Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1069

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Aw, sad to see so many hating on some of the legacy characters. Rian is garbage and I don't care about Jimmy, but I love Daken, Laura and Gabby.
    I used to like Laura, but all this recent talk of her deserving the Wolverine title and how she's a better Wolverine than Logan ever was turned me off on the character. Daken is a terrible character with a terrible design, never cared about him. Gabby is another I don't care for, completely unnecessary character IMO.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I used to like Laura, but all this recent talk of her deserving the Wolverine title and how she's a better Wolverine than Logan ever was turned me off on the character. Daken is a terrible character with a terrible design, never cared about him. Gabby is another I don't care for, completely unnecessary character IMO.
    100% agree, especially about the Laura part. If she's so great and better than Logan then why does she need his title? Why does he need to stay dead do she can shine? Obviously she can't so she needs to take from him, just like Kate Bishop takes from Clint. If a character can't stand on their own then steal from another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Well, if Laura were to get her own codename, what should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, if Laura were to get her own codename, what should it be?
    X-23, it's what she debut as and it's who she's most known as. Whether it be cartoons or video games, she's gonna always be referred to as X-23 so why not stick with it? Marvel waited too long to try and give her a different codename at this point. It's the same issue with Jean Grey, you can't give her a code name at this point and expect people to run with it because she's gonna always be just Jean Grey to most.

Same reason folks are saying Logan wouldn’t go by Weapon X after what they subjected him to. If she’s going to be a superhero, why go by her Facility X assassin designation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same reason folks are saying Logan wouldn’t go by Weapon X after what they subjected him to. If she’s going to be a superhero, why go by her Facility X assassin designation?
    Last I read anything with her, nobody refers to her as X-23 anyway, just Laura. X-23 as a brand name will always be tied to her and that could could just be the title of her book, should she ever get one again. Laura Kinney is who she is. Logan debuted as Wolverine and will always be Wolverine in eyes of the majority. I'm sure if he debuted as Weapon X it would be the same deal. Look at how they revealed Logan's "real name" years ago in Origins. How many ppl you know refer to him as James Howlett? Even in story, he's rarely referred to as James because Logan is what the majority knows/remember him as.

Fair points.

If I may defend the legacy characters a bit, I always found Daken to be a far more compelling character than Sabretooth or any of the various villains who exist to make Logan miserable. The kind of guys who popped up like roaches for most of the 90s. His relationship with Logan was/is ripe for storytelling.

I was always fine with both Laura and Logan being Wolverine. Laura being X-23 is a massive failure in marketing because its such a dehumanizing title. I think the attitude of Laura being a 'better' Wolverine than Logan has at least some connection to her solo being fairly strongly written (at least to me), only for her to get sidelined HARD as soon as Logan came back, and the stories told about Logan since have been all over the place and felt like character regression for the both of them.

But I've also always wanted to see a Snikt family series where Logan tries to have some kind of attachment to his weird family, so I'm biased.

I like all of the Wolverine family. I would say I strongly disagree that Laura has potential to be a better/more popular version of Wolverine as she is following the same beats he did when he was introduced. Logan started and the scary loner, tried to redeem himself for his past actions, relapsed/was brainwashed into his violent nature. Laura is currently on step 2 of this path and I would bet we see her break bad at some point probably as an antagonist against Logan or Gabby. Logan has just been around for so much longer that writers have had the chance to show the ups and downs that all A-list characters go through. If Laura sticks around and can stay relevant (I hope she does on both accounts) I'm betting she hits the same beats. All this being said I do like that both her and Logan are currently sharing the codename Wolverine. I would find it very interesting if Percy continued his way of story telling where two tales are being told in the solo but instead of one being pale girl and the other vampires one could focus on Logan and the other Laura and then they intersect for a mini series or conclusion of an arc.

Daken, Gabby, Reign are just fine and I would be happy to read more stories, but honestly I want to know what ever happened to the Native.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Incredible Member

The initial 15 issues or so of the Daken book under Dark Reign where he was friends with Johnny Storm... That was the best that Daken has ever been written (along with UXF). Since then, yeah he's faded as a character (for me).

I'm just surprised that Logan post-resurrection has been so forgettable. I can't point to a single story from Return Of onward that really excited me and made his resurrection feel worthwhile. Can't even begin to make heads or tails of there being two Logans during the infinity Wars thing.
    Last edited by newparisian; 11-17-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    When did the last part happen? Issues?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The wiki says Wolverine vol. 3 #13 but I swear they did a plot like that in Marvel Comics Presents.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Is from the final arc of Rucka's run, Wolverine vol 3 13 -19.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    The initial 15 issues or so of the Daken book under Dark Reign where he was friends with Johnny Storm... That was the best that Daken has ever been written (along with UXF). Since then, yeah he's faded as a character (for me).

I'm just surprised that Logan post-resurrection has been so forgettable. I can't point to a single story from Return Of onward that really excited me and made his resurrection feel worthwhile. Can't even begin to make heads or tails of there being two Logans during the infinity Wars thing.
    HOTCLAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!111!

But yeah, the Wolverine stories we've gotten since have been pretty meh, for me. The slide in quality of X force has soured me on Percy, and Wolverine's solo starting with him getting brainwashed into killing his allies AGAIN made me facepalm.