Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What kind of Wolverine stories do you guys all like? In my experience there are 2 camps: fans who like Wolverine with the X-men and fans who like him on his own doing his own thing.
    I like both solo and team stories with Wolverine. Stuff like Uncanny X-Force and Millar's Ultimate X-Men are my favorite version of Wolverine. For solo's BWS Weapon X is probably my favorite but I also really enjoy Enemy of the State and Aaron's run on the solo. I'm less interested in the Wolverine as a father figure stuff, but I still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Does it bother yall that artists can't decide where Wolverine's claws pop from?
    I honestly don't care but if push comes to shove I prefer between the knuckles, it looks more natural to me. At the very least back of the hand right above the knuckles.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I like both solo and team stories with Wolverine. Stuff like Uncanny X-Force and Millar's Ultimate X-Men are my favorite version of Wolverine. For solo's BWS Weapon X is probably my favorite but I also really enjoy Enemy of the State and Aaron's run on the solo. I'm less interested in the Wolverine as a father figure stuff, but I still enjoy it.

I honestly don't care but if push comes to shove I prefer between the knuckles, it looks more natural to me. At the very least back of the hand right above the knuckles.
    Agreed. I think between the knuckles just LOOKS more believable, as it's easy to imagine the bones of his hands and wrist developing channels for them to pass through. This would also lock his wrist and provide more stability when using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I remember that little story about Spider-Man & Wolverine that he wrote way back in 2009:

He's not wrong saying that, lol. Sorry, for not responding sooner.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/s...75111337574400

Larry Hama & Roland Boschi bring Albert & Elsie-Dee back to Madripoor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Marvel in the year 2020 marches on! In the wake of Arno Stark's crusade against A.I.s, no robot is safe. Fearing of Elsie-Dee's safety in these tumultuous times, Albert, the robot Wolverine, goes to Madripoor to find her… but what he finds is a fight against Madripoor's criminal underbelly instead! IWOLVERINE 2020 #1, written by Marvel legend Larry Hama with art by Roland Boschi, will hit comic shops this May!

Hama shared his excitement over penning a new story for Albert and Elsie-Dee, characters he co-created with Marc Silvestri, with CBR.com: "I'm super amped to be returning to two of my favorite supporting characters from my '90s WOLVERINE run. Elsie-Dee and Albert started out as an odd, Bizarro version of Wolvie and Jube, but they quickly developed lives of their own, and their dialog was gosh-darn fun to write. Exhilarating to be able to dip into this particular font again, and I'm having a blast."

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=81947902

Go Albert, destroy those damn Reavers
    Nice!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-08-2020 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Does it bother yall that artists can't decide where Wolverine's claws pop from?
    To be honest, I do not really care.

What kind of Wolverine stories do you guys all like? In my experience there are 2 camps: fans who like Wolverine with the X-men and fans who like him on his own doing his own thing.
    Both. I am a fan of his portrayal before D. Way got his claws on him, what came after this run is a mixed bag for me. There are some stories of 'modern' Logan that I enjoy, tho.
    I like him with the x men as his chosen family. I like his interaction with the older cast (explained in Tieris last issue of 'The Logan Files', Wolverine #179 I think) and I like to see him more as a mentor with the younger cast rather than a father figure.
    Love really his interactions with Nighcrawler.
    But I also like that Wolverine has a live outside his time with the x men and I like his friendships with humans like the Hudsons or Puck. I like his relationship with Mariko, Amiko and Yukio. I also like him going on road trips fighting for some random stranger in need. Or I like the story "Not Dead Yet" Ellis wrote.
    Like I wrote earlier it is all about balance. His savagery needs to be balanced out with his capability to feel empathy. I want to see both sides of him explored, the pages of 'Wounded Wolf' by B. Windsor- Smith, Hush posted earlier are a good example.
    I prefer him written in a solo book. I do not like him written in a team book when he is portrayed as a brute idiot attack dog, only for the claws out and stabbing and rrrrrgh!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-08-2020 at 03:53 AM.

