Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Kinda wish Bendis wrote a story for Tim in this anniversary. Might as well use his rep to get more sales
    I don't know if his rep can bring in more sales but i guess as a keepsake or long term increased value his name might mean something.

Dixon might be problematic but fans seem excited because he did write the best version of Tim. The Tim that fans have been missing and the one the that made them a fan. That desire for nostalgia might drive up sales.
    Bendis doesn't write Tim as well

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Kinda wish Bendis wrote a story for Tim in this anniversary. Might as well use his rep to get more sales
    At this point, I don't know if Bendis is a big sales driver. Superman books and YJ aren't exactly lighting it up.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Spider-Clone is not bringing her up. (I agree that her story is done.)

He's suggesting Tim take Secret as an alias. I think Tim would look mysterious with a fog theme.
    That's right. Tim in a trenchcoat ala The Question doing detective stuff and Spoiler as gis sidekick. Why the heck did Bendis name Tim after himself? The most dangerous bird? Lol

Incredible Member

I was re-reading some Red Robin issues and I have a pitch for a codename for Tim. Ready??

Robin Red

lol okay but

1) Phonetically it flows better ending on the D sound, rather than having it in the middle. "Batman and Robin Red" rolls easier than "Batman and Red Robin." Or "Red Hood and Robin Red" sounds better than "Red Hood and Red Robin."

2) The color works as a modifier better if it comes after Robin.... Robin Red, Robin Black, Robin Green, Robin Gold.... are either alternate codenames for Tim, or codenames for potentially other characters. Robin Black could be Damian... in my dream scenario, Robin Green is Stephanie, and Robin Gold is Duke, and the four of them work together as Robin. Between the four of them, there's always a Robin present, but it also allows for the kids to have time off.

3) It's not the name of a restaurant

4) It allows Tim to still be just "Robin" when there are no other Robins present, like in Young Justice. He's Robin Red when the modifier is necessary.

5) Tim Drake was invented to prove the point that Robin could be anyone, it could be more than just one person. He should still be Robin, even if it's modified to allow for others.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    That's right. Tim in a trenchcoat ala The Question doing detective stuff and Spoiler as gis sidekick. Why the heck did Bendis name Tim after himself? The most dangerous bird? Lol
    Having read Bendis' X-men (and his tweets about the X-men fan's critics), I can say he is basically a troll who loves mocking his customers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I was re-reading some Red Robin issues and I have a pitch for a codename for Tim. Ready??

Robin Red

lol okay but

1) Phonetically it flows better ending on the D sound, rather than having it in the middle. "Batman and Robin Red" rolls easier than "Batman and Red Robin." Or "Red Hood and Robin Red" sounds better than "Red Hood and Red Robin."

2) The color works as a modifier better if it comes after Robin.... Robin Red, Robin Black, Robin Green, Robin Gold.... are either alternate codenames for Tim, or codenames for potentially other characters. Robin Black could be Damian... in my dream scenario, Robin Green is Stephanie, and Robin Gold is Duke, and the four of them work together as Robin. Between the four of them, there's always a Robin present, but it also allows for the kids to have time off.

3) It's not the name of a restaurant

4) It allows Tim to still be just "Robin" when there are no other Robins present, like in Young Justice. He's Robin Red when the modifier is necessary.

5) Tim Drake was invented to prove the point that Robin could be anyone, it could be more than just one person. He should still be Robin, even if it's modified to allow for others.
    Sounds good to me.

I think Drake is a done deal.

His costume might get updated but...I think that's all.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Why not just Red X while we're at it

Drake is fine, it'll grow on you all in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I liked that one myself. That or Secret.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Drake is fine, it'll grow on you all in due time.
    It's his surname. Not a great way of maintaining a secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I liked that one myself. That or Secret.
    I always thought Red X would be a great name for Grant Wilson.

The thing is Drake blows all those other names out the water. Robin Black, gold and co that's just what we had in Nightwing [and still have probably have]

Red X is fine but also not for some reason. I just can't take it seriously plus it's already a different character created and and copyrighted by someone outside of the comics.

Drake would have been perfect. It's miles better than Robin or Red Robin. It doesn't even matter than that's he's real name the writers just have to make it never matter.

My issue with the name is that it's the name of his evil doppelganger that makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The thing is Drake blows all those other names out the water. Robin Black, gold and co that's just what we had in Nightwing [and still have probably have]

Red X is fine but also not for some reason. I just can't take it seriously plus it's already a different character created and and copyrighted by someone outside of the comics.

Drake would have been perfect. It's miles better than Robin or Red Robin. It doesn't even matter than that's he's real name the writers just have to make it never matter.

My issue with the name is that it's the name of his evil doppelganger that makes no sense
    And rather then the form of dragon, they blatantly went with the duck. Just call him Duck Boy and be done with it.

Extraordinary Member

I kind of hate Drake because of how uninspired it actually feels, just like his new costume, which is yet another palette swap of a Nightwing aesthetic.

At least if it were a draconian reference of some kind, it might work better.

I still think Red Robin version 1.0 for him did the things it needed to to truly separate those period of his career and in his visual aesthetic. I still like the cowl better than a domino mask for a graduated Robin.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's his surname. Not a great way of maintaining a secret identity.
    Regardless of that, you'll get used to it in time. As will everyone else.