Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Feels odd to me too to think that WB is ready to move on from Damian as Robin with his wider media presence than Tim. Hoping it's like a Babs batgirl and the Batgirls thing. Damian at 13 already graduating the role while Tim who's been in that role since the 90's is still there and getting younger feels off.

It's not like creators are going to stop creating new characters/Robins. I feel this is the last time we'll be here with Tim.

DC has a strange way of handling legacy. Yara now replaces Cassie, Jon Kent getting the huge push and Andy as the new Aquagirl. That's a whole new generation getting a huge promo by bthe new regime. The whole thing is off.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Feels odd to me too to think that WB is ready to move on from Damian as Robin with his wider media presence than Tim. Hoping it's like a Babs batgirl and the Batgirls thing. Damian at 13 already graduating the role while Tim who's been in that role since the 90's is still there and getting younger feels off.

It's not like creators are going to stop creating new characters/Robins. I feel this is the last time we'll be here with Tim.

DC has a strange way of handling legacy. Yara now replaces Cassie, Jon Kent getting the huge push and Andy as the new Aquagirl. That's a whole new generation getting a huge promo by bthe new regime. The whole thing is off.
    I actually agree with you here. Tim was fine as Red Robin, as was the transition. The New-52 ruined all of that. I find that to be a huge reason why we are here now as it concerns Tim. Moving Damian out of the Robin role is another story in itself, I'm surprised as well. Thought it would only be for a few issues/ an arc at most.

That's so weird .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I actually agree with you here. Tim was fine as Red Robin, as was the transition. The New-52 ruined all of that. I find that to be a huge reason why we are here now as it concerns Tim. Moving Damian out of the Robin role is another story in itself, I'm surprised as well. Thought it would only be for a few issues/ an arc at most.
    Agreed. I think DC should have invested in RR. That was a successful title for Tim and he made that identity his own more so than the previous holders. Fandom had mostly come around to the change but then the new52 happened and DC had to go try something.

Now here we are Tim's got his origin back and is Robin but he's also not Tim as he was back pre flashpoint. I don't even know what his history is given that he is 16 and took up the Robin mantle at age 13 was he Robin alongside Damian? What happened to his lengthy tenure?

Sometimes when you try too hard to fix something you only make it worse but I will say this, Robin is better than Drake and the odds of Tim thriving again is increased as Robin [I think]

Agreed. I think DC should have invested in RR. That was a successful title for Tim and he made that identity his own more so than the previous holders. Fandom had mostly come around to the change but then the new52 happened and DC had to go try something.

Now here we are Tim's got his origin back and is Robin but he's also not Tim as he was back pre flashpoint. I don't even know what his history is given that he is 16 and took up the Robin mantle at age 13 was he Robin alongside Damian? What happened to his lengthy tenure?

Sometimes when you try too hard to fix something you only make it worse but I will say this, Robin is better than Drake and the odds of Tim thriving again is increased as Robin [I think]
    Only time will tell.

What Tim needed at the start of the New-52 was a solo to help shape his changed history. No one in the bat-fam got screwed as hard as Tim and Dick(who easily took it the hardest) when it came to their history getting wiped. Adding that Cass and Steph didn't exist at the start of the reboot just mauled Tim's history as his time in the 'R'. At least Dick had a solo to start things off to establish the new version of him. I feel Tim not having one at least to start the New 52 was the first big mistake which ultimately doomed the Red Robin identity, his transition to it rang hollow with no attached journey which lead him to that point. He was basically Robin 2.0, and not a graduated Robin like Pre-52 established and felt like

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Only time will tell.

What Tim needed at the start of the New-52 was a solo to help shape his changed history. No one in the bat-fam got screwed as hard as Tim and Dick(who easily took it the hardest) when it came to their history getting wiped. Adding that Cass and Steph didn't exist at the start of the reboot just mauled Tim's history as his time in the 'R'. At least Dick had a solo to start things off to establish the new version of him. I feel Tim not having one at least to start the New 52 was the first big mistake which ultimately doomed the Red Robin identity, his transition to it rang hollow with no attached journey which lead him to that point. He was basically Robin 2.0, and not a graduated Robin like Pre-52 established and felt like
    Dick established the Nightwing ID with the Titans for several years before his solo... though if you’re talking about the New 52 version of Red Robin in regards to establishing that version of him, I actually agree - primarily on the basis that Fabian Nicieza was still writing for DC at the time, and Scott Lobdell had no reason to try “fixing” Red Robin the way he did, so he really could have just had his old volume continued forward, kind of like how Dick honestly could have been Batman still then get transitioned to a new Nightwing solo without really needing a new origin.

