Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It's Wolverine Week, BUB! | Marvel's Pull List:

You can see some new art from Wolverine, New Mutants, Marauders and Marvel Voices and according to the video:

spoilers:
    Wolverine will face the Immortal Hulk in Marvel Voices!
    end of spoilers

Wolverine #1 Party Sketch Variant:

Source: https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...94119813795840

And finally to celebrate the launch of the new Wolverine series, Matthew Rosenberg, Frank Tieri, Roy Thomas, Axel Alonso, Anne Nocenti, Robbie Thompson, Nick Lowe, Gerry Duggan and Fabian Nicieza share their favorite Wolverine story.

Source: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvel...o-wounded-wolf
    Thanks for the post man, although i'm trying to keep my expectatives lower this time. Right now we are in the Pre-Return of Wolverine #1 days and we have burnt before. Besides we haven't still found a remplacement for the cooking theory to keep things light lol.

Still i feel almost tempted to buy some of those variants. Curse my poverty.

Also, i don't see Logan winning that fight lol
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Thank you for sharing!

Oh Hush, do not lead me into temptation! ' Never say never again!' LOL!
    I am debating with myself to surrender so close before issue #1 dropping, but I can't resist. Here is my theory about the drugs(I put them into spoiler tags because maybe some do not want to read it):
    spoilers:
    Ok, we know due to the interviews, that the new drug is related to Krakoan human drugs. Right? One of the drugs heals mental illness.
    So, what if the drug of the flower cartel causes temporary mental illness. The kids seemed to be cannibalistic.
    And we have Wolverine maybe running amok, maybe the whole x force team. And we have some of Wolverines enemies appearing and one of them, Sabertooth, is fridged.
    end of spoilers

Well, we will see soon!
    Love the new avatar GylT

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thanks for the post man, although i'm trying to keep my expectatives lower this time. Right now we are in the Pre-Return of Wolverine #1 days and we have burnt before. Besides we haven't still found a remplacement for the cooking theory to keep things light lol.

Still i feel almost tempted to buy some of those variants. Curse my poverty.

Also, i don't see Logan winning that fight lol
    You're welcome!

I have to admit, despite trying to keep my expectations in check, I may be a little too hyped right now But yeah I do hope it won't end up like ROW or I'm done.

Replacing the cooking theory is going to be a difficult task, frankly I'm not sure if it's possible lol, but who knows maybe the first issue is going to help us create a new theory!

I will buy the first issue digitally but yeah I'm in the same boat when it comes to those variants, I'm also tempted to buy some of them since they look really good for sure but money is an issue. I'm not living in the U.S so it could really cost me a lot if I have to import some of them although maybe one day if I can find the Chipp Kid variant at a good price I will surely buy it, but for now I'm in no hurry.

Yeah I'm not sure if it's going to end well for the Ol' Canucklehead

So the first issue of Wolverine was really good! Love the way Logan was written here and the art was just perfect!

By the way I've read Marvel Voices and I can say that the 2 Wolverine stories are also really good!

The First one "Death" is written by Method Man and Daniel Dominguez, it's pencilled by Alitha E. Martinez with colors by Emilio Lopez;

spoilers:
    The story takes place a long time ago, I would say somewhere between Origin & Origin II and we see Logan meeting "Death" face to face for the first time at a time where he wanted to die after what happened to Rose.
    end of spoilers

It's a really short story that focus on Logan's relationship with Death and morality, really interesting stuff. The art is really good too!

The second one "Back to Madripoor" is written by David F. Walker and Chuck Brown, it's penciled by Sanford Greene with colors by Matt Herms:

spoilers:
    Logan is back in Madripoor and he's facing the Immortal Hulk although he's not the "Devil Hulk" but more like a mix between his Joe Fixit personality and the savage Hulk, the story also must takes place before Immortal Hulk #27.
    end of spoilers

Okay that one was good too and much more gritty and violent, Wolverine doesn't "kill" anyone but holy hell he doesn't hold back either lol. And that ending made me laugh

Speaking of the ending, there is a panel at the end, I'm not going to spoil it, but damn it's been a while since I have seen Logan doing that kind of thing to someone, really brutal. The art is really good too.

Congrats to the creative teams! I have to admit it's a great week for Wolverine fans
    Last edited by Hush; 02-19-2020 at 01:11 PM.

WOLVERINE's VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC Explains 'Gritty, Bloody, Smelly, Funny, Scary' Debut in DAWN OF X:

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/49055-vikt...dawn-of-x.html

Viktor Bogdanovic is coming back on art duties for the 4th issue which is going to start a new arc about the Omega Red storyline.

From Adam Kubert twitter account:

source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...25817406427136

Wolverine #1 is good. Solid writing and excellent art. I wish it had only one story. Both are good. I honestly have nothing bad to say about the book. Wolverine is short like he is supposed to be. Well there is one thing I don't generally like and that is showing the outcome to something and then telling the story in what is basically flashbacks. I don't like this in movies, television, novels or comic books and they need to stop doing it. Just tell the fucking story. The people that paid to watch or read it are going to watch or read it without having something "shocking" at the start to entice them to continue with the story. I paid $8.00 for one issue. I'm down no matter what.

Wolverine #2 by Adam Kubert:

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...68046260768769

To celebrate the launch of the new series, he also posted this famous page from Wolverine #90:

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...97649804402688

Wolverine May 2020 solicitations :

WOLVERINE #4

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC (A) • Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK GLEASON
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    DAYS OF FUTURE PAST VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    THE RED TAVERN!
    After getting dressed down by the Quiet Council for rogue activity, Wolverine escapes through his own secret gate to the Red Tavern, a snowbound, backwoods watering hole where he only wants to guzzle whiskey in peace. But Logan soon discovers that peace isn’t possible as a twist-and-turn murder mystery unfolds – and at the heart of it all is an enemy from the past.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

X-FORCE #11

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JOSHUA CASSARA (A) • Cover by Dustin Weaver
    RED DAWN!
    After taking on the Flower Cartel, Logan has brought back valuable intel to the mutant CIA. The non-treaty nation of Russia is working to undermine Krakoa – and may be aligned with Xeno. Beast wants Colossus on their side as the first drumbeats of war begin to sound.

2020 iWOLVERINE #1 (OF 2)

LARRY HAMA (W)
    ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
    Cover by Juan JOSÉ Ryp
    Variant cover by Mike Henderson
    • In the wake of Arno Stark’s crusade against A.I.s, no robot is safe.
    • Fearing of Elsie Dee’s safety in these tumultuous times, Albert, the robot Wolverine, goes to Madripoor to find her…
    • …but what he finds is a fight against Madripoor’s criminal underbelly instead!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Source: https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...s-for-may-2020
    Last edited by Hush; 02-20-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Wolverine #2 by Adam Kubert:

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...68046260768769

To celebrate the launch of the new series, he also posted this famous page from Wolverine #90:

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...97649804402688
    Hopefully Kubert can top that fight, he already accepted the challenge after all.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wolverine May 2020 solicitations :

WOLVERINE #4

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC (A) • Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK GLEASON
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    DAYS OF FUTURE PAST VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    THE RED TAVERN!
    After getting dressed down by the Quiet Council for rogue activity, Wolverine escapes through his own secret gate to the Red Tavern, a snowbound, backwoods watering hole where he only wants to guzzle whiskey in peace. But Logan soon discovers that peace isn’t possible as a twist-and-turn murder mystery unfolds – and at the heart of it all is an enemy from the past.

X-FORCE #11

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • JOSHUA CASSARA (A) • Cover by Dustin Weaver
    RED DAWN!
    After taking on the Flower Cartel, Logan has brought back valuable intel to the mutant CIA. The non-treaty nation of Russia is working to undermine Krakoa – and may be aligned with Xeno. Beast wants Colossus on their side as the first drumbeats of war begin to sound.

Source: https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...s-for-may-2020
    Huh, so Wolverine and X-Force plots are going to connect directly?, oh well at the very least we are getting a Colossus/Logan vs Omega Red, nothing better for bonding time between the boys

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Hopefully Kubert can top that fight, he already accepted the challenge after all.
    Damn I hope so, it's still one of the most visually impressive fights between Wolverine and Sabretooth.

Huh, so Wolverine and X-Force plots are going to connect directly?, oh well at the very least we are getting a Colossus/Logan vs Omega Red, nothing better for bonding time between the boys
    Yeah I'm surprised, it seems this Flower Cartel plot is going to have a bigger impact than I thought. So true about Wolverine and Colossus, Omega Red will serve a "positive" purpose for once lol.

BANNED

SAVAGE AVENGERS #13

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Patch Zircher (A) • Cover by VALERIO GIANGIORDANO
    The Savage Avengers assemble! Wolverine, Conan, Dr. Strange, Elektra, Black Widow, Hellstrom, Voodoo, Magik...and more. The heroes draw up a battle plan against Kulan Gath, and you’ll be thrilled as Conan wields a most unexpected weapon in the fight against darkness.

X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS EXTENDED CUT #2 (OF 2)

Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by BRENT ANDERSON
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    Variant cover by BRENT ANDERSON
    The Uncanny X-Men. Magneto, master of magnetism. The bitterest of enemies for years. But now they must join forces against a new adversary who threatens not only mutantkind, but all of humanity beside it…in the name of God. The members of the Stryker Crusade are poised to cleanse the Earth, no matter how much blood stains their hands. Chris Claremont and Brent Anderson’s influential X-Men story is re-presented with all-new pages from the legendary creators themselves!
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

THE MARVEL ART OF ADAM KUBERT HC

Written by JESS HARROLD
    Penciled by ADAM KUBERT
    Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    The son of an industry pioneer who became a comic book legend in his own right, Adam Kubert’s momentous contribution to the Marvel Universe is celebrated in this lavishly illustrated art book! Follow his career from the WOLVERINE and UNCANNY X-MEN runs that made him a fan-favorite through his sensational stints illustrating such Marvel icons as the Hulk, Spider-Man and Captain America — including his modernized versions of classic characters in ULTIMATE X-MEN and ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR! And don’t forget blockbuster series such as ASTONISHING SPIDER-MAN & WOLVERINE and AVENGERS VS. X-MEN! Featuring behind-the-scenes artwork demonstrating Kubert’s creative process, a gallery of rarely seen variant covers and a vast array of action-packed images from his three-decade-long association with the House of Ideas — including his recent return to WOLVERINE for the Dawn of X!
    224 PGS./Rated T+ …$50.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92380-8
    Trim size: 8-1/2 x 10-7/8

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/49122-marv...citations.html
    Last edited by Hush; 02-20-2020 at 02:27 PM.

BANNED

That SA cover looks good. Guess Savage will be going for a last ride.

Damn I hope so, it's still one of the most visually impressive fights between Wolverine and Sabretooth.

Yeah I'm surprised, it seems this Flower Cartel plot is going to have a bigger impact than I thought. So true about Wolverine and Colossus, Omega Red will serve a "positive" purpose for once lol.
    Nothing better for bonding time than beating a serial killer on the loose.

Also i haven't read Savage Avengers since issue 5, how has been the series since that arc.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona