Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Was pretty cool seeing Tim in flashback in Batman last week!

Yeah it's cool! Loved it.
    We have to thank Tynion for this, even though I've never fully appreciated his work and his Tim is bland and boring. He really love the character.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Tim is referred to as Robin in one of the Batgirl #50 stories this week, could be an editorial mistake though.
    So many editorial mistake for Tim's title on past months. They really should make up their mind

Even here he's in Robin costume with only one "R" on his chest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post

Even here he's in Robin costume with only one "R" on his chest.
    Well, that image's for a Death Metal story.

He is using the Robin costume with only one "R" (while he is called Red) there as we see on Death Metal Robin King backup story.

I feel like we are eventually just going to get a meta text argument from Tim about his last 10 years of identities.

anyone close to Tim: "are you just Robin again?'

Tim: "Okay look, I tried to change but you all won't let me. I tried Red Robin but you guys thought I looked like Doctor Mid-nite or thought the Wings were stupid. Then I tried Drake and not only did you make fun of my color scheme, including my girlfriend, you got on my case about me using my name as an alias. So yes I'm being Robin for now, once we figure out what people are cool with I'll figure out the name situation."
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I feel like we are eventually just going to get a meta text argument from Tim about his last 10 years of identities.

anyone close to Tim: "are you just Robin again?'

Tim: "Okay look, I tried to change but you all won't let me. I tried Red Robin but you guys thought I looked like Doctor Mid-nite or thought the Wings were stupid. Then I tried Drake and not only did you make fun of my color scheme, including my girlfriend, you got on my case about me using my name as an alias. So yes I'm being Robin for now, once we figure out what people are cool with I'll figure out the name situation."
    Addendum

I even resorted to ti8me travelling in my desperate attempts to show I can be more than Robin.

I jumped to the future and raided Terry's closet becoming Batman Beyond.

I had a make over and named myself Saviour out that turned out to be the alias of a mentally unstable man from Metropolis

Extraordinary Member

I just saw the tim drake ending in death Of the family. He had the least realistic ending. Not the crows sympathizing with two face it was ridiculous

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Yeah it's cool! Loved it.
    We have to thank Tynion for this, even though I've never fully appreciated his work and his Tim is bland and boring. He really love the character.
    I think Tynion's Tim varies a bit. Sometimes he writes Tim as kind of a frustrating hypertech arrogant guy (a bit too much of his Tec run), but when he wrote Tim in Batman Eternal, he was the sweet, loyal guy I loved from the 90s and early 2000s, before Johns and editorial pushed him too far down the dark path. I think the end of his Tec tried to reconcile Johns and Dixon's Tims, and was a decent transition to what Bendis did in terms of voice.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

I think Tynion's Tim varies a bit. Sometimes he writes Tim as kind of a frustrating hypertech arrogant guy (a bit too much of his Tec run), but when he wrote Tim in Batman Eternal, he was the sweet, loyal guy I loved from the 90s and early 2000s, before Johns and editorial pushed him too far down the dark path. I think the end of his Tec tried to reconcile Johns and Dixon's Tims, and was a decent transition to what Bendis did in terms of voice.
    i agree with this
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I agree with you for everything but Batman Eternal's Tim. As far as I remember I didn't find the sweet, loyal guy I loved too in the 90's. Maybe I should read it again.
    Tynion tried to reconcile Johns and Dixon's Tim without success in my opinion. The obsessive and costant recall to his superior intelligence bothers me, this is not his primal distinctiveness.
    He's an everyman, kind and gentle and I can't find this in Tynion depiction.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 11-02-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Tim was "Robin" in the last issue of YJ this week.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

Maybe they can go the whole Flash Wally/Wallace route. If they cast Tim with a black actor on the Titans show as Robin then DC can introduce a young black Tim Drake in the comics as Robin and erase the original one and try to say the new Tim is the real one. Then a few years later bring the original Tim back and have the new Tim just go by Timothy where they have two Tim Drakes running around in Gotham at the same time.

That whole Wally situation is just so ridiculous to me when you write it out like that, haha.
    Tim and Timothy LOL. I hope it doesnt come to that

Huh...so I was listening to a two week old Comicpop interview with Tom King “Ric” Grayson situation. Apparently before the whole Ric thing apparently King’s plan was that for 7 issues or so Dick would go to Tim as he recovered and then Tim would be taking care of the disposed Dick Grayson after his head injury and he would suit up as Nightwing in his place.

I guess Young Justice was in the way or something, but I guess that’s the untold story of Tim as Nightwing we will never see. The discussion is around the 32 minute mark in the video below.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh...so I was listening to a two week old Comicpop interview with Tom King “Ric” Grayson situation. Apparently before the whole Ric thing apparently King’s plan was that for 7 issues or so Dick would go to Tim as he recovered and then Tim would be taking care of the disposed Dick Grayson after his head injury and he would suit up as Nightwing in his place.

I guess Young Justice was in the way or something, but I guess that’s the untold story of Tim as Nightwing we will never see. The discussion is around the 32 minute mark in the video below.

Interesting listen

Extraordinary Member

Tim drake has been casted for Titans and he is bi racial