Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That's true about Dillon especially when you also look at his work on Hellblazer but I dunno something always felt off with his style during this series or whenever he penciled superheroes wearing their costume for me, I'm not sure how to explain it but his Wolverine didn't look like Wolverine for me but more like someone cosplaying Wolverine, same thing with Captain America, Bucky, Omega red or Cyber. I'm not sure why lol.

That's why I think his style worked well on Preacher, Punisher or Hellblazer there was almost no superheroes during those runs lol (except during the Punisher series when Daredevil and Spider-man appeared in costume).

I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not a big fan of most of the X-Men comics post House of M, so I lost interest in the franchise before Disney bought Marvel but yeah after the buyout, the quality of the X-Men comics suffered a lot. Messiah Complex was good (although I don't like what they did to Bishop which is why I'm not a fan of Messiah War), I like Carey's adjectiveless X-Men run (not a fan of Ramos' art though), his legacy run was mostly good too except for that horrible Original Sin crossover he did with Way.

I think my favorite X-Men era are the 80s/early 90s and the early 00s before House of M.
    Lol, Sometimes they all look the same . But Honestly, I enjoyed it given Logan looks much more matured to me with his style that doesn't happen so often.

Most of Brubaker's run was hit and miss for me but I enjoyed his run especially during Messiah Complex. Kyle/Yost's X-Force is pretty much my favorite comic during those times therefore I loved Messiah War regardless of what they did to Bishop and I didn't care much for him either.
    But most of all Vulcan was the most(and only) interesting part of Deadly Genesis. During those times cosmic comics were just awesome to read in my opinion. They were some cool m X-Men minis like Kingbreaker or Emperor Vulcan and then there is DnA's GOTG. Honestly, I have recently started Carey's run but I am not a big fan Marauders of that team book.

'80s are really good and probably my favorite era of X-Men. I loved Uncanny X-Men and it's just that most of the uncanny x-men's run feature Wolverine as center character and that makes it more enticing. I haven't read much of the '90s and the only run I had finished from '90s was Wolverine but yeah the early 00s were solid especially Morrison's New X-Men. I think that was my favorite run of X-Men from the 2000s and Wolverine and Jean were actually good in New X-Men. I for one think that Morrison wrote the best Phoenix Jean among the minority. I also heard Claremont's Xtreme X-Men was pretty cool too.

Larry Hama & Roland Boschi bring Albert & Elsie-Dee back to Madripoor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Marvel in the year 2020 marches on! In the wake of Arno Stark's crusade against A.I.s, no robot is safe. Fearing of Elsie-Dee's safety in these tumultuous times, Albert, the robot Wolverine, goes to Madripoor to find her… but what he finds is a fight against Madripoor's criminal underbelly instead! IWOLVERINE 2020 #1, written by Marvel legend Larry Hama with art by Roland Boschi, will hit comic shops this May!

Hama shared his excitement over penning a new story for Albert and Elsie-Dee, characters he co-created with Marc Silvestri, with CBR.com: "I'm super amped to be returning to two of my favorite supporting characters from my '90s WOLVERINE run. Elsie-Dee and Albert started out as an odd, Bizarro version of Wolvie and Jube, but they quickly developed lives of their own, and their dialog was gosh-darn fun to write. Exhilarating to be able to dip into this particular font again, and I'm having a blast."

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=81947902

Go Albert, destroy those damn Reavers
    Last edited by Hush; 02-07-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Lol, Sometimes they all look the same . But Honestly, I enjoyed it given Logan looks much more matured to me with his style that doesn't happen so often.
    That's true maybe that's why I had a problem with his art during this run

Most of Brubaker's run was hit and miss for me but I enjoyed his run especially during Messiah Complex. Kyle/Yost's X-Force is pretty much my favorite comic during those times therefore I loved Messiah War regardless of what they did to Bishop and I didn't care much for him either.
    But most of all Vulcan was the most(and only) interesting part of Deadly Genesis. During those times cosmic comics were just awesome to read in my opinion. They were some cool m X-Men minis like Kingbreaker or Emperor Vulcan and then there is DnA's GOTG. Honestly, I have recently started Carey's run but I am not a big fan Marauders of that team book.
    I agree about the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe at the time, I remember when Starlin came back to write Thanos during Infinity Abyss/Marvel The End/Epiphany I was already happy but damn the whole Annihilation/Conquest/War of Kings/Realm of Kings/Thanos Imperative saga and DnA's GOTG & Nova were just amazing!!!!! Even though I didn't like Deadly Genesis, I agree that at least Vulcan was used in a good way during War of Kings.

Thinking about it but during that era we've got this fantastic cosmic saga, Bendis & Brubaker's Daredevil, Brubaker's Captain America, Brubaker & Fraction's Iron Fist, Ellis' Thunderbolts, Rucka's Punisher, Ennis' Punisher Max, Pak's Hulk, Straczynski's Thor, Knauf's Iron Man and Hickman's Secret Warriors & FF that's crazy!
    No wonder I lost interest in the X-Men franchise at the time

'80s are really good and probably my favorite era of X-Men. I loved Uncanny X-Men and it's just that most of the uncanny x-men's run feature Wolverine as center character and that makes it more enticing. I haven't read much of the '90s and the only run I had finished from '90s was Wolverine but yeah the early 00s were solid especially Morrison's New X-Men. I think that was my favorite run of X-Men from the 2000s and Wolverine and Jean were actually good in New X-Men. I for one think that Morrison wrote the best Phoenix Jean among the minority. I also heard Claremont's Xtreme X-Men was pretty cool too.
    80s is really the best era (except the early issues of X-Factor, I'm not a fan)! When it comes to the early 90s after Claremont left the franchise, I like the spinoff books such as Davis' Excalibur, David's X-Factor and Hama's Wolverine much more than Uncanny X-Men/X-Men books. I love the Age of Apocalypse crossover though.

Late 90s, there is that great Cable's run by Casey/Ladronn, Ellis' Wolverine, Skroce's Wolverine, Kelly's Deadpool, Moore's X-Force, Kelly's X-Men, Nicieza's Gambit and I'm sure I'm forgetting something lol, so there is still some good stuff!

00s during the Morrison era was just amazing too with Morrison's New X-Men (obviously lol), Winick & Bedard's Exiles, Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix, Tishman/Macan's Cable/Soldier X, Simone's Deadpool/Agent X, Millar's Ultimate X-Men, Tieri's Wolverine & Weapon X and Rucka's Wolverine.

Even after Morrison left we've got Millar's Wolverine, Nicieza's Cable & Deadpool, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and many more before House of M, lot of good stuff!

I like Morrison's Jean but yeah I can see why the fans of the character dislike the run especially after what happened with the love triangle and how she stayed dead for a long time afterwards. I enjoyed X-Treme X-Men at first, especially when Larroca was on art duties but that horrendous God Loves, Man Kills II story just killed the book for me.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-07-2020 at 03:43 PM.

BANNED

Larry Hama & Roland Boschi bring Albert & Elsie-Dee back to Madripoor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Marvel in the year 2020 marches on! In the wake of Arno Stark's crusade against A.I.s, no robot is safe. Fearing of Elsie-Dee's safety in these tumultuous times, Albert, the robot Wolverine, goes to Madripoor to find her… but what he finds is a fight against Madripoor's criminal underbelly instead! IWOLVERINE 2020 #1, written by Marvel legend Larry Hama with art by Roland Boschi, will hit comic shops this May!

Hama shared his excitement over penning a new story for Albert and Elsie-Dee, characters he co-created with Marc Silvestri, with CBR.com: "I'm super amped to be returning to two of my favorite supporting characters from my '90s WOLVERINE run. Elsie-Dee and Albert started out as an odd, Bizarro version of Wolvie and Jube, but they quickly developed lives of their own, and their dialog was gosh-darn fun to write. Exhilarating to be able to dip into this particular font again, and I'm having a blast."

It seems cool but I hope I hope this actually crossovers with Wolverine. Not sure Elsie Dee will be appearing. It just says Albert is trying to find her.

What kind of Wolverine stories do you guys all like? In my experience there are 2 camps: fans who like Wolverine with the X-men and fans who like him on his own doing his own thing.

Spectacular Member

Does it bother yall that artists can't decide where Wolverine's claws pop from?

BANNED

That's true maybe that's why I had a problem with his art during this run

I agree about the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe at the time, I remember when Starlin came back to write Thanos during Infinity Abyss/Marvel The End/Epiphany I was already happy but damn the whole Annihilation/Conquest/War of Kings/Realm of Kings/Thanos Imperative saga and DnA's GOTG & Nova were just amazing!!!!! Even though I didn't like Deadly Genesis, I agree that at least Vulcan was used in a good way during War of Kings.

Thinking about it but during that era we've got this fantastic cosmic saga, Bendis & Brubaker's Daredevil, Brubaker's Captain America, Brubaker & Fraction's Iron Fist, Ellis' Thunderbolts, Rucka's Punisher, Ennis' Punisher Max, Pak's Hulk, Straczynski's Thor, Knauf's Iron Man and Hickman's Secret Warriors & FF that's crazy!
    No wonder I lost interest in the X-Men franchise at the time

80s is really the best era (except the early issues of X-Factor, I'm not a fan)! When it comes to the early 90s after Claremont left the franchise, I like the spinoff books such as Davis' Excalibur, David's X-Factor and Hama's Wolverine much more than Uncanny X-Men/X-Men books. I love the Age of Apocalypse crossover though.

Late 90s, there is that great Cable's run by Casey/Ladronn, Ellis' Wolverine, Skroce's Wolverine, Kelly's Deadpool, Moore's X-Force, Kelly's X-Men, Nicieza's Gambit and I'm sure I'm forgetting something lol, so there is still some good stuff!

00s during the Morrison era was just amazing too with Morrison's New X-Men (obviously lol), Winick & Bedard's Exiles, Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix, Tishman/Macan's Cable/Soldier X, Simone's Deadpool/Agent X, Millar's Ultimate X-Men, Tieri's Wolverine & Weapon X and Rucka's Wolverine.

Even after Morrison left we've got Millar's Wolverine, Nicieza's Cable & Deadpool, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and many more before House of M, lot of good stuff!

I like Morrison's Jean but yeah I can see why the fans of the character dislike the run especially after what happened with the love triangle and how she stayed dead for a long time afterwards. I enjoyed X-Treme X-Men at first, especially when Larroca was on art duties but that horrendous God Loves, Man Kills II story just killed the book for me.
    Yeah, Marvel has got a lot in their bag going on with JMS's Thor or Fraction's IM. But I was mostly interested in Annihilation and War of Kings. X-Men was hugely influenced during the War of Kings. Honestly, Inhumans and X-Men should have been connected like that during IvX rather then trying another generic X-Men event like AvX where X-Men were thrashed

Haven't read Peter David's X-Factor. Heard it was pretty good but didn't this happened during the 2000s? I guess you were referring to David's Hulk and how Hama/David wrote Fixit and Logan in Wolverine. I have collected that single physical issue. I loved that book. Hama is genuine Wolverine writer No Kidding.

90's were pretty much only Wolverine and X-Force for me. I loved Nicieza's X-Force but I felt cringe when I saw Liefield lol. I am not a fan of his comics and his short run with Wolverine was generic( Logan can't even cut through some guy with his claws ugh). Wolverine was all over the place for me. That is when I came up with Yu and Ellis. They both are really cool creators. Tieri is my favorite modern writer.

Morrison's New X-Men was just really fine read. I mean it has too many strong moments for Jean and Logan. I thought he wrote their friendship at it's peak. I read the first
    the first volume of Exiles a long time ago and I can still say it was good. I loved Blink and IIRC it also went back to Sh'ir and Phoenix moment during DPS saga. It was fun read for me.

House of M destroyed most of the x-characters especially Logan and that's one of the reasons I hate Bendis even more than Way. This guy wrote worst Wolverine and Ultimate Wolverine even more than Way. Bendis made Logan killed a child for godsakes

I like Jean a lot and Morrison was the main reason why I got into this character even more. I mean he is the only guy that tried to Phoenix Jean. I think most love triangle issue was editorial mandates from Quesada. I don't like him honestly. He did so many retcons and destroyed so many relationships and characters during those times.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-07-2020 at 06:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What kind of Wolverine stories do you guys all like? In my experience there are 2 camps: fans who like Wolverine with the X-men and fans who like him on his own doing his own thing.
    I like both but wasn't a fan of everything that crossover with Wolverine after House of M. I find them generic and most of them felt like he was just standing. As for Wolverine and the X-Men. I lost interest in that after Disney took over in 2009's(except for Uncanny X-Force). Still, I like him on X-Force and X-Men.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-07-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Marvel needs to convince these guys to do ongoings again, always one or two issues now and then. Also have a feeling they'll age up Elsie.

And i can't tell how many times they've brought back bonecrusher lol, i think he dies every year lol
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 02-07-2020 at 05:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Marvel needs to convince these guys to do ongoings again, always one or two issues now and then. Also have a feeling they'll age up Elsie.

And i can't tell how many times they've brought back bonecrusher lol, i think he dies every year lol
    You mean Crossbones or Albert?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Does it bother yall that artists can't decide where Wolverine's claws pop from?
    They're supposed to pop out the back of his hand not between his knuckles. Every time a artist draws it correctly I'm pleased. Just like when they actually draw him shorter than most characters like he is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    They're supposed to pop out the back of his hand not between his knuckles. Every time a artist draws it correctly I'm pleased. Just like when they actually draw him shorter than most characters like he is supposed to be.
    Agreed. Never understood why this change was implemented. Just stick with "pops out the back of his hands", and I'll be satisfied.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-07-2020 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Honestly, I find it depends?

I LOVED Wolverine and the X-men by Aaron because it seemed to a hit an interesting note; it wasn’t afraid to showcase Logan’s more protective, date I say paternal, side while at the same time playing up his combative nature. I say that because, up ‘till that point, I really did prefer his solo’s to him on a team—but now I’m thinking it’s more to do with what kind of chemistry he keeps with other characters?

Like, his appearances with Gambit and Jubilee on the original X-23 run was honestly nearly perfect for me; I just loved everything about that little group! But at the same time, I love some of his quieter and more introspective tales when it’s literally just him and the occasional stranger.

So...? Tough call, really?

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    You mean Crossbones or Albert?
    Lol i meant bonecrusher

I'm a sucker for 'dad Wolverine' or friend to children Wolverine. I actually really liked him around Schism and Wolverine and the X-men. I generally like him more when he's on his own or with other teams, because I like him when he's more introspective and trying to be a better person. He has a long history and often feels guilty for all of the people he's killed, and seeing trying to do better is interesting. But when he's with the X-men, he's usually just their gruff, curmudgeonly attack dog. When he's just a berserker brute I check out. That feels kind of....immature, I think? He has better chemistry with smaller groups.

I read some of Schism earlier today, and seeing him freak out about sending kids to fight Sentinels compared to his 'we're all soldiers' mentality I've seen of him recently gives me whiplash.