Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's hard to see Logan taking orders from Magneto or Cyclops because of how their personalities clash. Really, Steve Rogers is the only person I can see Logan being okay with taking orders from because Steve isn't the "boss people around, cut throat" type of leader.

He'll bump heads with Scott, Magneto, Cable. A lot.
    Logan would definitely clash with Rogers and has so in the past. I feel like Storm is the only person who can keep Logan to behave without much hassle.

Captain America is written wildly differently when he shows up in X books, so its hard to say. And when its just 'Cap good guy, Wolverine murder cynic guy' dynamic it feels like a repeat of early Scott

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Logan usually follows Scottīs or Storm lead in the X-books, the only time he had a problem with Scott was during the Utopia era after the Schism but before and after that he usually respects Cyclops experience as leader. I would say Logan is more easy going with Storm, then Scott and after them Steve.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Logan will follow when given an order he views as worth following. When he disagrees, however, he doesn’t follow so well. I think that pretty much sums him up. It’s highly situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Logan will follow when given an order he views as worth following. When he disagrees, however, he doesn’t follow so well. I think that pretty much sums him up. It’s highly situational.
    Yeah, that's pretty much how he works.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah that's Logan for sure.

I love that about him.

That's a good way to put it, but that's also part of my problem with the current stuff. He's been ordered to do stuff that he either should have spoken up more about or when he complained he still did what they wanted anyway. It just makes him look childish

I decided to spend the last couple of days reading Wolverine Origins, written by Daniel Way and drawn by many pencilers, plus Wolverine: Evolution and Sabretooth Reborn, by Loeb and Bianchi. Visually, they go from good to great, depending on the story; the writing is ... good when it's in its best, some of the poorest writing I've ever read at its worst. I don't know why I hate myself so much to read those comicbooks again, maybe I needed a dip in quality after spending weeks reading again Claremont's first years as writer of Uncanny X-Men

Would you like the Romulus stuff to be retconned, left alone or do you liked it enough to have more stories with the villain referencing his backstory with Logan?
    Last edited by Chubistian; 10-17-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

you can say that about pretty much anything Daniel Way has written for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Would you like the Romulus stuff to be retconned, left alone or do you liked it enough to have more stories with the villain referencing his backstory with Logan?
    Throw it in the bin. Retcon it in some off the cuff way seeing as it hasn't impacted him enough outside of the storyline to warrant a whole new storyline for it. I also feel this is how Azazel should be recommend out of Kurt'a parentage.

Well, I got injured the other day, and that's why I haven't been here

I'm gonna start catchin' up today

Astonishing Member

You could swap Romulus out with random Japanese gangsters. Or have a family moment where the entire wolverine clan kills him

Some stuff from blood
    20201018_085150.jpg
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 10-18-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Throw it in the bin. Retcon it in some off the cuff way seeing as it hasn't impacted him enough outside of the storyline to warrant a whole new storyline for it. I also feel this is how Azazel should be recommend out of Kurt'a parentage.
    Burn it with fire. That series was awful dropped it after issue seven and even though I could read for free now I can’t motivate myself to do so. And I’m a HUGE Wolverine fan. That says a lot about it’s quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I decided to spend the last couple of days reading Wolverine Origins, written by Daniel Way and drawn by many pencilers, plus Wolverine: Evolution and Sabretooth Reborn, by Loeb and Bianchi. Visually, they go from good to great, depending on the story; the writing is ... good when it's in its best, some of the poorest writing I've ever read at its worst. I don't know why I hate myself so much to read those comicbooks again, maybe I needed a dip in quality after spending weeks reading again Claremont's first years as writer of Uncanny X-Men

Yes i would like it to be retconned, is awfull, like most of Way's run, to this day i can't believe that they choose him to reveal Wolverine's past.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yes i would like it to be retconned, is awfull, like most of Way's run, to this day i can't believe that they choose him to reveal Wolverine's past.
    I'll say it again just add generic Japan's gangsters instead of Romulus or some ballsy writer some how make Romulus a competent threat