Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Subtle it ain’t.
    My favourite it is.

Logan’s a big boy, he can look after himself.
    Kurt grew up in a tiny caravan and had to share changing rooms with other circus performers, body modesty is probably zero.

And Wolverine fans are, for the most part, surprisingly chill about Logurt fans gentle teasing. We love the big guy too.
    We like their friendship and Kurt is a pretty fun characther, they are true bros, so must of us don't mind the jokes. I personally never saw their relationship as something romantic, but shipping is not about what is canon or not, so enjoy it as much as you want. And hey, if they decide to make Logan bi (as Claremont apparently intended) Kurt is definetly the better choice (nothing againts Cyclops, but i take Nightcrawler over him any day, regarding that).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Subtle it ain’t.
    My favourite it is.

Logan’s a big boy, he can look after himself.
    Kurt grew up in a tiny caravan and had to share changing rooms with other circus performers, body modesty is probably zero.

And Wolverine fans are, for the most part, surprisingly chill about Logurt fans gentle teasing. We love the big guy too.
    lol we bring up the cover every now and then to joke about how it slipped into print, not because of how chill we are with it as we know that the friendship Marvel built up for 40 years running with them is absolute than the context on a cover from twenty years ago, it would be pointless trying to argue the latter.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    They do that because they are good friends and there are few friendships out there in MU that as strong as them. Not some homosexual fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We like their friendship and Kurt is a pretty fun characther, they are true bros, so must of us don't mind the jokes. I personally never saw their relationship as something romantic, but shipping is not about what is canon or not, so enjoy it as much as you want. And hey, if they decide to make Logan bi (as Claremont apparently intended) Kurt is definetly the better choice (nothing againts Cyclops, but i take Nightcrawler over him any day, regarding that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    lol we bring up the cover every now and then to joke about how it slipped into print, not because of how chill we are with it as we know that the friendship Marvel built up for 40 years running with them is absolute than the context on a cover from twenty years ago, it would be pointless trying to argue the latter.

I may have written 40 plus slash fics about them but their 40+ year friendship is more precious to me than anything else.

I’d take a good solid friendship scene between the two of them over the nudge nudge, wink, wink innuendo going on the moment.
    As you say, real friends in comics are rare.

Wolverine 2 Vartiant cover by In-Hyuk Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Wolverine 2 Vartiant cover by In-Hyuk Lee
    His head looks too small for his body (sorry, pro artist here). Can’t make out the body in the foreground, the empty scabbard is clear, but can’t make out how it’s attached to a person?

His head looks too small for his body (sorry, pro artist here). Can’t make out the body in the foreground, the empty scabbard is clear, but can’t make out how it’s attached to a person?
    I’m pretty sure that’s Deadpool lifting himself off the ground with a scabbard on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I’m pretty sure that’s Deadpool lifting himself off the ground with a scabbard on his back.
    Yeah, can sort of see that. If I squint...

BANNED

https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...063105/photo/1

Repost
    Weapon X #1(1995) cover by Adam Kubert

Wolverine #1 is the best seller for February and it was $7.99

TOP COMIC BOOKS (by units) PRICE PUBLISHER
    1 Wolverine #1 $7.99 Marvel
    2 X-Men #6 $3.99 Marvel
    3 X-Men #7 $4.99 Marvel
    4 Gwen Stacy #1 $4.99 Marvel
    5 Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 $4.99 Marvel
    6 Amazing Spider-Man #39 $3.99 Marvel
    7 Star Wars: Darth Vader #1 $4.99 Marvel
    8 Batman #88 $3.99 DC
    9 X-Men/Fantastic Four #1 $4.99 Marvel
    10 Batman #89 $3.99 DC

My congrats!

I'm glad that Wolverine sold so well. I always hear something about variant covers playing a big part in it.

And let us have our fun with the gay ships. In universe Logan has always been 100% straight, I can't even think of any jokes saying otherwise. From me its coming from annoyance at the juvenile jokes in X-men between him and Scott, which is probably the most unnatural relationship he could have ever had. I bring up Kurt because that could at least make some vague narrative sense. His friendship with Kurt is probably his healthiest and most positive relationship he's ever had, even more so than some of his actual love interests.

Yay!!! Wolverine#1 tops the charts. I loved the issue. It was really well done. Along with X-Men #6 which was Mystique. I have always admired Mystique. Logan is obv my fave. Hope we get to see more of Jean in #2.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm glad that Wolverine sold so well. I always hear something about variant covers playing a big part in it.

And let us have our fun with the gay ships. In universe Logan has always been 100% straight, I can't even think of any jokes saying otherwise. From me its coming from annoyance at the juvenile jokes in X-men between him and Scott, which is probably the most unnatural relationship he could have ever had. I bring up Kurt because that could at least make some vague narrative sense. His friendship with Kurt is probably his healthiest and most positive relationship he's ever had, even more so than some of his actual love interests.
    Claremont wanted a Bi Logan, but not even the subtext we got on it.

I like male friendships that are deep, they can talk their feelings out, it is good to combat toxic masculity. I know that there is a lack of gay characters and romance, but it's not good make every same sex relationship a romantic ship (specially when chaaracters are 100% straight). It just defeats its purpose of showing that straight men can also be affectionate with men and there isn't a problem.

I'm also annoyed at the dumb joke for Logan/Scott. I know it is pure clickbait and twitter pleasing, bt people get pissed when I say it won't happen LOL
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-13-2020 at 08:37 PM.

BANNED

The best male mutant (sorry Beast, Magneto, Chuck, Gambit) rises to the top. Well done, Maestro Percy.

I am glad, Wolverine #1 did well.

Wolverine #2:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...445057/photo/1