Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nothing better for bonding time than beating a serial killer on the loose.

Also i haven't read Savage Avengers since issue 5, how has been the series since that arc.
    Truer words were never spoken.

Honestly no clue about Savage Avengers, I stopped following the series monthly after the fifth issue, I'm waiting for the second tpb to be released.

Packed month lol, just going for Wolverine and X-Force, also Wolverine is in Fantastic Four 22 with the old FF group.

Although i was collecting Savage Avengers till issue 5, i still won't pick up 13 as it looks like a one arc deal at most plus the roster is really bloated, he'll probably only get two page showing at most.

Also some of those Dark variants are terrible lol, wonder what they'll draw for Wolverine.

And Silver Samurai is showing up at Spider-Woman 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Packed month lol, just going for Wolverine and X-Force, also Wolverine is in Fantastic Four 22 with the old FF group.

Oh good catch, I completely missed Fantastic Four #22 and hell yeah the New Fantastic Four are back! I love that team!

FANTASTIC FOUR #22

DAN SLOTT (W) • PACO MEDINA (A) • Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE VARIANT COVER BY JAY ANACLETO
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    The return of the new Fantastic Four?!
    • The events of EMPYRE threaten all life on Earth and the future balance of power throughout the cosmos!
    • And the secret mission that the FF have placed into Valeria and Franklin’s hands requires some big-league help!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

And Silver Samurai is showing up at Spider-Woman 3
    Judging by the cover and the solicit, it looks like it's the original Silver Samurai, he fought Jessica a long time ago during the Spider-Woman series.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-21-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Oh good catch, I completely missed Fantastic Four #22 and hell yeah the New Fantastic Four are back! I love that team!

FANTASTIC FOUR #22

EMPYRE VARIANT COVER BY JAY ANACLETO
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    The return of the new Fantastic Four?!
    • The events of EMPYRE threaten all life on Earth and the future balance of power throughout the cosmos!
    • And the secret mission that the FF have placed into Valeria and Franklin’s hands requires some big-league help!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Judging by the cover and the solicit, it looks like it's the original Silver Samurai, he fought Jessica a long time ago during the Spider-Woman series.

Yeah SS, Wolverine and SW go way back, Wolvie might pop up later down the line, he's in Black Cat at the moment and will show up in an issue of Captain Marvel. Also are the Claws mini series set in the 616, Black Cat doesn't seem that acquainted with Wolverine in her last issue.

Thinking abouy SS in that SW solo, how the hell did he come back lol, it seemed pretty definitive that he can't come back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post

Yeah SS, Wolverine and SW go way back, Wolvie might pop up later down the line, he's in Black Cat at the moment and will show up in an issue of Captain Marvel. Also are the Claws mini series set in the 616, Black Cat doesn't seem that acquainted with Wolverine in her last issue.

Thinking about SS in that SW solo, how the hell did he come back lol, it seemed pretty definitive that he can't come back lol
    I think the two "Claws" minis are supposed to be in-continuity but I could be wrong. I don't know if the events of those two minis were ever referenced but maybe someone in the Black Cat Appreciation Thread know the answer.

Yeah I'm not sure how SS can come back after what the Devil did to his soul, so if that's really him, I hope the writer will have a good explanation lol.

Thank you Hush for sharing the Kubert art!
    Thank you guys for sharing the wolverine solicitations for March.
    I didn't follow Savage Avengers since Wolverine left the group and I am not sure to pick it up again.
    I think Logan is in good hands now and I want to focus on xforce and Wolverine for now. And I am not interested in him joining another team!
    So I am going to get Wolverine, X Force and iWolverine.

Wolverine #1 was a fantastic start into the series and I love both stories.

I like the Bannister character and the Pale Girl is very intriguing (her ability to control people reminds me of the The Midwich Cockoos minus hive mind) I found it interesting that in the scene with the russian gangster the dead eye had the imprint of a snow storm into it. Kuberts art in the opening and ending scene of the first story highlights the snow flakes and I think this is an indication. So, for now, the implication that Wolverine killed the x force team does not bother me much. I am curious how this plays out.
    The story is solid and I love how Percy builds it up.
    Logan playing with the kids is sweet and I love his interaction with Kate, his reaction beeing caught playing with the kids and beeing teased about it. I love such quiet moments.
    I love also that Percy brings a human voice and view via Bannister into DoX stories and I appreciate it. Logan had always interactions and partners with humans during his solo series so this the right place to do it. I can't wait for them to interact!

I love that Logan struggles with the new Krakoan situation.
    Which brings me to the second story. Loved it. I love that it was brought up, what it means to welcome someone like Omega Red on Krakoa. Love the interaction Omega Red/Wolverine and Luise/Logan and the fights. This set up made me interested in the continuation of this story too.

Pencils and colours are stunning in both stories. Kubert and Martin, Bogdanovic and Wilson did a great job.

Percy's Wolverine brought Logan back to the Logan I became a fan of while reading his back issues up to those of 2003. IMO brought the Claremont, Hama interpretation of Wolverine into this Krakoan era and I am pretty happy with it. Overall I am pretty satisfied with this start for the Wolverine series and I hope the creative team continues their good work!

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC (A) • Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK GLEASON
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    DAYS OF FUTURE PAST VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    THE RED TAVERN!
    After getting dressed down by the Quiet Council for rogue activity, Wolverine escapes through his own secret gate to the Red Tavern, a snowbound, backwoods watering hole where he only wants to guzzle whiskey in peace. But Logan soon discovers that peace isn’t possible as a twist-and-turn murder mystery unfolds – and at the heart of it all is an enemy from the past.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Lol! So much Logan!
    Looking forward to that!

By the way, I love your new avatar!
    Love the new avatar GylT
    Thanks!

Wolverine #2
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...491525/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Thank you Hush for sharing the Kubert art!
    Thank you guys for sharing the wolverine solicitations for March.
    I didn't follow Savage Avengers since Wolverine left the group and I am not sure to pick it up again.
    I think Logan is in good hands now and I want to focus on xforce and Wolverine for now. And I am not interested in him joining another team!
    So I am going to get Wolverine, X Force and iWolverine.

Wolverine #1 was a fantastic start into the series and I love both stories.

I like the Bannister character and the Pale Girl is very intriguing (her ability to control people reminds me of the The Midwich Cockoos minus hive mind) I found it interesting that in the scene with the russian gangster the dead eye had the imprint of a snow storm into it. Kuberts art in the opening and ending scene of the first story highlights the snow flakes and I think this is an indication. So, for now, the implication that Wolverine killed the x force team does not bother me much. I am curious how this plays out.
    The story is solid and I love how Percy builds it up.
    Logan playing with the kids is sweet and I love his interaction with Kate, his reaction beeing caught playing with the kids and beeing teased about it. I love such quiet moments.
    I love also that Percy brings a human voice and view via Bannister into DoX stories and I appreciate it. Logan had always interactions and partners with humans during his solo series so this the right place to do it. I can't wait for them to interact!

I love that Logan struggles with the new Krakoan situation.
    Which brings me to the second story. Loved it. I love that it was brought up, what it means to welcome someone like Omega Red on Krakoa. Love the interaction Omega Red/Wolverine and Luise/Logan and the fights. This set up made me interested in the continuation of this story too.

Pencils and colours are stunning in both stories. Kubert and Martin, Bogdanovic and Wilson did a great job.

Percy's Wolverine brought Logan back to the Logan I became a fan of while reading his back issues up to those of 2003. IMO brought the Claremont, Hama interpretation of Wolverine into this Krakoan era and I am pretty happy with it. Overall I am pretty satisfied with this start for the Wolverine series and I hope the creative team continues their good work!

Lol! So much Logan!
    Looking forward to that!
    You're welcome! Great review and analysis, and I agree with what you said. This Logan sounds much more like the Logan from the past, a Logan that I miss for a long time and right now, Percy has been able to balance the two sides of Logan really well.

You're right it does bear some similarities to The Midwich Cuckoos, I was also thinking about Spore in the Review thread especially because of the side effects some of the users of this new drug suffered from and what the Russian Gangster said about the Pale Girl's powers. Speaking of the Russian Gangster, good catch about his eye!

tuck frump mentions in the Review Thread, that Jeff's daughter could be the Pale Girl, it could be an interesting twist if done well.

I agree about what happened in the first story, for now the setup seems too similar to a "Logan being manipulated into killing his friends" plotline but something didn't feel right in this scene so maybe there is more to it especially after what Percy said in an interview when he talked about Logan's memory and more especially about the uncertainty of his brain because of the number of times he has been brainwashed in the past. There is also the return of Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike and Cornelius in the next issue, at first I thought it was going to be a similar deal to what happened to OML, basically thinking he was fighting those three but in reality he was fighting QQ, Domino and Jean but yeah maybe it's something else.

Jeff is really great right now and yeah it's going to be interesting when/if both Jeff and Logan will have to work together.

Second story is my favorite too, the Logan/Omega Red interrogation scenes are perfect, I also really like the Louise/Logan Vampire hunting scenes too and the connection established between Logan's blood and people infected/cursed by Vampire Blood is really interesting (it also helps that this story was released just after the fantastic Castlevania trailer ) But seriously, I do wonder how the two stories are going to be connected down the line.

And yeah 100% agree, both artists and colorists did a fantastic job here!

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

it also helps that this story was released just after the fantastic Castlevania trailer )
    Glad to know that i wasn't the only one that though about that
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

You're welcome! Great review and analysis, and I agree with what you said. This Logan sounds much more like the Logan from the past, a Logan that I miss for a long time ........
    Second story is my favorite too, the Logan/Omega Red interrogation scenes are perfect, I also really like the Louise/Logan Vampire hunting scenes too and the connection established between Logan's blood and people infected/cursed by Vampire Blood is really interesting (it also helps that this story was released just after the fantastic Castlevania trailer ) But seriously, I do wonder how the two stories are going to be connected down the line.

And yeah 100% agree, both artists and colorists did a fantastic job here!

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks!

It might be the the data page about Bloodwork. Duggan let Wolverine revive Voodoo with his blood. The daughter has leukemia. Maybe Logan buys her more time by donating his blood, the way he did in the Christmas TAS episode with the morlocks.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-22-2020 at 05:46 AM.

Thanks you for sharing. Nice preview!
    So Wolverine also deals with mutants who go rogue outside Krakoa. Nice!

Thanks you for sharing. Nice preview!
    So Wolverine also deals with mutants who go rogue outside Krakoa. Nice!
    Make sense considering that he is a hunter, that job fit Wolverine like a glove
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Glad to know that i wasn't the only one that though about that
    With any luck, Logan will use a whip against Dracula

Thanks!

It might be the the data page about Bloodwork. Duggan let Wolverine revive Voodoo with his blood. The daughter has leukemia. Maybe Logan buys her more time by donating his blood, the way he did in the Christmas TAS episode with the morlocks.
    Yeah maybe Logan's blood and the daughter's disease is the connection, it could make sense, as you said his blood was used with Voodoo recently and it was also used to fix Theresa's vocal chords in the past (during the Liefeld's run).

When it comes Logan's blood and vampires, there was that whole era where Jubilee was a vampire and they were using Logan's blood to help her fight her vampire instincts, there was also that weird Vampire Clone created with a part of Logan's body and vampire ritual during the Wolverine/Blade one shot and now Dracula can survive when exposed to daylight thanks to his blood.
    The connection between his blood and the blood of people infected or cursed by vampires could lead to some interesting developments down the line.

Thinking about vampires, I wonder if Bloodscream will appear during the series and if Dracula will remember what OML did to him the last time lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-22-2020 at 09:55 AM.

On the Pale Girl:
    there was this Inhuman Mosaic, she could be similar. So she does not need to be a psychic.