Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lets hope that the new villain isn't another Persephone lol. But yeah, Logan's Rogue Gallery needs to have some quality again. At the very least, i think that we can expect a decent Sabretooth from Percy.

Man i just tried to read that issue with Omega Red a few months ago. It was good, but it took me some time to finish it, it hasn't aged very well.

Also i followed your reccomendation and started to wacth Ash vs Evil Dead, all i can say....is that i should have started it sooner lol
    Let's hope so lol. Not sure if he will be able to use Sabretooth but yeah, I'm curious to see what they're going to do with him.

I have to agree, it's a really important storyline and the art is great but damn it's a slog to go through it, some of the dialogues are just not good. Now to be honest, I have the same problem with most of the X-Men comics from the 90s, it's almost unreadable to me lol.

Hell yeah Ash vs Evil Dead is amazing!!!! Glad that you're enjoying it, I'm still sad we won't get another season.

I really want to see a good well drawn and intense battle between Creed and Logan again. At the same level than the one in Uncanny #213.
    So true! I think the last time I found their battle intense was during the Tieri's run, the one in Wolverine #166 was short but brutal:

And of course the one in #175 is amazing even with Logan missing his powers.

To be honest, there is already a solid enough reason for it. Victor wants to destroy any sort of illusion that Logan has about being a man, because things like morality or good and evil are idotic notions from his point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    It could also be a case of some form of jealousy. Creed finds someone eerily similar to himself, but that person is also quite different. Initially Creed tries to mold this youngster into what he thinks he should be. He tries over and over to break Logan, to force him to understand Creed's philosophy and way of life, to prove a point. Not only does the Runt recover and resist, but he manages to find a balance that Creed can't. Logan can be an animal, but he can also be an honorable man. Logan then meets several different groups of people that recognize his feral nature, but still respect him as a human being. A pattern develops. Creed increases his efforts to drive home his point. Logan starts beating him. Logan increasingly becomes a more integral part of the X-Men. Logan has cemented his place in a pack. Creed has no pack, either because none will have him, or he has murdered all that would be a part of it. Logan has not only surpassed him as a man, but as an animal as well. The lone wolf is not as dominant as the pack.
    100% agree with both of you, the origin of their rivalry was perfect in the past, there never was any need to add new twists.
    Last edited by Hush; 01-27-2020 at 02:20 PM.

From AIPT X-Men Monday:

That's a really good interview, Chris Hassan did a great job!

Some interesting tidbits from the interview:

What Percy likes about Wolverine:

"But I love, as a reader and writer, his history of violence and his want for atonement, his shaken jigsaw puzzle of a memory, his primal urges and hunger for the extreme, the tough guy shell that hides a big heart, and the way his invulnerability has made him especially protective of the vulnerable."

The tone of the stories:

"The cool thing about this first issue–which offers two stories, each one 30-pages long–is that we’re able to flex different storytelling muscles. The Flower Cartel storyline is influenced principally by No Country for Old Men and Memento–but Heat remains a central inspiration (you’ll see that in the conflicts and alliances between the Flower Cartel, CIA and mutants).

Then there’s the Omega Red storyline (titled “Catacombs”), which is more of a horror mystery, partly inspired by The Silence of the Lambs (imagine Omega Red as Hannibal Lecter… and then you’ll just have to wait and see who Buffalo Bill is…)."

Logan living on Krakoa:

"Enemies are allies. The person you were trying to kill–or the person who was trying to kill you–is now a neighbor. Everything’s shifting. And so is the island (which changes shape constantly). So Logan is treating the geography of this place–and his relationship with its citizens–like one big Danger Room. The Omega Red storyline really gets into the meat of this idea."

Check out the rest of the interview, lot of interesting details (Percy reveals some of his favorite Wolverine stories and gives more informations about what to expect from the series):

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...enjamin-percy/

Also Wolverine #1 by Viktor Bogdanovic:

Source: https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic
    Last edited by Hush; 01-27-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Why not?