Larry Hama & Roland Boschi bring Albert & Elsie-Dee back to Madripoor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Marvel in the year 2020 marches on! In the wake of Arno Stark's crusade against A.I.s, no robot is safe. Fearing of Elsie-Dee's safety in these tumultuous times, Albert, the robot Wolverine, goes to Madripoor to find her… but what he finds is a fight against Madripoor's criminal underbelly instead! IWOLVERINE 2020 #1, written by Marvel legend Larry Hama with art by Roland Boschi, will hit comic shops this May!

Hama shared his excitement over penning a new story for Albert and Elsie-Dee, characters he co-created with Marc Silvestri, with CBR.com: "I'm super amped to be returning to two of my favorite supporting characters from my '90s WOLVERINE run. Elsie-Dee and Albert started out as an odd, Bizarro version of Wolvie and Jube, but they quickly developed lives of their own, and their dialog was gosh-darn fun to write. Exhilarating to be able to dip into this particular font again, and I'm having a blast."

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=81947902

Go Albert, destroy those damn Reavers
    It was time dammit, they left us all hanging with that Hunt mini with DD lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah this artist really has a lot of potential!

I have to agree with you, writing Wolverine seems to be really difficult task for a lot of writers especially since the 2000s. I think the problem comes from the fact that we've had so many different interpretations of the character through the years so it can now be difficult to find the right "voice" and the right characterization for Wolverine nowadays. The several retcons added to his backstory and the editorial influence in the past also didn't help lol.

For now, Percy has done a great job with Wolverine during his X-Force series and this new status-quo could lead to some interesting developments especially with all the X-books writers and editors working together. With any luck this decade could be a new "golden age" for the character!
    Haven't noticed this until now. But i think that the problem with the modern Wolverine as i comented in other thread, is that writers can't decide what kindnof anti-hero is he supposed to be. If he a man with good intentions that is willing to do unsavory, morally questionable things for the sake of innocent people or if he just a bastard that deep down is simply directing his worst impulses to people that are more awfull than him (kind of like Ennis Punisher).

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Solo these days, at least i can expect some level of nuance there, most of the time he is just the jerk/angry guy of the group that is there to stab people or show off how crazy the healing factor can ger.

Still, though, the current X-Force is good so far and Hickman's take had been decent.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Haven't noticed this until now. But i think that the problem with the modern Wolverine as i comented in other thread, is that writers can't decide what kindnof anti-hero is he supposed to be. If he a man with good intentions that is willing to do unsavory, morally questionable things for the sake of innocent people or if he just a bastard that deep down is simply directing his worst impulses to people that are more awfull than him (kind of like Ennis Punisher).
    Yup! Very well put!
    I prefer the first take for Logan!

And I agree Percy's take on Logan is ok so far!

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Yup! Very well put!
    I prefer the first take for Logan!

And I agree Percy's take on Logan is ok so far!
    Me too, is basically what he was before D. Way run. Honestly, Logan's problem is not his charactherization, but his archetype, writers seemingly can't decide what they want for him. Hence all the contradictions.

Percy's take still has shadows of the second one, but the fact that intends for Logan to start in happier place than usual make me interested in giving him a shot.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

which main x-men writer do you think understand wolverine the best?

BANNED

I think the most gritty(rather more savage) take on Logan was from Frank Tieri's run(which resembles Ennis's Punisher). It has everything in it. It shows the animalistic part of Wolverine and how he reacts to the situation when bad things happen. It also shows that he has a warrior or samurai side and he is not sadistic. It also shows that deep down this stiff guy he is been a lot of tragic life and he knows that. It has also highlighted how much of a character he is when he faces the bad guys. It has also highlighted that he loves children. It also shows he is the best there is at what he does and I mean what does is being Wolverine
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-08-2020 at 06:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Frank Tieri Nuff said!
    spoilers:
    Though I know that he is not being much of X-Men writer
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If you mean right now, Percy and Hickman had a decent take on him.

If you are talking about the past, is a toss out between Claremont, Barry W Smith or Larry Hama.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona