Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 217
  1. #91
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Kinda wish Bendis wrote a story for Tim in this anniversary. Might as well use his rep to get more sales
    I don't know if his rep can bring in more sales but i guess as a keepsake or long term increased value his name might mean something.

    Dixon might be problematic but fans seem excited because he did write the best version of Tim. The Tim that fans have been missing and the one the that made them a fan. That desire for nostalgia might drive up sales.
    Bendis doesn't write Tim as well

  2. #92
    Incredible Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Kinda wish Bendis wrote a story for Tim in this anniversary. Might as well use his rep to get more sales
    At this point, I don't know if Bendis is a big sales driver. Superman books and YJ aren't exactly lighting it up.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, and Young Justice.
    My runs: Batman #260- and Detective #495-

  3. #93
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Spider-Clone is not bringing her up. (I agree that her story is done.)

    He's suggesting Tim take Secret as an alias. I think Tim would look mysterious with a fog theme.
    That's right. Tim in a trenchcoat ala The Question doing detective stuff and Spoiler as gis sidekick. Why the heck did Bendis name Tim after himself? The most dangerous bird? Lol

  4. #94
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I was re-reading some Red Robin issues and I have a pitch for a codename for Tim. Ready??

    Robin Red

    lol okay but

    1) Phonetically it flows better ending on the D sound, rather than having it in the middle. "Batman and Robin Red" rolls easier than "Batman and Red Robin." Or "Red Hood and Robin Red" sounds better than "Red Hood and Red Robin."

    2) The color works as a modifier better if it comes after Robin.... Robin Red, Robin Black, Robin Green, Robin Gold.... are either alternate codenames for Tim, or codenames for potentially other characters. Robin Black could be Damian... in my dream scenario, Robin Green is Stephanie, and Robin Gold is Duke, and the four of them work together as Robin. Between the four of them, there's always a Robin present, but it also allows for the kids to have time off.

    3) It's not the name of a restaurant

    4) It allows Tim to still be just "Robin" when there are no other Robins present, like in Young Justice. He's Robin Red when the modifier is necessary.

    5) Tim Drake was invented to prove the point that Robin could be anyone, it could be more than just one person. He should still be Robin, even if it's modified to allow for others.

  5. #95
    Fantastic Member Gotham citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    That's right. Tim in a trenchcoat ala The Question doing detective stuff and Spoiler as gis sidekick. Why the heck did Bendis name Tim after himself? The most dangerous bird? Lol
    Having read Bendis' X-men (and his tweets about the X-men fan's critics), I can say he is basically a troll who loves mocking his customers.
    Last edited by Gotham citizen; 01-30-2020 at 02:52 AM.

  6. #96
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I was re-reading some Red Robin issues and I have a pitch for a codename for Tim. Ready??

    Robin Red

    lol okay but

    1) Phonetically it flows better ending on the D sound, rather than having it in the middle. "Batman and Robin Red" rolls easier than "Batman and Red Robin." Or "Red Hood and Robin Red" sounds better than "Red Hood and Red Robin."

    2) The color works as a modifier better if it comes after Robin.... Robin Red, Robin Black, Robin Green, Robin Gold.... are either alternate codenames for Tim, or codenames for potentially other characters. Robin Black could be Damian... in my dream scenario, Robin Green is Stephanie, and Robin Gold is Duke, and the four of them work together as Robin. Between the four of them, there's always a Robin present, but it also allows for the kids to have time off.

    3) It's not the name of a restaurant

    4) It allows Tim to still be just "Robin" when there are no other Robins present, like in Young Justice. He's Robin Red when the modifier is necessary.

    5) Tim Drake was invented to prove the point that Robin could be anyone, it could be more than just one person. He should still be Robin, even if it's modified to allow for others.
    Sounds good to me.

    I think Drake is a done deal.

    His costume might get updated but...I think that's all.

  7. #97
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Why not just Red X while we're at it

  8. #98
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Drake is fine, it'll grow on you all in due time.

  9. #99
    Incredible Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Why not just Red X while we're at it
    I liked that one myself. That or Secret.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, and Young Justice.
    My runs: Batman #260- and Detective #495-

  10. #100
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Drake is fine, it'll grow on you all in due time.
    It's his surname. Not a great way of maintaining a secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #101
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Why not just Red X while we're at it
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I liked that one myself. That or Secret.
    I always thought Red X would be a great name for Grant Wilson.

  12. #102
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    The thing is Drake blows all those other names out the water. Robin Black, gold and co that's just what we had in Nightwing [and still have probably have]

    Red X is fine but also not for some reason. I just can't take it seriously plus it's already a different character created and and copyrighted by someone outside of the comics.

    Drake would have been perfect. It's miles better than Robin or Red Robin. It doesn't even matter than that's he's real name the writers just have to make it never matter.

    My issue with the name is that it's the name of his evil doppelganger that makes no sense

  13. #103
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The thing is Drake blows all those other names out the water. Robin Black, gold and co that's just what we had in Nightwing [and still have probably have]

    Red X is fine but also not for some reason. I just can't take it seriously plus it's already a different character created and and copyrighted by someone outside of the comics.

    Drake would have been perfect. It's miles better than Robin or Red Robin. It doesn't even matter than that's he's real name the writers just have to make it never matter.

    My issue with the name is that it's the name of his evil doppelganger that makes no sense
    And rather then the form of dragon, they blatantly went with the duck. Just call him Duck Boy and be done with it.

  14. #104
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    I kind of hate Drake because of how uninspired it actually feels, just like his new costume, which is yet another palette swap of a Nightwing aesthetic.

    At least if it were a draconian reference of some kind, it might work better.

    I still think Red Robin version 1.0 for him did the things it needed to to truly separate those period of his career and in his visual aesthetic. I still like the cowl better than a domino mask for a graduated Robin.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  15. #105
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's his surname. Not a great way of maintaining a secret identity.
    Regardless of that, you'll get used to it in time. As will everyone else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •