Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Throw it in the bin. Retcon it in some off the cuff way seeing as it hasn't impacted him enough outside of the storyline to warrant a whole new storyline for it. I also feel this is how Azazel should be recommend out of Kurt'a parentage.
    I don’t mind Azazel as Kurt’s father as much, but preferred the movie approach where he was a mutant who resembled a demon and not a true demon. As for Romulus, I agree that that should be retconned. Not completely written out, but rather retconned as lies from Romulus himself who was a Sinister experiment with fake memories and delusions of grandeur. Basically he was a combo of Logan and Creed’s DNA or something.

Would love to see him show up in Hellions, since Wild Child is in there and he was a part of that story, and Sinister basically laughs at him and says “you’re such a messed up creation; you really still believe all of that don’t you?” And then proceeds to tell him that he was just a failed experiment given false memories, for no other purpose than pure amusement. Then Romulus gets killed by the Hellions. Specifically Wild Child, Kwannon and Grey Crow.

Astonishing Member

I actually think with the E blood type ,this could be a segway into a new lore perfect for retconning Romulus , by introducing that it was a particular race of mutants with that blood type, since we have X23 ,Daken and Wolverine.They could introduce say like 3 ancient original E blood carriers , Dracula being one of them but he branched off because perhaps he mingled with the Sevalith, but the other 2 one female one male are as old as 2000 years or so and if they want they can link it to biblical tale of Lazarus or something like that.They can really play with this.Maybe even bring Eli Bard as a surprise retcon, maybe say he spelled the dagger coz he knew Selene was using him and he ultimately wanted to break her spell and hold on him, so that when she was destroyed in Necrosha he was restored to life.We need more immortal villain stories

I feel like doing that would be building off of Romulus and the whole Lupine sapiens thing (as well as Logan somehow being behind Weapon X), which was a retcon in itself of what had come before. Which is kind of the opposite of retconning all that nonsense, no? Seems like the last thing we’d want to see them do is cement it as canon even more by building on top of it. My $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t mind Azazel as Kurt’s father as much, but preferred the movie approach where he was a mutant who resembled a demon and not a true demon. As for Romulus, I agree that that should be retconned. Not completely written out, but rather retconned as lies from Romulus himself who was a Sinister experiment with fake memories and delusions of grandeur. Basically he was a combo of Logan and Creed’s DNA or something.

Would love to see him show up in Hellions, since Wild Child is in there and he was a part of that story, and Sinister basically laughs at him and says “you’re such a messed up creation; you really still believe all of that don’t you?” And then proceeds to tell him that he was just a failed experiment given false memories, for no other purpose than pure amusement. Then Romulus gets killed by the Hellions. Specifically Wild Child, Kwannon and Grey Crow.
    For me, Kurt's dad being an actual demon takes so much away from what made him so interesting. People being scared of someone that is actually demon-spawn is somewhat more understandable than people being scared of a good person that looks like a demon. That's my thought on it anyway. I just think it was also such an unnecessary retcon, much like Romulus.

As for Romulus, I honestly think cutting him out somehow is best. I think throwing Sinister into it just further complicates matters. It also cuts out the annoyance of Wolverine's life being planned every step of the way (such an overused trope imo). God i hate Romulus so much.

I would use Romulus as a way of 'redeeming' Daken fully before cutting him out entirely. I wouldn't tie him to Sinister because Sinister is a whole mess on his own. I'd have Romulus be some delusion Wolverine fanboy, but be a skilled geneticist in his own right. Everything he did was a way to try to control and mess with Wolverine while making himself seem like a bigger deal than he was. Have Logan figure all of that out while finding out the full scope of what he did to Daken. But then ditch Romulus entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    For me, Kurt's dad being an actual demon takes so much away from what made him so interesting. People being scared of someone that is actually demon-spawn is somewhat more understandable than people being scared of a good person that looks like a demon. That's my thought on it anyway. I just think it was also such an unnecessary retcon, much like Romulus.

As for Romulus, I honestly think cutting him out somehow is best. I think throwing Sinister into it just further complicates matters. It also cuts out the annoyance of Wolverine's life being planned every step of the way (such an overused trope imo). God i hate Romulus so much.
    I thought Azazal was a mutant and he was just part of Chuck Austen’s god-awful idea about there being different categories of mutants that look like demons, angels, Logans etc. Also, all the demon-looking mutants were trapped in a hell dimension that smelled of brimstone for some confusing reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I thought Azazal was a mutant and he was just part of Chuck Austen’s god-awful idea about there being different categories of mutants that look like demons, angels, Logans etc. Also, all the demon-looking mutants were trapped in a hell dimension that smelled of brimstone for some confusing reason.
    I feel like the idea of this "demon" category of mutant was to essentially imply that these ancient mutants are what informed humanity's idea of Demons. I could be wrong as I haven't read his run in its entirety, but it seems like it's just a weak way of tying a demon character into the X-Men. Still so dumb.

BANNED

I would bury Romulus 20ft under so that any of the retcons for Romulus would never be mentioned again but sadly that's not what I have seen on the Krakoa Handbook. Instead they waned out everything related to Logan's early origin etc.
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-18-2020 at 06:03 PM.

If that's the case, it was an idea doomed to fail from the start, because demons were already a thing in Marvel. Hell is definitely real and definitely populated by demons.

God, now I'm just imagining the implications for the mutant metaphor if all demons were actually mutants. Yikes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yes i would like it to be retconned, is awfull, like most of Way's run, to this day i can't believe that they choose him to reveal Wolverine's past.
    Not sure in what right mind would they have allowed him to write Origins after his short stink with his earlier issues of Wolverine

Astonishing Member

I want a crossover between Wolverine's legacy characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I want a crossover between Wolverine's legacy characters.

I honestly don't know why Marvel hasn't jumped on doing a "Howelett Family Reunion" story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I honestly don't know why Marvel hasn't jumped on doing a "Howelett Family Reunion" story.
    Because having wolverine generally act kind to his kids for a prolong period of time would ruin his image or get people interested in other members of the wolverine family and those or bad things for reasons that can't be defined by words. Blame a reliance on stagnation that logan and many classic characters are stuck with by publishers

BANNED

I am sooo oversaturated with children of Wolverine being made all over the place. Rancor, Laura, Rien, Gabby, Kirika, Rina, and then there is Daken, Jimmy jeez.....Now the last thing I need right now is to make union. It was good for a certain time before but it became a overkill when Kyle Yost or Way took over Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Because having wolverine generally act kind to his kids for a prolong period of time would ruin his image or get people interested in other members of the wolverine family and those or bad things for reasons that can't be defined by words. Blame a reliance on stagnation that logan and many classic characters are stuck with by publishers
    Nah, Wolverine has been shown to be compassionate to those he's close with for pretty much most of his creation and hasn't made a dent in his image/reputation. If anything it gave his character more depth. As for Logan's "kids", it doesn't matter what they do now because whatever relationship they try to force at this point will never compare to the one he formed with Jubilee, who he treats like a daughter more than any of his other suppose offspring. All of Logan's kids are already grown adults(I still think it was a mistake to age Laura up outta nowhere) so it won't have the same effect. Look at Daken, a 80+ year old who behaves like a young 20 something with former daddy issues. I hated X-Men Evolution, but I prefer Laura's origin and look from that show over what we got in the books.