Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,803

    Default Warren Worthington: (Arch)Angel Appreciation 2020

    Well, I haven't seen a new thread for Angel/Archangel yet. Maybe there is one and I just haven't seen it.


    Same deal as last year, I hope that every one has a miserable new year . Unless you are someone who is able to post pictures in this thread. Then you will be appreciated in this appreciation thread.

    So, here we go, somewhere to discuss Archangel. Let's have fun.
    Formerly known as ArchAngelSliver

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    Walt Simonson's Archangel is the best:





    Even without the death-skull helmet, he's still cool:

    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-19-2020 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added more words.

  3. #3
    Spectacular Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    205

    Default

    While Archangel was an interesting side trek for him, I was glad to have him back as Angel. Too bad they went and Archangel-ed him again, but at least now he can go back and forth.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,725

    Default

    It's still more than a bit concerning that so far Warren has done little to nothing in Krakoa or whatever, also wondering when he and Betsy are going to have a talk after all of her changes recently...still love those two together...

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Walt Simonson's Archangel is the best:





    Even without the death-skull helmet, he's still cool:

    That Horseman story is still one of my favorite Archangel stories.
    I like the Simonson designed costume. The best outfit that Warren ever had. But, I still prefer Archangel's black and silver X-force colored version of the outfit, or even the blue and white colored one from Bunn's Uncanny X-Men better.
    Formerly known as ArchAngelSliver

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    While Archangel was an interesting side trek for him, I was glad to have him back as Angel. Too bad they went and Archangel-ed him again, but at least now he can go back and forth.
    Why do you like the regular Angel version of Angel instead of Archangel. There's nothing wrong that you do. I'm just interested in why you like that version better.
    I'm personally way more fond of the Archangel version of the character. That's just a much more interesting version of the character in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's still more than a bit concerning that so far Warren has done little to nothing in Krakoa or whatever, also wondering when he and Betsy are going to have a talk after all of her changes recently...still love those two together...
    Don't worry Logan. I'm sure that Warren and Betsy will run into each other eventually. I doubt that Warren thinks less of Betsy now change back to her Caucasian body. Still a little strange that we haven't seen him comment on it though. Well at least not that I know of.

    And, I'm sure we will eventually see Warren on panel with Betsy as Captain Britain. I don't see why Archangel would have a problem with Betsy's promotion. If they talk about it, than I'm sure that it will probably end up being to offer her some support or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-19-2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    Formerly known as ArchAngelSliver

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,725

    Default

    I'm not saying that he would think any less of her or have a problem with her promotion, but yeah it's a bit strange that he hasn't said anything about it or talked to her about it...and I just have a feeling that Betsy's current situation won't last past this book, by that I mean that she won't be Captain Britain past the book so she'll basically have to remake herself all over again afterwards...

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not saying that he would think any less of her or have a problem with her promotion, but yeah it's a bit strange that he hasn't said anything about it or talked to her about it...and I just have a feeling that Betsy's current situation won't last past this book, by that I mean that she won't be Captain Britain past the book so she'll basically have to remake herself all over again afterwards...
    I think that Excalibur could las a little longer as a series. And, I don't see why Betsy couldn't just stay as Captain Britain even if the series were to end.
    So there is still a chance for Warren to talk to Betsy about being Captain Britain, if that's what you want to see.
    Formerly known as ArchAngelSliver

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Why do you like the regular Angel version of Angel instead of Archangel. There's nothing wrong that you do. I'm just interested in why you like that version better.
    I'm personally way more fond of the Archangel version of the character. That's just a much more interesting version of the character in my opinion.
    I couldnít stand the dark and brooding Archangel. It was a great character arc but not one I wanted to see permanently. I liked his cheerful millionaire playboy personality from the original X-Men and New Defenders. I loved it when X-Cutionerís Song started with him acting like his old self. And he finally took that skullcap off so we could see he wasnít bald...

    4AF4C83D-54AA-4B8E-B883-C80ADB1AC4AC.jpg

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I think that Excalibur could las a little longer as a series. And, I don't see why Betsy couldn't just stay as Captain Britain even if the series were to end.
    So there is still a chance for Warren to talk to Betsy about being Captain Britain, if that's what you want to see.
    I don't like her as Captain Britain at all, I always liked it more when Betsy used her brains and skill to get the job done and didn't have all of that extra power from the Captain Britain thing, I was more thinking that they'd want to talk since how they left things before Betsy and the others got spirited off to that alternate reality and Betsy's recent change back to a new English body...

    Personally I like Warren as Archangel more but not the moody depressed version with the two persona's in his head...

    I think that all of these series already have a predetermined end date to them and were never meant to last terribly long as I don't see Krakoa and the X-men's current situation lasting past Hickman's run, he started it and he'll end it imho...

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I couldn’t stand the dark and brooding Archangel. It was a great character arc but not one I wanted to see permanently. I liked his cheerful millionaire playboy personality from the original X-Men and New Defenders. I loved it when X-Cutioner’s Song started with him acting like his old self. And he finally took that skullcap off so we could see he wasn’t bald...

    4AF4C83D-54AA-4B8E-B883-C80ADB1AC4AC.jpg
    I really enjoyed reading about Angel in New Defenders. It took me some time and a little money to go back and obtain the comics, but I found it to be well worth it.
    Didn't really find him as interesting in the original X-Men. I don't think much of the original 60's X-Men run. I thought that the O5 were really great togather in X-Factor, though. Except for the constant Scott/Jean angsting over each that returned from the original comics. Just my opinion.

    What did you think of Warren's narcissistic behavior.

    I think that your picture of Warren from X-Cutioner's Song may have been Warren's last significant story with Charlotte Jones. Or, at least one of the last.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't like her as Captain Britain at all, I always liked it more when Betsy used her brains and skill to get the job done and didn't have all of that extra power from the Captain Britain thing, I was more thinking that they'd want to talk since how they left things before Betsy and the others got spirited off to that alternate reality and Betsy's recent change back to a new English body...

    Personally I like Warren as Archangel more but not the moody depressed version with the two persona's in his head...

    I think that all of these series already have a predetermined end date to them and were never meant to last terribly long as I don't see Krakoa and the X-men's current situation lasting past Hickman's run, he started it and he'll end it imho...
    Yeah, definitely prefer the Archangel version of Warren as well.

    What do you want to see Warren talk to Betsy about in regards to her regaining her English body.

    Still think that Betsy could remain Captain Britain if Excalibur were to end.

    Edit: And, I'm not sure how her relying on her Captain Britain powers is anything different from relying on the ninja abilities that she gained from Kwannon. I don't think that they cause Betsy to rely less on skill and intelligence.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-20-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    Formerly known as ArchAngelSliver

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,725

    Default

    I don't like the narcissistic version of Warren, more that yeah he knows that he's good looking but he's past using that like Tony Stark is often portrayed as doing...as for Betsy Warren knows what it's like to have his body changed so that he doesn't recognize it afterwards so he might be able to understand a bit of what she's going through and he loves her for her not the body that she's in...as for the Captain Britain thing, I just liked it when she didn't have all of that power to use and did all of those feats that she did using only her wits and skill, it's like is it heroic for Superman to rush into a burning building to save the people inside, to me not in the least, because there's no danger of him getting hurt by anything in that building, unlike with Batman or Spider-Man who could die in the attempt...as far as I know Betsy is only Captain Britain at all because her current writer wanted her to be, so I'd guess that at the end of the book Brian will be back as Captain Britain again...now outside of the color of her hair Betsy could be lost in the crowd, at least in the Asian body she stood out and was unique and it made she and Warren together be that much more visually striking as a pair...not the only reason that I love them together but it was one reason and they both knew what it was like to have their bodies altered against their will and such, the whole her getting herself a new English body just seems like a rushed change that they've bungled ever since...

    As for Charlotte, they did meet later on when either some mutants or humans were attacked and Warren apologized to her for not treating her right at the end of their relationship...

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,942

    Default

    I LOVED him during

    CRIMSON DAWN

    and

    X-FORCE

    and DARK ANGEL SAGA

    Lately we barely see him, heck he's not even on one of the many current X-books


    4784664-archangel_x-force.jpg
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-21-2020 at 03:35 AM.
    "Burn Her. Slowly. I want her to remember how dying like this feels"- Destiny

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I LOVED him during

    CRIMSON DAWN

    and

    X-FORCE

    and DARK ANGEL SAGA

    Lately we barely see him, heck he's not even on one of the many current X-books


    4784664-archangel_x-force.jpg
    I liked him the most in X-Force, X-Factor and Bunn's Uncanny X-Men. I often forget about Crimson Dawn, and haven't read in in a while, but it was pretty good.

    I still think that there is a chance that Archangel appears in a DoX comic. I believe that there are supposed to be a few ones left that haven't been announced yet. Hopefully Warren can end up in one of those books.
    Formerly known as ArchAngelSliver

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,725

    Default

    I just hope that when he shows up he's doing something meaningful and isn't just relegated to the back row in terms of importance and such...Crimson Dawn was a good mini, giving up a piece of his soul to free Betsy at the end and shortening his life for her if memory serves...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •