Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah this artist really has a lot of potential!

I have to agree with you, writing Wolverine seems to be really difficult task for a lot of writers especially since the 2000s. I think the problem comes from the fact that we've had so many different interpretations of the character through the years so it can now be difficult to find the right "voice" and the right characterization for Wolverine nowadays. The several retcons added to his backstory and the editorial influence in the past also didn't help lol.

For now, Percy has done a great job with Wolverine during his X-Force series and this new status-quo could lead to some interesting developments especially with all the X-books writers and editors working together. With any luck this decade could be a new "golden age" for the character!
    Percy's voice-over Logan seems actually ethical but I am waiting for more character moments and various sides of Logan to be discovered, where his prowess or morality is in the line.

Spectacular Member

So what's the deal with Daniel Way's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    To summarize, is poorly written and intronduce a great quantity of retcons that basically make everything that you knew about Logan a lie.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To summarize, is poorly written and intronduce a great quantity of retcons that basically make everything that you knew about Logan a lie.
    Well that doesn't sound like a good read at all lol

Well that doesn't sound like a good read at all lol
    It wasn’t and I personally don’t include it in my cannon of Logan.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    It wasn’t and I personally don’t include it in my cannon of Logan.
    It's that bad, huh? Makes me slightly curious.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

It is a flawed run. I liked it and a lot of the ideas that he came up with. I liked Romulus. But it had massive issues. He turned Wolverine emo which sucked. He tried to tie together all of the Wolverine flashback plot points that each writer came up with in prior runs of X-men and Wolverine. He did an OK job.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's that bad, huh? Makes me slightly curious.
    There was a awful run that had a bunch of enemies with lazer claws. Wolverine being possessed by a demon. Had the Red Right Hand. This writer also shoehorned a past relationship Mystique amongst a few other shitty things. This happened in the other Wolverine ongoing not Wolverine Origins.

Spectacular Member

Alright so from what I gather the best solo Wolverine material to read is Claremont/Miller, Hama and Greg Rucka(?). Anything else I should check out?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Messing with Logan's cannon isn't new for Marvel. Really annoying when they do that.

Alright so from what I gather the best solo Wolverine material to read is Claremont/Miller, Hama and Greg Rucka(?). Anything else I should check out?
    Claremont, David, Hama, Tieri Larsen and everything up until Aaron's run is great. His book really didn't start having quality issues until then. We had Aaron, Way Bunn and a few others that didn't keep the quality up to the titles standards. I would recommend getting Marvel Unlimited and start reading the Claremont/Miller mini and the Ongoing up until the Aaron run.

BANNED

When I first read Origins I didn't really have the general awareness of Wolverine, anyways I thought it was pretty decent but the more I learned about his comics the more realize that there were terrible retcons in this comics especially how Logan was assigned to actually kill X. I think that is the worst retcon of all time even more than Deadly Genesis.
    My favorite Wolverine comics were Larry Hama's run, Tieri's run, Claremont's and MCPs(Weapon X and other MCPs).

I prefer the stuff from Claremont, Hama, Tieri and Rucka, and some authors in between. Okay, noseless Logan is stupid. Tieri's run, weapon x by Windsor- Smith and Wolverine by Claremont and Millar are my favourites. I like Rucka's two first arcs too. The stuff that came after Rucka's is a mixed bag for me. I ignore Origins by D. Way and the Lupine stuff that came after origins. Loeb I think.
    Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine from Aaron is fun to read.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-03-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Percy's voice-over Logan seems actually ethical but I am waiting for more character moments and various sides of Logan to be discovered, where his prowess or morality is in the line.
    Yeah looking at thr solicits of Wolverine #3 it looks like Logan will have to make some morally ambiguous decisions. Same thing with X-Force, it looks like Beast's actions in the last issue are going to put the team in jeopardy during issues #9 & #10 so with any luck we're going to see how Logan will react to that situation and to what Beast did.