Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Well that's something several of us DO wanna return the character to. One fan stated a solo of which he's seeking answers for one subject matter, which brings him to mysteries about his own past, and how his past would affect the present and future. So that definitely harkens to what you mentioned about "solving problems along the way". A good "The Wolverine" is what's being discussed, and some awesome exploration, that brings Logan back to his roots (sorta) but with a modern/avant-garde style, as one primary fan stated
    Well that sounds awesome! I also enjoyed in Sean Chen’s run when he took out a whole mob family because they kidnapped his friends daughter. And in the end the friend was really just a random guy with a sob story at a bar. That I think sums up Logan at his best a guy who solves problems not because he’s got a horse in the race but because he’s the only one who can do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    This image really does a good job of capturing something I miss from Logan’s earlier days, one that especially the post fatal attraction arc in his solo did well. Him just throwing a bedroll on his bike and going on a road trip. It’s worked as a part of a larger personal journey like post fatal attraction or just solving problems he finds along the way. Logan has often needed trips like this after massive status quo changes and I’d think him coming back from the dead and the X-men founding a mutant nation might give him something to chew on as he roams.
    If Marvel let me write an X book (terrible idea, lol) I would writer a story about Logan taking Daken, Laura and Gabby on a cross-country road trip to try and actually have a family bond. Maybe even set it in Japan to give it a more unique look, and really have them interact outside of the usual X shenanigans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    If Marvel let me write an X book (terrible idea, lol) I would writer a story about Logan taking Daken, Laura and Gabby on a cross-country road trip to try and actually have a family bond. Maybe even set it in Japan to give it a more unique look, and really have them interact outside of the usual X shenanigans.
    Seriously, WHY WAS THIS NOT A THING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Seriously, WHY WAS THIS NOT A THING!!!!
    In my fantasy series, I'd have them eventually meet up with a lot of the weirder people Logan has met before, as well as some of his other kids like Jimmy (somebody help that poor boy) and Reze (I think that was his name? The alt universe Mystique kid). Maybe have a sad issue visiting Dakens' moms' grave.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d like to see something new done with him. To progress the character a bit, and take him out of his familiar “lone wolf drifter” trappings. Similar to how they made him the head of the school for awhile in Jason Aaron’s ‘Wolverine and the X-men’ series with Bachalo. That was fun, even though I didn’t think it was a great fit for Logan, I did appreciate the fish out of water aspect of it.

So something like that, but which considers his age and history... his continuity if you will. Back in the Larry Hama days it was hinted at that Logan had considerable holdings with the firm Landau, Luckman & Lake.
    I agree with the first part, but I don't see how the second part is still viable. Pretty sure that Logan poured all his financial assets into the construction of the Jean Grey Institute. Yes, Logan may have saved up over the years and doesn't have extravagant tastes, but even so he still had to rely on Angel for financial backing. Considering he and Warren are not overly friendly and Warren was mentally compromised at the time I doubt he would have bothered with him if he could have bankrolled the operation on his own steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d like to see him lean more into his anti hero role. Remender did a great job with that in Uncanny X-Force and I’d love more of that. Maybe even take it a step further and have him butting heads with heroes because he’s become a “final solution” person. Basically he’s tired of the same bad guys being out there so he takes them out permanently. Heck maybe even have him be a villain like he started in the Ultimate Universe. An assassin for hire type that works for the likes of Magneto, Sinister and Apocalypse. I don’t think the villain angle is really feasible in 616 but an AU is an open book.
    Something like this. Get him away from the X-Books, at least as a team-member. I liked the idea of what he was supposed to be doing in Wolverine: Origins, just hated how it turned out. I want Logan to get tired of following, because he's not a follower. I don't want him to be a team leader. I want him to be more of an individual who uses various relationships, connections, blackmail, etc, to further an agenda outside of just what Xavier wants. His interests should still occasionally line up with the X-Men's agenda, but not be limited to it. Logan has been around a long time. He remembers his past now. Let him rise to his own potential. Wolverine: Origins was like him trying to be a new man by doing the same old B.S. Let the character be as intelligent as he should be. Let him be as cultured as he should be. Let his powers do what they should do. This guy is the Kevin Bacon of Marvel. He should be clowning SHIELD. He should be playing the Yakuza off the Triad and the Hand off of Hydra. If Logan ever has to deal with Magneto again he should have coerced Forge or Tony Stark into finding a way to de-magnetize his skeleton. Both have enough strings for Logan to pull. I'm not really interested in Uncle Logan. I'm more interested in Logan acting a bit more like Deathstroke, which would be a more natural path.
    I'm the complete opposite of you guys. Logan as a killer antihero feels done to death for me, and I actually really liked his attempts to be a better person and try and teach mutant kids in a way that wasn't just making them all child soldiers. Him becoming more moral and avoiding killer people while Scott became more deranged and openly violent felt like an interesting character diversion.
    For some characters you can't un-ring the bell. Punisher is a killer. Logan is a killer. It's not just something that they are WILLING to do. It's too big a part of their core character development. Logan said, "If you meet me with fists I will respond in kind. You come at me with the intent to kill I respond in kind." Logan is able to show mercy, which makes it more important when he uses it than someone like Spider-Man. That is not where he shines as a character though. Schism and the reversal of roles was just plain weird. It was out of character for both Scott and Logan. Logan once praised Jubilee for showing restraint against the thugs that had killed her parents. That was important because Jubilee is not a killer. Logan killed his own Father before he was old enough to shave. Wolverine does want his "sidekicks" to be better than him, but he also has always expected even the youngsters to get beyond their fear and do what it takes to survive.
    Having him be the team attack dog who 'does what needs to be done' always felt like a massive step back. And if he became the murderer for hire for guys like Magneto and Sinister would kill all interest I'd ever have for him.
    It would never happen, but I wouldn't mind him floating that idea in order to hurt them or get intel on a high value target. Meanwhile, if they aren't a Sabretooth level dirtbag he "loses" them to SHIELD for incarceration instead of deletion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Not gonna lie, I've always been interested to find a way to make Wolverine into an actual Daredevil type superhero/Vigilante. I think it would be suuuuper difficult to get him there given his characterisation. But I'd love to see an attempt. Similar to Patch I guess, but dialed up to 11. Something relatively lighter in tone as well, with art by Chris Samnee or someone.
    Patch did Daredevil's shtick better on a bigger scale earlier than Matt. Patch looked after the whole island, and was the Kingpin of Lowtown.
    If you created a team for Wolverine, who would be recruited?
    I wouldn't want him on a team. I would prefer him with certain individuals for mission specific reasons. He would probably want people that he had history with. He would want people that he could trust. He would also prefer to have people that he wouldn't really be bothered if they got hurt. He might be upset if Deadpool got captured on a mission with him. He would be horrified if Puck or Yukio were killed on a mission with him. It would have to be a team of people that Logan has worked with before, but not necessarily "family".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I think Madripoor is perfect for him- he has a past and connections to the city and the location has been completely underused in recent years!
    I agree it's perfect for him, but it has been used since he died. He needs to clean out his sandbox. Several people have tried to take over either Patch or the Prince's role in Madripoor. Most recently Kade Killgore in Black Cat.
    I would much rather see a book where Logan teams up with Ororo, Kurt, and Peter. Characters that mean far more to Logan. They go on a world tour and interact with people or villians that come from the areas they come from. Black Widow or Winter Guard in Russia, Maverick in Germany, Arkon's space followers come for Ororo, that alien chick Logan was with in Uncanny # 275 wants child support from Logan's intergalactic fling.

Astonishing Member

Add the albino laura clone and its perfect

If you created a team for Wolverine, who would be recruited?
    If it’s mutants only I’d like to see Uncanny X-Force back together but with both Kwannon and Betsy playing a part.

Another combo I’d like is to see a wetworks/black ops team with Black Widow, Bucky and Nighthawk. To clarify I want the Nighthawk from the JMS Supreme Power universe that jumped over to 616 after Secret Wars. David F Walker wrote a really good solo starring him.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    I wouldn't want him on a team. I would prefer him with certain individuals for mission specific reasons. He would probably want people that he had history with. He would want people that he could trust. He would also prefer to have people that he wouldn't really be bothered if they got hurt. He might be upset if Deadpool got captured on a mission with him. He would be horrified if Puck or Yukio were killed on a mission with him. It would have to be a team of people that Logan has worked with before, but not necessarily "family".
    Well... there's two parts to what I'm asking in regards to Wolverine. But since we're kinda talking about him as an adult, then as far as a solo would go, he wouldn't be in a team that's... that intimate. It's like, survival buddies or a temp teammate on assignment. This would emotionally distance him enough from said team, but also grant up potentially a new experience or further dimension of his character.

If it’s mutants only I’d like to see Uncanny X-Force back together but with both Kwannon and Betsy playing a part.

Another combo I’d like is to see a wetworks/black ops team with Black Widow, Bucky and Nighthawk. To clarify I want the Nighthawk from the JMS Supreme Power universe that jumped over to 616 after Secret Wars. David F Walker wrote a really good solo starring him.
    Someone mentioned Uncanny X-Force, but changing some of the line up (as they always do lol) and bringing onboard Havok. Black Widow, Nighthawk and Hawkeye I think would be the closer line up involving non-mutants. I think something to bring X-Force to light would be an awesome plot, esp with Archangel and Psylocke. Ideas are focusing on this setting of either a collapsing world, or one already in a (somewhat) post-apocalyptic setting. I think the Apocalypse storyline would rly fit, esp for the ending, it would rly bring certain harsh ideals and decisions into the kind of plot everyone is looking at.

Hey everyone! Kinda wanted to verify the ideas everyone has discussed. There's room, practically for any idea, so... lots to discuss there

In short, here's what I got per person...

Jakraow21
    I’d like to see something new done with him. To progress the character a bit, and take him out of his familiar “lone wolf drifter” trappings.

So something like that, but which considers his age and history... his continuity if you will. Back in the Larry Hama days it was hinted at that Logan had considerable holdings with the firm Landau, Luckman & Lake. For example, Logan is approached because he is the primary shareholder in a massive conglomerate which he was not even aware of. Somewhere along the way he took a sizable position in this company, and then it went public and he is the majority share owner and thus a board member. This requires him to show up for board meetings which he finds torturous. Corporate intrigue, making Logan take on a Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne style role which he would absolutely despise.
    Wolverine12
    I’d like to see him lean more into his anti hero role. Remender did a great job with that in Uncanny X-Force and I’d love more of that. Maybe even take it a step further and have him butting heads with heroes because he’s become a “final solution” person.
    pkingdom
    I'm the complete opposite of you guys. Logan as a killer antihero feels done to death for me, and I actually really liked his attempts to be a better person and try and teach mutant kids in a way that wasn't just making them all child soldiers.

Like, I'd like a story where the X-men go to him to put him in charge of a team or X-force, and he just refused because he doesn't want to be the team killer anymore. But I also always felt he shined better outside of the X teams, so I'm usually in the minority
    Jack The Tripper
    Not gonna lie, I've always been interested to find a way to make Wolverine into an actual Daredevil type superhero/Vigilante. I think it would be super difficult to get him there given his characterisation. But I'd love to see an attempt. Similar to Patch I guess, but dialed up to 11. Something relatively lighter in tone as well, with art by Chris Samnee or someone.
    I think the aftermath of the original Old Man Logan storyline was actually a great opportunity to have Wolverine overthrow a supervillain government/America. I'll always be annoyed they didn't go that route. The character and that universe has been absolutely fumbled in recent years. It would have been really interesting to see Logan lead a new team of heroes in a dystopian USA.

Regarding point 1: I think Madripoor is perfect for him- he has a past and connections to the city and the location has been completely underused in recent years!

2. Again, it more the aftermath of Old Man Logan that was fumbled - definitely shouldn't have been pushed into main 616, and I think Brisson's writing for the OML universe was a bit too bright and superhero-y.

I think a whole new team for Wolverine in these instances would be beneficial, as it opens up more room for new story telling aspects!
    WeaponX
    This image really does a good job of capturing something I miss from Logan’s earlier days, one that especially the post fatal attraction arc in his solo did well. Him just throwing a bedroll on his bike and going on a road trip. It’s worked as a part of a larger personal journey like post fatal attraction or just solving problems he finds along the way. Logan has often needed trips like this after massive status quo changes and I’d think him coming back from the dead and the X-men founding a mutant nation might give him something to chew on as he roams.

I also enjoyed in Sean Chen’s run when he took out a whole mob family because they kidnapped his friends daughter. And in the end the friend was really just a random guy with a sob story at a bar. That I think sums up Logan at his best a guy who solves problems not because he’s got a horse in the race but because he’s the only one who can do something about it.

John Ridley to write Wolverine for first Marvel work in

https://www.gamesradar.com/john-ridl...rk-in-january/

Yeah I'd like to see him recruit from all corners of Marvel, since he has experience in all corners.

Bucky, Natasha, Clint.

Cable(old), Wade, Betsy.

A blend of Secret Avengers and X-Force. Maybe as two field teams to allow a bigger roster. With Logan leading one and Nate leading the other. I'm rambling.

It just feels like that they've done all the stories they can do with Logan on the X men. Or at least, all they want to do, since they keep replaying the same stories and conflicts over and over. He should be a leader, not a follower, not an attack dog. Its partially why I like seeing him interact with the rest of the Marvel world. Just his interactions with Ms. Marvel alone were enough to make me love that version of him.

I like his interactions with the broader MU as well.

It's hard to see Logan taking orders from Magneto or Cyclops because of how their personalities clash. Really, Steve Rogers is the only person I can see Logan being okay with taking orders from because Steve isn't the "boss people around, cut throat" type of leader.

He'll bump heads with Scott, Magneto, Cable. A lot.