Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

I’m still waiting for an Old Man Logan omnibus hardcover or something. Those issues by Sorrentino were gorgeous. They really need to be collected in an oversized HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m still waiting for an Old Man Logan omnibus hardcover or something. Those issues by Sorrentino were gorgeous. They really need to be collected in an oversized HC.
    Yes, I second this!

BANNED

Will this enough for now lol? Guess who has drawn this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post

As well-received as the interactions between Logan and Laura were in the movie I just don't get Marvel's reluctance to actually DO something with it in the books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As well-received as the interactions between Logan and Laura were in the movie I just don't get Marvel's reluctance to actually DO something with it in the books.
    The reason is pretty simple. There is a whole lot of difference between these two franchises.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm excited for the Wolverine vol 1 reprint, so I'll stick with that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm excited for the Wolverine vol 1 reprint, so I'll stick with that lol
    You're welcome! I hope you will enjoy the Omnibus!

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Well written and so true!
    For me, it has nothing to do with his claws being unique. They are cool, yes, but what makes him really unique is what was done to him and how he carries himself after he survived the horrors due to his healing abilities. That really matters for his story ...a lifelong fight for his humanity. This is what makes Wolverine unique, his livelong fight for humanity, IMO.
    As I was introduced to Wolverine, this story stood out for me, the weapon x story. This was one of the many reasons I became a fan of Logan. He was abducted, experimented on, dehumanised, turned into a living weapon. They created the monster. They made him into one by stripping his humanity away. A livelong burden he has to fight even as he regained some of his humanity.
    I share you view on this point: Implanting him with those claws makes the horror he endured more grave, the idea that they turned a man into a into a living switchblade! (This also holds to Ultimate Wolverine as well, the switchblade comparison is made by Ultimate Colossus! )
    I personally have made my peace with the concept of the bone claws, Beeing more driven by animal instincts makes no lesser human, if one know how to handle it. Claws and animals senses makes no monster. Human abuse and tampering did.
    But the claws being a part of his mutation weakens the impact of the amazing story of Weapon X!
    Thank you and I 100% agree with your great post! This whole thing about him being turn into a monster is what makes the Weapon X story so poignant especially the scene when Hines finally understand what they've done to him:

What's really messed up is that leading up to this scene, Logan told his tormentors that he was still a man despite what they did to him but in the end he knows it's not true and that's why this drawning of Logan is so haunting, he doesn't look human anymore nor animal, he's something else and despite his mind being almost gone he understands it.

Such a beautiful story and I love that living switchblade comparison, it's perfect!

And so true about his fight to regain his humanity after what Weapon X did to him, that's one of the reason why I love this scene Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn wrote and that Declan Shalvey pencilled during the Good, the Bad and the Ugly so much:

Just perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Origin II was kind of weird to be honest, but the artwork was cool and thw first issue was decent, probably because it didn't have any dialogue. Still is the weirdest way to start the Creed/Logan feud.

And of course there is Origins by Daniel Way wich was....well we know how that turned out to be lol.
    Yeah honestly each time they tried to add something to explain the Creed/Logan feud it felt flat. Lmao Origins by Way, this series is such a mess.

Nice post Gyl, thanks. It looks good although because of the artwork, i'm still can't avoid remembering Night of the Owls lol
    Ah so true! It's really reminiscent of those crazy Owls.

So I am at a clear advantage here, because Old Man Logan by Jeff Lemire was the first comic I ever picked up and reading Wolverine, X-23, Immortal Hulk, Venom and X men ever since then!
    You really started with the good stuff! By the way I know you're a fan of Lemire/Sorrentino, you should check the "Joker Killer Smile" mini they're currently doing it's amazing!

Yeah it would be great, at least we're getting Uncanny X-Men Vol.4, Excalibur Vol 1 and New Mutants Vol 1 omniboo at the end of the year, so that should do it for now lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 01-25-2020 at 03:26 AM.

Really nice drawning! Are you the one who draw this?

Oh wow! It looks even better
    Last edited by Hush; 01-24-2020 at 03:15 PM.

BANNED

lol It was drawn by Dell' Otto

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Seems alright, although not many of Wolverine rogue's that debuted around the 10s have stuck, pretty much one or two arc villains.

Does anyone remember that evil 'omega' mutant from Deadpool vs Old Man Logan lol, no where to be seen lol
    You mean Maddie? Yeah not sure what happened to her, but that's true she was really powerful.

I think only the new Silver Samurai has been featured a lot since his first appearance during Aaron's last arc on the Wolverine series.

There is also Rot who appeared in the Bunn's run and who also had a cameo during Civil War II and the last two surviving Adamantium Men (created in 2009 though) who became Kade Kilgore bodyguards during WATXM but I'm not sure where they are now.

lol It was drawn by Dell' Otto
    Seriously? Damn I didn't even recognize his style here lol.

By the way, I've finally read the Ruins of Ravencroft: Dracula issue, just like the other two issues, the story is divided into two parts: one set in the present and one set in the past. There is a familiar character from Logan's history that appears in the past section of the story:

spoilers:
    Professor Thorton
    end of spoilers

There is also a callback to the Weapon X series:

spoilers:
    As seen in the preview, Silas Burr escapes from the Ravencroft Institute in 1923 alongside Al Capone but the main story takes place in 1945 during WWII, we see that the Professor Thorton is using one of Essex' lab in the Ravencroft Institute. Baron Blood alongside Dracula are here too, they defected to the U.S and joined the Weapon Plus program in order to find a way to cure vampires from all their weaknesses, the goal of this alliance is to create vampire supersoldiers.

To that end the U.S government is using all the patients of the Insitute like lab rats for their clandestine experiments and turned them into monsters until Captain America, Bucky and Jonas Ravencroft put and end to all of this.

We also have a reference to Sinister joining the Nazi Germany and sending his Namor Clone after Captain America from Weapon X #14.
    end of spoilers

Something interesting, maybe that's just an easter egg but:

spoilers:
    Logan (or at least someone that looks like him) can be seen on one of the security screen that Thorton is looking at so maybe that's how he discovered Logan's existence.
    end of spoilers

In the present, the Ravencroft Institute is reopening and guess who has been hired as a consultant:

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn
    end of spoilers

I'm sure everything is going to be fine lol.

Really interesting one shots, especially if you're fan of horror stories, the supernatural side of the Marvel Universe and Tieri's Weapon X series. The main mini could be a nice surprise.
    Last edited by Hush; 01-24-2020 at 02:25 PM.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I swear to God if this new series only focuses on his relationship's with Laura and Daken and not Amiko, I'm fighting Percy and the X-editors.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This friendship is back. Have some more Larraz Logan.
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #17
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • FRANCESCO MANNA (A) • Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    DEAD MAN’S HAND!
    It’s poker night at Casa Danvers, and with Wolverine, Monica Rambeau, Spider-Woman, Hazmat, Jessica Jones and Ms. Marvel all in the game, Carol might just lose her shirt. But who – or what – is THE NEXUS and why is it ruining this much needed R&R!?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Yuck. Keep Logan far away from current Carol. Really liked this friendship back in the day, but Captain Marvel and the people that push her are a cancer on this industry. Maybe Marvel realized they don't need to keep rebooting her book to get the sales back up if they throw in a Wolverine guest spot every couple of issues. This should end with him getting kicked out by the Hens for his toxic masculinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Regarding X-23 and her healing, Bullseye had adamantium bonded to his spine and he never had any problem with his health despite not having any healing factor. Small quantities of adamantium are maybe not dangerous to the health of a character for all we know.
    Actually the Weapon X adamantium procedure and Bullseye's procedure were not the same. Lord Dark Wind created the adamantium bonding procedure and was the one to give Bullseye his spine. Dark Wind's procedure included using secret herbs that would allow humans to survive the process. Weapon X did not know about this as they were using stolen and incomplete files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Besides, I'm not sure how you could say that his bone claws makes him or his "family" unique, since other characters not related to him also have the same kind of natural "bone claws" such as Marrow, the Native (who also has the same healing factor), Carver and many others.
    Do not mention the Native. She was clearly closely related to Logan. Marvel is disgusting.
    Origin II was kind of weird to be honest, but the artwork was cool and thw first issue was decent, probably because it didn't have any dialogue.
    Andy Kubert is the only reason to crack open anything with "Origin" on the cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If you have Wolverine in a comic you don't need Other Wolverine in it. I would rather see him interact with any of his other sidekicks/surrogate children. Logan-Kitty, Logan-Jubilee, Logan-Sam, or Logan-Armor. Logan was neglecting his young supporting cast long before X-Men Evolution came along. Could we see him interact with his adopted daughter Amiko more than once every decade?

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I swear to God if this new series only focuses on his relationship's with Laura and Daken and not Amiko, I'm fighting Percy and the X-editors.
    I agree, Amiko needs to come back!!!!

The last time we saw Logan, Amiko and Yukio together was during the Aaron's run, and that last scene with the three of them going to stop a bank robbery in Shibuya was just perfect!

Fortunately Percy said that he's a big fan of the Larry Hama' and Jason Aaron's runs, two of the runs where she appeared a lot so with any luck we're going to see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Actually the Weapon X adamantium procedure and Bullseye's procedure were not the same. Lord Dark Wind created the adamantium bonding procedure and was the one to give Bullseye his spine. Dark Wind's procedure included using secret herbs that would allow humans to survive the process. Weapon X did not know about this as they were using stolen and incomplete files.
    That's something I never understood to be honest, you think that after all these years someone would have gotten the process right but nope not even Apocalypse of all people.

Thinking about it there is also Hammerhead who had his skull and his upper body replaced with an adamantium ones but I don't think he suffered from any ill effect despite not having any healing factor which is strange. Maybe because of the way Mister Negative and Doctor Tramma implanted the adamantium:

Do not mention the Native. She was clearly closely related to Logan. Marvel is disgusting.
    Such a strange character when you think about it lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 01-25-2020 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Added image