Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1069

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I honestly don't know why Marvel hasn't jumped on doing a "Howelett Family Reunion" story.
    I actually had a thought similar to this a few days ago. I thought it would be cool to have a Wolverine family book called The Wolverines (similar to that storyline in Laura's ongoing). It would feature Gabby, Daken, Laura, and Logan. Unfortunately, I think Marvel has shot itself in the foot by giving all these characters a very similar power set. Only so far a team of stabby heroes can go I think. Having said that, I hope Percy focusses on Logan's relationship with his family going forward. Krakoa gives us such a good outlet for that. That game of claw roulette was a great tease.

BANNED

A team book of Wolverines can only go so far as Wolverines that has already been made. Having similar powerset of characters is becoming oversaturated for Logan. Better having something similar to Spider-verse.

That's what I'm saying, they've shot themselves in the foot with the similar powersets. Still interesting family dynamics though. I'd much rather have that explored than universal Wolverines. I personally have always found that a bit boring (although done well in the spider verse movie)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I actually had a thought similar to this a few days ago. I thought it would be cool to have a Wolverine family book called The Wolverines (similar to that storyline in Laura's ongoing). It would feature Gabby, Daken, Laura, and Logan. Unfortunately, I think Marvel has shot itself in the foot by giving all these characters a very similar power set. Only so far a team of stabby heroes can go I think. Having said that, I hope Percy focusses on Logan's relationship with his family going forward. Krakoa gives us such a good outlet for that. That game of claw roulette was a great tease.
    Not really how they fight with their claws and personality would carry the book. It would have to be dialog heavy and a writer who understands theier personality are different and they act different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Not really how they fight with their claws and personality would carry the book. It would have to be dialog heavy and a writer who understands theier personality are different and they act different.
    Agreed. And they’d have to fight ridiculous threats capable of inflicting lots of damage. I’d suggest they use other ordinance besides their claws to make it interesting. Basically, they’d be like a team of special forces operators who have built in blades for close quarters combat (CQC) and healing powers. Could be cool if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    A team book of Wolverines can only go so far as Wolverines that has already been made. Having similar powerset of characters is becoming oversaturated for Logan. Better having something similar to Spider-verse.
    Agreed. I honestly loath all the Wolverine legacy characters. It’s just so redundant. In my opinion characters with Wolverine’s power set should have stopped at Sabertooth. And it’s infuriating that basically only Wolverine has to deal with seventy five characters just like him. I know Cap has US agent and Spidey has multiple iteration so maybe spidey and Wolverine have this problem. But there aren’t twenty optic blast up tight Boy Scout running around. Or fifty illegitimate Kitty Pride kids. Ok end of rant. Laura alright too when being written properly.

I just don't think it has a lot of longevity for an on going or anything, maybe could work as a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agreed. I honestly loath all the Wolverine legacy characters. It’s just so redundant. In my opinion characters with Wolverine’s power set should have stopped at Sabertooth. And it’s infuriating that basically only Wolverine has to deal with seventy five characters just like him. I know Cap has US agent and Spidey has multiple iteration so maybe spidey and Wolverine have this problem. But there aren’t twenty optic blast up tight Boy Scout running around. Or fifty illegitimate Kitty Pride kids. Ok end of rant. Laura alright too when being written properly.
    I definitely agree about villains - we don't need so many clawed, regenerative mutants with animal senses, it dilutes the brand imo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. And they’d have to fight ridiculous threats capable of inflicting lots of damage. I’d suggest they use other ordinance besides their claws to make it interesting. Basically, they’d be like a team of special forces operators who have built in blades for close quarters combat (CQC) and healing powers. Could be cool if done right.
    Argreed as for damage thats mainly logan. None of his kids have adamantium skelingtons making them resistant to 99.99999999% damage. The kids can be dropped by regular bullets. And thats somting I hope is brought up more, un like logan they can be overwhelm. Really think they should lower everyone healing factors powers, specially logans. I feel like creating a situation where he can accualy be damaged is to hard without a maguffen involved. Bring them all down to upper tier steeet levels heros.

Argreed as for damage thats mainly logan. None of his kids have adamantium skelingtons making them resistant to 99.99999999% damage. The kids can be dropped by regular bullets. And thats somting I hope is brought up more, un like logan they can be overwhelm. Really think they should lower everyone healing factors powers, specially logans. I feel like creating a situation where he can accualy be damaged is to hard without a maguffen involved. Bring them all down to upper tier steeet levels heros.
    I like the power creep on Logan’s healing factor. The scene of his skeleton crawling out of the hell fire in the last issue of Wolverine (or was it X-Force) was bad ass. Granted that happened in hell so whatever is “normal” doesn’t apply. Still made for awesome visuals.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I like the power creep on Logan’s healing factor. The scene of his skeleton crawling out of the hell fire in the last issue of Wolverine (or was it X-Force) was bad ass. Granted that happened in hell so whatever is “normal” doesn’t apply. Still made for awesome visuals.
    See, I didn’t like it. I actually preferred when his healing factor was slowed down by his adamantium and Sabretooth’s or Laura’s worked faster. Being able to come back from being burned down to a skeleton is just a bit much to me. Makes him more like Deadpool, in that he’s unkillable. Which I honestly find boring and lending itself to ridiculousness more than badassness. But, again, just my opinion. I’m an 80s Wolverine guy who loved when it took him days and sometimes even weeks to fully recover from mortal injuries. Sure, he could get back in the fight, but the after effects and pain lingered for awhile. And the greater the cumulative damage the longer it took for him to recover. His healing factor could get overwhelmed.

Having said all that, I don’t view what happened in the Hell dimension in the last issue of Wolverine (or X-Force) as having been literal. After all, you’re in another dimension where magic is involved and your mind may view things differently than they actually happen. So I see it as he got burned up pretty bad, but all his flesh and tissue didn’t slough off his body leaving him nothing but a skeleton in actuality. There was still enough meat on the bones for him to regenerate. In other words, how he perceived it and even how we perceived it as readers was more psychological manipulation than anything. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Ha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Seeing how other legacy or clawed characters being more grounded for the last two decades has limited Logan and made him outlier inadvertently. Pretty much any popular character like Spider-Man and Batman have similar problem. Batman with prep, Spider armor suit etc etc

All of these characters have being diluted at least for Spidey(Slott) or Wolverine(Way)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    See, I didn’t like it. I actually preferred when his healing factor was slowed down by his adamantium and Sabretooth’s or Laura’s worked faster. Being able to come back from being burned down to a skeleton is just a bit much to me.
    I am not sure but healing factor hasn't slowed him down with adamantium. It actually made him slower(literary) than bone claw. It's adamantium poisoning that slowed his healing factor.
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-20-2020 at 10:10 AM.

That’s what I meant. The toxic nature of the adamantium in his body slowed his healing factor.

Astonishing Member

It should be the faster they heal the less durable (creed being the only exception to the rule) so from fastest healing to slowest gabby(presty much making her a cartoon/comedy character), Laura, daken, logan. With durability being the same list in reverse.