans, Tim could leak the bad guys' secrets (telling the cops or Batman where someone's lair is, for example).
    That does make sense. Tim could be an oracle type. A hero who deals with information and secrets. Tim does have a history of uncovering a few hero secret identities, so flip that for bad guys and their plans.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the whole point... imagine a Secret/Spoiler series. The Internet will break in half.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    That's the whole point... imagine a Secret/Spoiler series. The Internet will break in half.
    You're thinking about Tim and kon. Tim and Steph isn't anywhere near as beloved by the net. The opposite seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    You're thinking about Tim and kon. Tim and Steph isn't anywhere near as beloved by the net. The opposite seems to be the case.
    It would be cool. Up until about War Games Tim and Steph were a great pair, then it got pretty rocky until Flashpoint.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

I'm partial to Sparrow, Red Raptor, Cardinal but I wouldn't mind Secret. I'd read Secret/Spoiler! Timsteph is awesome
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Reminds me of his Drake suit

sWCpl9o.jpg

Is Tim appearing in any of the Future State issues?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona