Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Shame Hama only gets 2 issues, more interested in it than the X Force spin off.

Wolverine also appears in FF 23 and Runaways, although expect the latter to be a **** show like Black Cat, but pushed even further.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post

Wolverine also appears in FF 23 and Runaways, although expect the latter to be a **** show like Black Cat, but pushed even further.
    Not interested in any of the cameos especially with Kris Anka in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post

What is the X-Force spin off? Are you referring to the Wolverine solo title?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Wolverine: Creating Marvel's Legendary Mutant: Four Decades of Astonishing Comics Art

Explore over forty-five years of Wolverine with this deluxe comic art book, featuring exclusive content from the creators who have brought the ferocious character to life.

Since he first appeared in the pages of The Incredible Hulk #180 in 1974, Marvel Comics’ Wolverine has become one of the most popular super heroes of all time, stealing the hearts of millions with his gruff Canadian charm and no-nonsense attitude.

Now, for the first time ever, Wolverine: Creating Marvel's Legendary Mutant presents a comprehensive look at the the wild history of this savage mutant—diving deep into both the behind-the-scenes evolution of the character and showcasing the striking art of Wolverine comics. Highlighting iconic covers and stunning panel art in a deluxe format, this book also features exclusive interviews with legendary Marvel Comics creators. Covering everything from Wolverine’s iconic adamantium-plated claws to his integral history with X-Men, this exceptional volume offers fans the chance to discover their favorite Marvel hero in a whole new light, making it a must-have addition to any comic collector’s shelf.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Cre...DEADFEF405CC20

Can anyone recommend their favourite Wolverine issues or stories AFTER the original Old Man Logan issues (66-72).
    I'm looking for some exciting, great written modern stuff. OML is easy to pick out as the last 5* story and all the "best of" online lists, only rank stories written before this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Can anyone recommend their favourite Wolverine issues or stories AFTER the original Old Man Logan issues (66-72).
    I'm looking for some exciting, great written modern stuff. OML is easy to pick out as the last 5* story and all the "best of" online lists, only rank stories written before this.
    Read Sorrentino's run after the Secret Wars. It was a fairly decent and good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Read Sorrentino's run after the Secret Wars. It was a fairly decent and good run.
    Isn't this more Old Man Logan? I'm looking for Wolverine.

Isn't this more Old Man Logan? I'm looking for Wolverine.
    The first page of this thread had a pretty good list of the best and the worst of Wolverine, both in solos, teams, minis and guest apperances, made by Hush, check it out, it helped me a lot when i was looking for stuff with the characther.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That’s actually kinda hard because that’s an extremely short time period relatively speaking because Logan dies pretty shortly after OML. I would say if you want edgy go Frank Teiri’s run. A fave of mine. Oh and of course X-Force even though it isn’t a Wolverine solo.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 03-24-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks TheCape, it seems Jason Aaron is recommended? I did hate Schism & WatX but I might like the solo stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    That’s actually kinda hard because that’s an extremely short time period relatively speaking because Logan dies pretty shortly after OML. I would say if you want edgy go Frank Teiri’s run. A fave of mine. Oh and of course X-Force even though it isn’t a Wolverine solo.
    I mean, not really, OML was 2008, surely there must be some classic stories in the last 12 years.
    What issues did Frank Tieri do after OML?

Thanks TheCape, it seems Jason Aaron is recommended? I did hate Schism & WatX but I might like the solo stuff...

I mean, not really, OML was 2008, surely there must be some classic stories in the last 12 years.
    Aaron's Weapon X solo, his back up story from #73 and #74 and the team up with Spider-Man are great. The rest of it's solo run is mixed frankly. So he is hard one to recommend, overall, everything that he wrote about him before Wolverine Goes To Hell (vol 4 of Wolverine), is good. Everything after that is mixed or just downright bad.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Overall 2008 to 2014 wasn't a great period to be a Wolverine fan. The best that i can think for that period, is the Pre-Schism Aaron stuff, Remender's X-Force, the Wolverine&Herc mini by Tieri and his guest apperance in Duggan's Deadpool.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Savage Wolverine vol. 1 #6-8 by Zeb Wells & Joe Mad was pretty good came out in 2013.

Just read Wolverine #2. Definitely worth picking up! It's got Wolverine, gratuitous violence, and secret plots that require extra stabbing. What more could you want?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

His stuff predates OML I think it was then Millar enemy of the state (a great read) then OML. And yeah there are stories after it but like the Cape said they are mostly terrible or forgettable.