Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    In fact, Tim is still a teen in Rebirth even if he's starting college, here he's a super genius who skipped grades.
    Future state is set 10 -15 years in the future so no Tim isn't a teen.

Astonishing Member

It seems that in the Robin King tie-in he was called the Red Robin again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Future state is set 10 -15 years in the future so no Tim isn't a teen.
    You'd think so -- but considering that even in Pre-Flashpoint continuity he was occasionally stated as younger than the timeline suggests (for instance in Robin #116 he described as 16, whereas a reasonable reading of the timeline suggests that five years have passed since his debut as a 13-year old so he should be 18.) and it's only got worse since -- so I wouldn't count on it.
    Last edited by Shamrock Holmes; 10-21-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    You'd think so -- but considering that even in Pre-Flashpoint continuity he was occasionally stated as younger than the timeline suggests (for instance in Robin #116 he described as 16, whereas a reasonable reading of the timeline suggests that five years have passed since his debut as a 13-year old so he should be 18.) and it's only got worse since -- so I wouldn't count on it.
    yes but this time they time skip and the story relies on time being skipped with all the heroes that's grown up like Aquababy

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It seems that in the Robin King tie-in he was called the Red Robin again.
    with Robin costume again. Huft. And Duke narration said about Robin, former Robin, and almost Robin. If former Robin is Steph and almost Robin is Duke, with Damian nowhere on sight, the Tim can be classified as Robin.
    At this point I had to accept that Tim is maybe indeed Robin Eternal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    There is kind of a difference between ignoring the time passing in actual stories, something they were actually doing with all characters (Bruce parents for example died "25 years ago" beginning from the early 80s to pretty close before flashpoint), and doing that when you are writing a story set in an alternative future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    with Robin costume again. Huft. And Duke narration said about Robin, former Robin, and almost Robin. If former Robin is Steph and almost Robin is Duke, with Damian nowhere on sight, the Tim can be classified as Robin.
    At this point I had to accept that Tim is maybe indeed Robin Eternal.
    The thing is Tim is called Red in Robin King tie-in by Stephanie.

To be fair, the suits are pretty confusing because Cassandra uses her previous Orphan suit, Stephanie uses her Spoiler suit with ninja mask (but not Batsymbol) and Tim uses his Robin suit (although he has been called Red Robin in that suit).

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is Tim is called Red in Robin King tie-in by Stephanie.

To be fair, the suits are pretty confusing because Cassandra uses her previous Orphan suit, Stephanie uses her Spoiler suit with ninja mask (but not Batsymbol) and Tim uses his Robin suit (although he has been called Red Robin in that suit).
    At this point this isn't a mistake. Tim is Red Robin making him Robin Eternal.

Dc are trying to have their cake and eat it at the same time.

Cass and Steph have Bat symbols but are not Bat girls
    Tim is dressed as Robin but is still called Red Robin.
    And it worked since it got all the 90's fans frotting with excitement but it's just a con.

DC seems bent on confusing fans

Uh, I think you'll find that Cass and Steph are collectively known as Batgirls, at least in Future State. They did keep the individual Orphan and Spoiler codenames though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    At this point this isn't a mistake. Tim is Red Robin making him Robin Eternal.

Dc are trying to have their cake and eat it at the same time.

Cass and Steph have Bat symbols but are not Bat girls
    Tim is dressed as Robin but is still called Red Robin.
    And it worked since it got all the 90's fans frotting with excitement but it's just a con.

DC seems bent on confusing fans
    Pretty much this. If they want to keep Tim with that codename he should have a design that looks like.. well, 'Red' Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, I think you'll find that Cass and Steph are collectively known as Batgirls, at least in Future State. They did keep the individual Orphan and Spoiler codenames though.
    So Cass is still Orphan and Steph is still Spoiler right?

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Pretty much this. If they want to keep Tim with that codename he should have a design that looks like.. well, 'Red' Robin
    Because they're still hoping to cash in on the nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Because they're still hoping to cash in on the nostalgia
    Ya, which is kind of silly to me

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Ya, which is kind of silly to me
    It works so they keep doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It works so they keep doing it
    Which is unfortunate. I'd have loved to see what Tim could have done as 'Drake' at least for a couple of years before canning the whole thing. Loved the suit, color scheme.. it was different enough from everyone else. At least he wouldn't just be another 'Robin'. Don't hate the Red Robin name per say, but they at least need to give him a look closer to the pre-52 one, and a mission more in line with what he had as well. With the 'Robin' identity still open I'm sure Damian will be back soon, so the sooner those changes come the better.. at least that would be my hope.