Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If memory serves wasn't logans adamantium a special batch ? There were several blends of adamantium out there but logans was a more pure version. If they ever delve deep in to the science of the metal I'd expect Laura's to be a softer version. I hope we get a adamantium info page.

Well looks like Marvel just revealed an Adamantium Variant for Wolverine #1, perfect timing lol:

Source: https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics

Mico Suayan Wolverine #1 Variants:

Source: https://unknowncomicbooks.com/collections/x-men

@Hush
    Its like if they don't get a Enemy of the State tier debut for a rogue they're pretty much thrown straight into the rubbish.
    Bringing up EotS I'lm a little mixed on what there doing with Gorgon, not really into him taking orders or not commanding armies of Hand, hope Percy does something more with him if he's allowed.

Has there been any recent modern cover swipes for Wolverine books other than Hulk 340/181 or W1. Seems like none of covers from the 2000s beyond has picked up..

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    He is such a nuisance lol
    Hoping both stories are set in the dox era, getting bored of stuff set in the past that aren't developed or continued on like that previous annual.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Will this enough for now lol? Guess who has drawn this.

People are still drawing stuff from that movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Why not?

10 chars

BANNED

I thought Logan is one of your favourite CBMs. Dell'Otto's favorite CBM is Logan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Well looks like Marvel just revealed an Adamantium Variant for Wolverine #1, perfect timing lol:

Source: https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics

Mico Suayan Wolverine #1 Variants:

Source: https://unknowncomicbooks.com/collections/x-men
    Can't they just give it a rest to this homage cover and focus on other covers. There are so many other great covers from Claremont's run

@Hush
    Its like if they don't get a Enemy of the State tier debut for a rogue they're pretty much thrown straight into the rubbish.
    Bringing up EotS I'lm a little mixed on what there doing with Gorgon, not really into him taking orders or not commanding armies of Hand, hope Percy does something more with him if he's allowed.
    That's true, Gorgon is really one of the few Wolverine villains created in recent years that is still used consistently, he really become a big player in the Marvel Universe after EoTS and yeah I also hope Percy will be allowed to use him.

I do agree, it's strange seeing him taking orders and not leading the Hand anymore, Hickman seems to like the character, as seen with his works on Secret Warriors and the first arc of Avengers World so maybe he has a plan for him down the line beyond just being one of the commander of Krakoa. I admit seeing him telling he's seen the errors of his ways, that he's now enlighted and that he has no problems being led by mutants who understand war better than him was so strange.

Losing both Gorgon and Sabretooth as antagonists is problematic right now, I would have loved to see the two of them fight for the control of the Hand with Wolverine trapped in the middle of the conflict. At least it was mentioned that Cyclops consulted Logan before appointing Gorgon as one of the commander so maybe he's keeping an eye on him, still, that scene where Logan gave him a beer is something I didn't like and something almost out of character for Logan, because no way he would forgive Gorgon for what this monster did to him, to Mariko and to the son of her cousin.

But who knows, maybe it's just Logan playing along for now, at least I hope so.

Has there been any recent modern cover swipes for Wolverine books other than Hulk 340/181 or W1. Seems like none of covers from the 2000s beyond has picked up..
    I was wondering the same thing, it's strange they're not using recent modern covers swipes for the variants such as the covers of Wolverine Vol 2 #159, #167, #171, #173, #185, #300, #307, Wolverine Vol 3 #3, #20, #31 #66, #70, #71, #72, some covers from the Wolverine: Weapon X series, the Jae Lee covers from Volume 4 or even the Alan Davis cover of the first issue of Wolverine Vol 5.

Thinking about it, Marvel could also do another videogame variant like they did during Killable with Zelda II, it could be fun too:

Can't they just give it a rest to this homage cover and focus on other covers. There are so many other great covers from Claremont's run
    Yeah using other covers, especially the ones from the Claremont's run like you said, could be interesting such as #173, #196, #205, #207, #213, #234, #251, #258 or #268 for example (#268 has been used during House of X though) although I understand why they're using this cover as an homage variant so much, it's iconic and it always sells a lot. Beyond the covers from the Claremont's run or the original Wolverine ongoing, I think the one from X-Men Vol 2 #5 could be perfect as a new variant especially with the return of Omega Red:

Last edited by Hush; 01-25-2020 at 07:17 AM.

BANNED

That's true, Gorgon is really one of the few Wolverine villains created in recent years that is still used consistently, he really become a big player in the Marvel Universe after EoTS and yeah I also hope Percy will be allowed to use him.

I do agree, it's strange seeing him taking orders and not leading the Hand anymore, Hickman seems to like the character, as seen with his works on Secret Warriors and the first arc of Avengers World so maybe he has a plan for him down the line beyond just being one of the commander of Krakoa. I admit seeing him telling he's seen the errors of his ways, that he's now enlighted and that he has no problems being led by mutants who understand war better than him was so strange.

Losing both Gorgon and Sabretooth as antagonists is problematic right now, I would have loved to see the two of them fight for the control of the Hand with Wolverine trapped in the middle of the conflict. At least it was mentioned that Cyclops consulted Logan before appointing Gorgon as one of the commander so maybe he's keeping an eye on him, still, that scene where Logan gave him a beer is something I didn't like and something almost out of character for Logan, because no way he would forgive Gorgon for what this monster did to him, to Mariko and to the son of her cousin.

I was wondering the same thing, it's strange they're not using recent modern covers swipes for the variants such as the covers of Wolverine Vol 2 #159, #167, #171, #173, #185, #300, #307, Wolverine Vol 3 #3, #20, #31 #66, #70, #71, #72, some covers from the Wolverine: Weapon X series, the Jae Lee covers from Volume 4 or even the Alan Davis cover of the first issue of Wolverine Vol 5.

Thinking about it, Marvel could also do another videogame variant like they did during Killable with Zelda II, it could be fun too:

Yeah using other covers, especially the ones from the Claremont's run like you said, could be interesting such as #173, #196, #205, #207, #213, #234, #251, #258 or #268 for example (#268 has been used during House of X though) although I understand why they're using this cover as an homage variant so much, it's iconic and it always sells a lot. Beyond the covers from the Claremont's run or the original Wolverine ongoing, I think the one from X-Men Vol 2 #5 could be perfect as a new variant especially with the return of Omega Red:

Yeah, Omega Red's return would have suited this variant. I personally would have liked Uncanny X-Men #211 cover given it would have also highlighted other characters and his brown tan suit. It's one of my favorite covers. Jae Lee's style is truly iconic

Yeah, Omega Red's return would have suited this variant. I personally would have liked Uncanny X-Men #211 cover given it would have also highlighted other characters and his brown tan suit. It's one of my favorite covers.
    Good choice, this is such a great cover by John Romita Jr. & Bob Wiacek and I agree it would make a great variant cover!

Jae Lee's style is truly iconic.
    So true, one of the best artist in the comic industry, I was blown away the first time I saw his art on Namor during the 90s! Speaking of Jae Lee and Wolverine, I love this cool artwork he did for an X-Men pre-paid phone card back in the 90s showcasing a fight between Wolverine and Omega Red:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/coolcomic...18912730697728

I also found this amazing Wolverine vs. Sabretooth jam piece by Jae Lee, Jim Cheung, Tom Raney and Tradd Moore:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/coolcomic...02209655459841

Lets hope that the new villain isn't another Persephone lol. But yeah, Logan's Rogue Gallery needs to have some quality again. At the very least, i think that we can expect a decent Sabretooth from Percy.

Man i just tried to read that issue with Omega Red a few months ago. It was good, but it took me some time to finish it, it hasn't aged very well.

Also i followed your reccomendation and started to wacth Ash vs Evil Dead, all i can say....is that i should have started it sooner lol
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Good choice, this is such a great cover by John Romita Jr. & Bob Wiacek and I agree it would make a great variant cover!

So true, one of the best artist in the comic industry, I was blown away the first time I saw his art on Namor during the 90s! Speaking of Jae Lee and Wolverine, I love this cool artwork he did for an X-Men pre-paid phone card back in the 90s showcasing a fight between Wolverine and Omega Red:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/coolcomic...18912730697728

I also found this amazing Wolverine vs. Sabretooth jam piece by Jae Lee, Jim Cheung, Tom Raney and Tradd Moore:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/coolcomic...02209655459841
    I really want to see a good well drawn and intense battle between Creed and Logan again. At the same level than the one in Uncanny #213.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah honestly each time they tried to add something to explain the Creed/Logan feud it felt flat. Lmao Origins by Way, this series is such a mess.
    To be honest, there is already a solid enough reason for it. Victor wants to destroy any sort of illusion that Logan has about being a man, because things like morality or good and evil are idotic notions from his point of view.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be honest, there is already a solid enough reason for it. Victor wants to destroy any sort of illusion that Logan has about being a man, because things like morality or good and evil are idotic notions from his point of view.
    It could also be a case of some form of jealousy. Creed finds someone eerily similar to himself, but that person is also quite different. Initially Creed tries to mold this youngster into what he thinks he should be. He tries over and over to break Logan, to force him to understand Creed's philosophy and way of life, to prove a point. Not only does the Runt recover and resist, but he manages to find a balance that Creed can't. Logan can be an animal, but he can also be an honorable man. Logan then meets several different groups of people that recognize his feral nature, but still respect him as a human being. A pattern develops. Creed increases his efforts to drive home his point. Logan starts beating him. Logan increasingly becomes a more integral part of the X-Men. Logan has cemented his place in a pack. Creed has no pack, either because none will have him, or he has murdered all that would be a part of it. Logan has not only surpassed him as a man, but as an animal as well. The lone wolf is not as dominant as the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Nice cover. Omega Red has always been one of my favorite Wolverine villains.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!