Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

I like Muramasa, the blade and the character, because I like Logan in Japan stories. And I have a fanfic-y idea for a Wolverine as the chief of police in a small Japanese town populated mostly by mutants and Inhumans story.

Granted, those stories you mentioned were hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly, i had been spoiled by the bi-monthly books of this last few years, now i'm more impatient for issue 2 lol. Oh well small sacrifices, at least i still had Castlevania next to keep me distracted.
    Ah, I agree, we've been spoiled by the bi-monthly releases lol. You're right, we have Castlevania starting next week at least and since the discovery that Dracula would play a big role in this series, I've been re-reading the Tomb of Dracula series to get my vampire fix too!

As for the first story, i'm pretty much in agreetment, i enjoyed many of the things that were introduced, but that last plot point is a very tired one (especially after hearing OML crying about it for half of his run).
    Exactly! As you said it's a very tired plotline at this point especially after the OML ongoing, I remember Percy saying he didn't want to repeat the same old stories so with any luck there is more than meets the eye here.

Also glad to see that you and i arr the same mind about the Muramasa Blade, once i saw that image, horrible flashbacks came to me

I'm sure it's going to be an interesting crossover and I wanted to see Logan wielding a good sword once again but when I saw the blade I was so disappointed. Of all the swords Logan wielded through the years, they have to bring that damn blade back... the Monkey Paw strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I like Muramasa, the blade and the character, because I like Logan in Japan stories. And I have a fanfic-y idea for a Wolverine as the chief of police in a small Japanese town populated mostly by mutants and Inhumans story.

Granted, those stories you mentioned were hot garbage.
    Wolverine wielding a sword and having Japanese adventures is also something I like and something I missed a lot those last few years, it was one of the first thing I wanted to see when the character returned last year.

Sheriff Wolverine eh? I have to admit it's got a nice ring to it

I didn't want to use that word to describe those stories but well this sums up my thoughts perfectly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Ah, I agree, we've been spoiled by the bi-monthly releases lol. You're right, we have Castlevania starting next week at least and since the discovery that Dracula would play a big role in this series, I've been re-reading the Tomb of Dracula series to get my vampire fix too!

Exactly! As you said it's a very tired plotline at this point especially after the OML ongoing, I remember Percy saying he didn't want to repeat the same old stories so with any luck there is more than meets the eye here.

I'm sure it's going to be an interesting crossover and I wanted to see Logan wielding a good sword once again but when I saw the blade I was so disappointed. Of all the swords Logan wielded through the years, they have to bring that damn blade back... the Monkey Paw strikes again

Wolverine wielding a sword and having Japanese adventures is also something I like and something I missed a lot those last few years, it was one of the first thing I wanted to see when the character returned last year.

Sheriff Wolverine eh? I have to admit it's got a nice ring to it

I didn't want to use that word to describe those stories but well this sums up my thoughts perfectly lol.
    Never read Tomb of Dracula, is the Wolfman run the one that i should read?.

Did you just quote Transformers? .

Lol, nothing like shared pain. In all fairness the Muramasa blade does look cool and the concept of a weapon being forged by the rage and hate of a person is one that i kind of dig. But yeah, there is way too much horrible baggage tied with that thing, a simple katana would have been enought.

As for sheriff Wolverine, i could see an AU when he basically remplace chief Tai from his position on Madripoor lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

C2E2 Wolverine by David Finch

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9LfacWh2-e/

In last year's Wolverine: Exit Wounds #1, specifically the 10 page Aftermath story written by Chris Claremont which occurs just before the last 2 pages of Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #6 (from April, 1985), the young boy Raiden seems about 8-10 years old indicating his mother Hoshiko would need to be around thirty years of age in the story to have a child of that age. So it is likely Claremont intended her to have been born in the mid- to late-1950s.

If Hoshiko was born in the 1950s, her mother would have been born at the earliest in the mid-1930s, her grandmother 1915 or so, her great grandmother 1890 (although odd as that particular photo which I've uploaded to my comment here has Logan in military garb and I don’t recall the Canadians involved in attaché until the Russo-Japanese War), her great-great grandmother 1870 and great-great-great grandmother around 1845, and for Logan to marry her this would place him in Japan around the late 1860s.
    Aftermath.jpg
    So this story is much more significant than fans likely realised as it pushes the flashbacks in Wolverine #10 back to the early 19th century at least, since it’s obvious that Logan had yet to be trained by Ogun then. Chris intended Sabretooth to have named Wolverine after Mount Logan, which led most of us to believe that the northwestern frontier town placed the story as occurring during the Kluane Gold Rush which did not occur until 1903 and ended in 1904 (the Klondike gold rush beginning earlier in 1896).

The only frontier towns in the Northwest Territories inhabited prior to this were when the Hudson Bay Company had a monopoly in the area, so the late 1700s/ early 1800s.

In Uncanny X-Men #172, in conversation with Storm, Logan refers to himself as “…a roughneck Canadian mountain man”, a term commonly used to refer to Canadian fur traders, scouts and explorers associated with the North West Company, so does this suggest Tim Truman’s Wild Frontier story in Marvel Comics Presents was based on notes from Chris’s Wolverine bible (we know he left one behind for the X-Men as it's where Jeph Loeb drew his idea for Gamesmaster being Jeremy Stevens)? And was Sabretooth working for the Hudson Bay Company given they tended to employ pirates as privateers and this was how he ended up in Canada (what with him being introduced by Chris as a “modern-day pirate” in Iron Fist #14)?

The story also places Silver Fox’s death much earlier, so completely destroys Larry Hama revealed her to be alive during his Wolverine run.

While in Japan with the X-Men (cf. Uncanny X-Men #118), Wolverine mused “I was a punk kid last time I was in Japan. I didn’t figure on ever comin’ back.” It’s interesting that in Classic X-Men #24, Chris changed this internal dialogue to, “I was a punk kid first time I came to Japan. An’ the last time I left, I didn’t figure on ever coming back.” Was he attempting to reconcile Wolverine’s statements about Japan before Logan’s background had been more fully considered? Further, in Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #3 Claremont has Logan note that his first trip to Japan was longer ago than he cared to remember which somewhat works with this latest revelation. As to why he didn’t care to remember the period, was it because, like Kitty, Ogun had imprinted his psyche onto Logan’s, creating a psychic clone of himself inside his skull, and broken his spirit? Is this what Logan was referring to when in Uncanny X-Men #238, when in Genosha, he comments: “I’ve been a slave. Didn’t care much for it”?

BANNED

X-Force by Ken Haiser

BANNED

OTD 3 years ago.......

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    OTD 3 years ago.......

That is amazing!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wolverine #2
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...191809/photo/1

About Wolverine's precence in today's Black Cat: Black Cat #10 was a fun read!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 03-04-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Not a huge fan of any of those costumes actually. If I had to pick one, I’d go with the middle one. The art looks cool, though. I’m really liking his modernized brown and tan version of his X-Force uniform that he’s rocking now. Probably the best costume he’s had IMO.

BANNED

Wolverine by Dave Marquez

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Cool.
    Still like the brown outfit best, always have done.

That looks pretty cool. Marquez did a great job.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Been a bit since I saw the hot claws. I’m glad that was ignored.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.