Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Default X-Men Monday #88: Al Ewing Talks S.W.O.R.D.

My flag is bacon.

Fun interview.

OMGWTFMENTALLO! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Fun interview.

OMGWTFMENTALLO! ^_^

So mentallo is the telepath? Zzzzzz. Disappointing...

Everything else sound amazing! This book will be so much fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    So mentallo is the telepath? Zzzzzz. Disappointing...

Everything else sound amazing! This book will be so much fun.
    Its implied it might be somting else

BANNED

no more wonza, rosemary twins sharing page time with our lord magneto of all sexy magnetism.
    I TRUSTED you ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    no more wonza, rosemary twins sharing page time with our lord magneto of all sexy magnetism.
    I TRUSTED you ewing
    Nah. It’s time to address that elephant in the room. I truly want to see what repercussions there will be for taking something from the Far Shore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Nah. It’s time to address that elephant in the room. I truly want to see what repercussions there will be for taking something from the Far Shore.
    it's not an elephant, its a deadbeat horse thats two moons into becoming a pile of goo.
    She's the pretender and belongs over there while the x-men over here
    Last edited by Ferro; 12-21-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I’m so glad Voght and Frenzy were chosen for this book, and getting to see how they’ve grown as people since the last time they were Acolytes together. They can more than keep Cortez from pulling any nonsense. Of all the 90s characters to show up, I didn’t think he would one of them.

I had hope that Ewing would be sympathetic to the Maximoff and Minimoff twins, considering how he wrote them in the last few Avengers events. I’m looking forward to seeing what he has planned for this family.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I’m so glad Voght and Frenzy were chosen for this book, and getting to see how they’ve grown as people since the last time they were Acolytes together. They can more than keep Cortez from pulling any nonsense. Of all the 90s characters to show up, I didn’t think he would one of them.

I had hope that Ewing would be sympathetic to the Maximoff and Minimoff twins, considering how he wrote them in the last few Avengers events. I’m looking forward to seeing what he has planned for this family.
    I love Frenzy and Voght in this book too but it desperately needs some Scanner.

BANNED

he's writing an x-book , the ones that deserve sympathy are the mutants wanda ruined not her and her demonic spawn, and they aren't a family erik isnt related to those people.

Great interview. And I'm loving Frenzy's new look. She looks tough, but official. I think she'll fit right in at SWORD.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I love Frenzy and Voght in this book too but it desperately needs some Scanner.
    As I recall, Scanner was one of the more reluctant types to join the Acolytes, and she has a nifty power. I would rather have her than Cortez, but if she shows up just to put him in his place, that would be nice.

1C3B60C3-B071-46D2-BC64-C9519B1460D7.jpg

Nice shot of Cable (I think)...

59599CAE-5B38-47C2-A10B-7C91EAFF970E.jpg

Sounds like his solo will continue and Ewing is in constant contact with Duggan to align their plans for the character. I really hope we get back to the OG Cable subplot from the Cable solo book. It’s the only reason I even checked out the first few issues in the first place, so hoping to see what’s up with that and how the older version is still around (or when he is exactly in time).

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

As I recall, Scanner was one of the more reluctant types to join the Acolytes, and she has a nifty power. I would rather have her than Cortez, but if she shows up just to put him in his place, that would be nice.

1C3B60C3-B071-46D2-BC64-C9519B1460D7.jpg
    Her powers are Perfect for the observation/ analysis team with Peeper and Mentallo

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This was a very good XMM. SWORD is definitely going to become my favourite non-X-X-Men book.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!