Honestly, the Batman books getting even half-rebooted was largely meaningless outside of their attempt to scrap Oracle from existence alongside Cassie and Steph. I mean, basically all the boys were selling fine and going strong, and launching a Jason book was the only real change they had.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Congrats Tim gets to be “the” Robin. However With Nightwing taking point in TT and Batman no longer having partner series has anything changed for Tim? Where will he be after future state. Making ensemble appearances in detective comics and what else ???

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Congrats Tim gets to be “the” Robin. However With Nightwing taking point in TT and Batman no longer having partner series has anything changed for Tim? Where will he be after future state. Making ensemble appearances in detective comics and what else ???
    I think Tynion said something about seeing Batman and Robin together again...if Tim is becoming Robin again, he's probably Bruce's partner again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Tynion said something about seeing Batman and Robin together again...if Tim is becoming Robin again, he's probably Bruce's partner again.
    Nope that’s Harley now.....

My opinion still hasn't changed, if Tim doesn't get a solo out of this, then it was pointless.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Dick established the Nightwing ID with the Titans for several years before his solo... though if you’re talking about the New 52 version of Red Robin in regards to establishing that version of him, I actually agree - primarily on the basis that Fabian Nicieza was still writing for DC at the time, and Scott Lobdell had no reason to try “fixing” Red Robin the way he did, so he really could have just had his old volume continued forward, kind of like how Dick honestly could have been Batman still then get transitioned to a new Nightwing solo without really needing a new origin.

Honestly, the Batman books getting even half-rebooted was largely meaningless outside of their attempt to scrap Oracle from existence alongside Cassie and Steph. I mean, basically all the boys were selling fine and going strong, and launching a Jason book was the only real change they had.
    Given Steph and Cass were not in existence at the time that couldn't have worked. Both played a huge role in his tenure as Robin/ and as Red Robin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is what Tynion says about the Batfamily in his book:

Nrama: It's always great to see the Bat-family together and I know you're a fan of writing them. Are we going to be seeing more team-ups in 2021?

Tynion IV: Honestly, one of the biggest things that I am excited about is we have this incredible line of talent that we're seeing across the entire Gotham spectrum right now. That includes all of the writers and artists working on the Bat-family characters, and as you start getting the full picture of that, you're going to see how interconnected these titles are. Not in a way that will stop anyone who just wants to follow their favorite character, but there will be more touchstones that you can follow across the whole line.

What that does is - it allows me to touch on the relationships between Batman and some of the members of his supporting cast in the larger bat family without making the Batman comic a Bat-family comic, which for anyone who's followed my work knows how much I love the Bat-family, but my Detective Comics run was like a 50-issue ode to the bat family.

So, in my Batman run I'm a bit more concerned with the new characters we've been introducing to the Gotham mythos, and then honestly, Batman's incredible cast of villains. The focus of the central Batman title isn't going to really veer into a lot of bat family stuff, but the bat family is always going to be there to touch upon key moments. The one exception to that is Barbara Gordon, who, as I said, will be a key supporting character both in the Batman title and in the Joker book.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-wr...21-and-beyond/

So, I don't think Tynion will use Tim or Robin a lot. He seems more interested on the new characters introduced.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-18-2020 at 03:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Tim will be in Tamaki's 'Tec.
    But in general, if Damian gets ongoing, then Tim should also get it, in theory.

I for one am TOTALLY glad Tim is back as the ONLY Robin. It was and is his best moniker.

He needs an ongoing title, like maybe, Robin (Teen Wonder). Damian Wayne can go join the League of Asses, for all I care.

One thing though, what all is in the future for the Bat Family? Any "new" news (not talking about Future State CRAP) I mean do we have another reboot coming up or just status quo? Thanks ahead of time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Maybe Tim will be in Tamaki's 'Tec.
    But in general, if Damian gets ongoing, then Tim should also get it, in theory.
    Based on what? Is Tim in demand