Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Personally speaking, Jubilee is the only one of his sidekick that he treast like a daugther, his relation with the others was more akin to an uncle or a big brother figure. Maybe is just bias, because in my opinion, in spite the fact has a soft spot for children, i don't really think that he acts like a father most of the time, Amiko and Jubilee are the only ones that i can really count as his daugthers. Still i don't really have problem with him being seen as a father to the Kitty or Laura.

Also yeah, that #82 is still awesome, pantyhose Logan totally should be his new costume in the next X-Men game lol
    Yeah I agree about Jubilee and Amiko being the only ones Logan really see as daughters especially when you see how several writers put a lot of work in their relationship through the years and I hope we're going to seem them during the ongoing! I really miss Amiko, Yukio and Logan together.

Pantyhose Logan FTW
    Last edited by Hush; 02-08-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah I agree about Jubilee and Amiko being the only ones Logan really see as daughters especially when you see how several writers put a lot of work in their relationship through the years and I hope we're going to seem them during the ongoing! I really miss Amiko, Yukio and Logan together.

[img]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pdmczLB3NbI/VoJO9bDEDdI/AAAAAAAAJ9A/tZkplFAOClY/s1600-Ic42/RCO022.jpg[img]

Pantyhose Logan FTW
    Yes, I really miss them too!

I know for a lot of people Daken is hit and miss, especially because he makes Logan out to be a worse person for letting his life happen and tends to bring out the worst with him. But I love him to pieces, and I'm always hoping for a series where they make amends. I guess I'm just tired of seeing him paired with young girls and would like to see him with his son.

Rian can die in a fire though.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I know for a lot of people Daken is hit and miss, especially because he makes Logan out to be a worse person for letting his life happen and tends to bring out the worst with him. But I love him to pieces, and I'm always hoping for a series where they make amends. I guess I'm just tired of seeing him paired with young girls and would like to see him with his son.

I mean he does make Logan into a worse person, but not the reasons you state, Logan didn't knew that Daken inherited his healing factor and that he survived his mother's assasination, so in that particular case the blame befall 100% on Romulus. Plus once Logan find about him he did everything he could to mend things, Daken tried to kill him in response. The problem is more with the fact that his origin is really awfull and is conected to an even more awfull series.

Still i don't mind the idea of Logan spending more time with a son instead. Maybe the kid he has in Jungle Adventure.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Personally I don't hate him, and I'm not sure it's fair to say he makes logan out to be a worse person. When you read the Wolverine Origins series, you can see that as soon as Logan discovered that he had a son, he did everything in his power to help him but each time Daken spit on him, betrayed him, attacked him or tried to kill him. At first you can understand him since he believed that Logan was responsible for the death of his mother but even after he learned the truth and how Logan had nothing to do with Itsu's death he still acted like a jerk and tried to burn everything Logan built through the years.

Even after learning the truth, Daken still went with the Red Right Hand's plan and helped send Logan's soul to hell, even worse he was also the one who gathered Logan's children (so his half brothers and sisters) and convinced the Red Right Hand to use them against Logan knowing perfectly they would die against his father, just because he wanted to hurt him.

Even after several characters told Logan that Daken was basically beyond redemption, even when Cyclops told him to deal with him permanently Logan refused because he still believed he could save him. Even during Uncanny X-Force, Logan didn't intend to kill him originally, but he had to do it after his future self told him that if he let him live Daken would kill all the children at the school. Even during Uncanny Avengers, Logan was tortured for years by Daken before coming back in time, and even after being freed he still refused to kill him.

I mean come on, what he did to Logan is almost as worst as Sabretooth and despite all of that, Logan still tried to help him several times so I think it's not fair to say that Logan should make amends or that he brings the worst of him, yes Logan has regrets about what happened to Daken but it's not like it was his fault.

The biggest problem for me with this character is his origin and how his backstory is linked to some of the worst Wolverine stories ever written.

I mean he does make Logan into a worse person, but not the reasons you state, Logan didn't knew that Daken inherited his healing factor and that he survived his mother's assasination, so in that particular case the blame befall 100% on Romulus. Plus once Logan find about him he did everything he could to mend things, Daken tried to kill him in response. The problem is more with the fact that his origin is really awfull and is conected to an even more awfull series.

