Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back to being Red Robin again when he shows up in the Bat books. So far, the Drake identity doesn't look like it'll be sticking. Has it appeared in anything not by Bendis?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back to being Red Robin again when he shows up in the Bat books. So far, the Drake identity doesn't look like it'll be sticking. Has it appeared in anything not by Bendis?
    No.
    I get why it doesn't appear in king's batman since tim was lost and shouldn't have been there in the 1st place [bendis also ignores that tim was in city of Bane so both cancel each other out]
    JL he was RR I'm not sure when that story is set. Is that another one where Tim couldn't possibly have made it?
    We saw him in Superman as both RR and Drake.

Bendis shouldn't have been allowed to change his name if it wasn't going to be official. This is getting to meme level and Tim is at a standstill.

DC should be taking this more seriously. It's a big deal for the character and his fans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    No.
    I get why it doesn't appear in king's batman since tim was lost and shouldn't have been there in the 1st place [bendis also ignores that tim was in city of Bane so both cancel each other out]
    JL he was RR I'm not sure when that story is set. Is that another one where Tim couldn't possibly have made it?

Bendis shouldn't have been allowed to change his name if it wasn't going to be official. This is getting to meme level and Tim is at a standstill.

DC should be taking this more seriously. It's a big deal for the character and his fans.
    This is the problem right here. It seems that no one at DC has any concern for the actual characters or fans. It's just write whatever the hell you feel like, they will buy it anyway. No continuity, no direction, no thought at all.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is the problem right here. It seems that no one at DC has any concern for the actual characters or fans. It's just write whatever the hell you feel like, they will buy it anyway. No continuity, no direction, no thought at all.
    In general, it started with the thought that because the DC fandom is so big and diverse, it's impossible to satisfy everyone. Someone's gonna be angry with whatever you make. So it's best to just write what you think it's best instead of trying to satisfy fans.

That's how it began, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    No.
    The latest Justice League issue explains that. Bendis's stuff and Snyder's stuff don't take place in the same reality, and neither does Doomsday Clock: the issue ends with the team setting off to try and merge everything, which is probably what causes 5G. We can assume that King's Batman is yet another reality, as it contradicts both JL (Bruce in multiple places at the same time) and Bendis's books (due to Tim showing up, like you said).

Superman is by Bendis, so it makes sense that Tim appears as Drake there once YJ revealed the new costume. Any appearance of him as Red Robin since then in that title is an art error.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-02-2020 at 02:10 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

imgbin-robin-tim-drake-dick-grayson-damian-wayne-batman-tim-drake-eaKw9qMJs6ZzbV79CS35vWQMp.jpg

I've yet to read Tim's Red Robin series but I've heard good things.

Do I need to read the whole death of Bruce Wayne and that whole saga to really appreciate the series?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    imgbin-robin-tim-drake-dick-grayson-damian-wayne-batman-tim-drake-eaKw9qMJs6ZzbV79CS35vWQMp.jpg

I've yet to read Tim's Red Robin series but I've heard good things.

Do I need to read the whole death of Bruce Wayne and that whole saga to really appreciate the series?
    I wouldn’t say you have to... Yost’s first part of the run is pretty self-contained, all things considered, and the direct tie it does make to the Return of Bruce Wayne was largely brushed over by that book, if I remember correctly.

It *does* work well as a sequel to the last few issues of the Robin run by Nicieza, especially once Nicieza himself starts writing the latter half of the book, and you should definitely read Bryan Q. Miller’s Batgirl crossover issue... if not that whole series as well.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

Kinda Tomasi was writing the current YJ series. I know Gleason made the initial pitch but if that worked than Tomasi might've came along too.

I say Tomasi because I really liked the suit design for Savior. Just replace the mask with a domino mask like Tim's Uternet suit or NW's AK suit and it would've been a good ID for Tim.

Gleason created Teen Lantern, but the idea to bring back the team was Bendis's.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I wouldn’t say you have to... Yost’s first part of the run is pretty self-contained, all things considered, and the direct tie it does make to the Return of Bruce Wayne was largely brushed over by that book, if I remember correctly.

It *does* work well as a sequel to the last few issues of the Robin run by Nicieza, especially once Nicieza himself starts writing the latter half of the book, and you should definitely read Bryan Q. Miller’s Batgirl crossover issue... if not that whole series as well.
    Got it. Thanks.

I stopped reading after Dixon left at issue 100. I.plan on reading the brief run when he came back but maybe I'll check out the end of it as well since you recommended it.

Yeah I plan on checking out Stephanie's Batgirl series since I like her and heard good things about it.

Thanks again.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gleason created Teen Lantern, but the idea to bring back the team was Bendis's.
    Bendis stated in an early YJ interview that Bendis made a pitch for the team back in 2017 before Bendis joined DC. That's what made Bendis ask Gleason to come to YJ. If Gleason's pitch worked, I believe that Tomasi would've probably joined. Especially since that Super Sons of Tomorrow arc felt like a prelude for YJ's Rebirth intro.

Someone called HenryMulrooney wrote a concept synopsis for a Drake series.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ies_for_third/

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Classic stuff right there.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Classic stuff right there.
    Grummett is the definitive artist for both Tim and Superboy, in my book. I love his art.