Still i don't mind the idea of Logan spending more time with a son instead. Maybe the kid he has in Jungle Adventure.
    I do wonder if a writer will use Erista one day, if that's the case though I do hope they won't give him the exact same powers as Logan, it would be just lazy at this point lol.

Personally I don't hate him, and I'm not sure it's fair to say he makes logan out to be a worse person. When you read the Wolverine Origins series, you can see that as soon as Logan discovered that he had a son, he did everything in his power to help him but each time Daken spit on him, betrayed him, attacked him or tried to kill him. At first you can understand him since he believed that Logan was responsible for the death of his mother but even after he learned the truth and how Logan had nothing to do with Itsu's death he still acted like a jerk and tried to burn everything Logan built through the years.

Even after learning the truth, Daken still went with the Red Right Hand's plan and helped send Logan's soul to hell, even worse he was also the one who gathered Logan's children (so his half brothers and sisters) and convinced the Red Right Hand to use them against Logan knowing perfectly they would die against his father, just because he wanted to hurt him.

Even after several characters told Logan that Daken was basically beyond redemption, even when Cyclops told him to deal with him permanently Logan refused because he still believed he could save him. Even during Uncanny X-Force, Logan didn't intend to kill him originally, but he had to do it after his future self told him that if he let him live Daken would kill all the children at the school. Even during Uncanny Avengers, Logan was tortured for years by Daken before coming back in time, and even after being freed he still refused to kill him.

I mean come on, what he did to Logan is almost as worst as Sabretooth and despite all of that, Logan still tried to help him several times so I think it's not fair to say that Logan should make amends or that he brings the worst of him, yes Logan has regrets about what happened to Daken but it's not like it was his fault.

The biggest problem for me with this character is his origin and how his backstory is linked to some of the worst Wolverine stories ever written.
    For real, Logan was too lenient with Daken, if anyone needs to make amends in that relation, is definetly not him.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I do wonder if a writer will use Erista one day, if that's the case though I do hope they won't give him the exact same powers as Logan, it would be just lazy at this point lol.
    I'm not holding my breath for that one, is very likely that not one at Marvel actually remembers him. Unless that Logan future writers are big fans of his story and want to use again, he would still be in limbo.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I'm not holding my breath for that one, is very likely that not one at Marvel actually remembers him. Unless that Logan future writers are big fans of his story and want to use again, he would still be in limbo.
    Yeah maybe someone will do what Morrison did with Damian one day lol. Thinking about it a story with both Wolverine and Colossus going to the Savage Land and meeting their sons could be fun. Let's also bring Kurt, I miss those three going on adventures together!

I admit I'm a big Daken fan so I tend to take his side on things. He was raised in a hellishly abusive manner designed to make him hate Logan to irrational levels, so him not getting over that easily makes sense. But at this point they've been over it enough that I want them to make up. I'm hoping he shows up in Percy's Wolverine series.

Not just him but his relatives, other X-men, just about anyone that psycho pervert thought Logan was in close proximity too lol

Although he gave me Punisher vs Daken, so i have no quarms about him coming back to fight the old fight again. Push it to 3-0 to Wolvie in their fights to the death lol

BANNED

This talk about Logan as a father figure and the recent announcement of iWolverine reminds me of this page from Marvel Comics 1001 by Larry Hama & Andrea Sorrentino:

The best
    He wears the hat like a true cowboy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Yes, time to lighten up!
    This was posted by Sin Nick back in 2017:
    Wolverine and Amiko (Wolverine Vol.2 #82)

Hell yeah Daddy Logan is going to show how to fight darlin'

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Thanks for the info Hush, this explains a lot. After I read those issues I thought this to be the tipping point for 'modern' Wolverine.
    You're welcome

Art from the upcoming Wolverine series by Adam Kubert (I guess it's from Wolverine #2):

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...44530800250882

Wolverine #1 Variant Cover by Mike Mayhew:

Source: https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...08353693933568

BANNED

Wolverine #1 Variant Cover by Mike Mayhew:

Source: https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...08353693933568
    Honestly, this looks kinda cringe.