10 chars
    Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I thought Logan is one of your favourite CBMs. Dell'Otto's favorite CBM is Logan
    No it is, i should've phrased that differently, just surprised to see people doing art for old comic book movies.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Can't they just give it a rest to this homage cover and focus on other covers. There are so many other great covers from Claremont's run
    Pretty lazy too, the contrast was just switched around as Hulk looks off colour in the x force variant

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That's true, Gorgon is really one of the few Wolverine villains created in recent years that is still used consistently, he really become a big player in the Marvel Universe after EoTS and yeah I also hope Percy will be allowed to use him.

I do agree, it's strange seeing him taking orders and not leading the Hand anymore, Hickman seems to like the character, as seen with his works on Secret Warriors and the first arc of Avengers World so maybe he has a plan for him down the line beyond just being one of the commander of Krakoa. I admit seeing him telling he's seen the errors of his ways, that he's now enlighted and that he has no problems being led by mutants who understand war better than him was so strange.

Losing both Gorgon and Sabretooth as antagonists is problematic right now, I would have loved to see the two of them fight for the control of the Hand with Wolverine trapped in the middle of the conflict. At least it was mentioned that Cyclops consulted Logan before appointing Gorgon as one of the commander so maybe he's keeping an eye on him, still, that scene where Logan gave him a beer is something I didn't like and something almost out of character for Logan, because no way he would forgive Gorgon for what this monster did to him, to Mariko and to the son of her cousin.

But who knows, maybe it's just Logan playing along for now, at least I hope so.

I was wondering the same thing, it's strange they're not using recent modern covers swipes for the variants such as the covers of Wolverine Vol 2 #159, #167, #171, #173, #185, #300, #307, Wolverine Vol 3 #3, #20, #31 #66, #70, #71, #72, some covers from the Wolverine: Weapon X series, the Jae Lee covers from Volume 4 or even the Alan Davis cover of the first issue of Wolverine Vol 5.

Thinking about it, Marvel could also do another videogame variant like they did during Killable with Zelda II, it could be fun too:

Yeah using other covers, especially the ones from the Claremont's run like you said, could be interesting such as #173, #196, #205, #207, #213, #234, #251, #258 or #268 for example (#268 has been used during House of X though) although I understand why they're using this cover as an homage variant so much, it's iconic and it always sells a lot. Beyond the covers from the Claremont's run or the original Wolverine ongoing, I think the one from X-Men Vol 2 #5 could be perfect as a new variant especially with the return of Omega Red:

If that's true, then that's enough for me lol
    I feel like some of Deodato's OML covers have swipe potential. Miss the guys 2000's style art work, he's too reliant on models now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    If that's true, then that's enough for me lol
    I feel like some of Deodato's OML covers have swipe potential. Miss the guys 2000's style art work, he's too reliant on models now.
    It was in one of the "white page" during the 4th issue of X-Men:

It was a nice detail added by Hickman, at least Logan is keeping an eye on this guy lol.

I agree about Deodato, I still like his style but I also prefer his style from the 00s and yeah some of the OML covers could make great variant covers (the ones from the Scarlet Samurai & Moon Over Madripoor arcs for example).

Wolverine #1 Variant by Skottie Young:

Source: https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...00020397551618

It was in one of the "white page" during the 4th issue of X-Men:

It was a nice detail added by Hickman, at least Logan is keeping an eye on this guy lol.

I agree about Deodato, I still like his style but I also prefer his style from the 00s and yeah some of the OML covers could make great variant covers (the ones from the Scarlet Samurai & Moon Over Madripoor arcs for example).
    Nice, wonder what got Hickman into Gorgon as a character

Seems okay, luckily i skipped over this one and got the Alex Ross cover. They're revealing them pretty slowly, so far all pretty good, but none have wow me.

Also any guesses on who the BB character will be in Percy's run?
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 01-27-2020 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

"The cool thing about this first issue–which offers two stories, each one 30-pages long–is that we’re able to flex different storytelling muscles. The Flower Cartel storyline is influenced principally by No Country for Old Men and Memento–but Heat remains a central inspiration (you’ll see that in the conflicts and alliances between the Flower Cartel, CIA and mutants).

Then there’s the Omega Red storyline (titled “Catacombs”), which is more of a horror mystery, partly inspired by The Silence of the Lambs (imagine Omega Red as Hannibal Lecter… and then you’ll just have to wait and see who Buffalo Bill is…)."
    Ok I am having GOOSEBUMPS. I loved Nolan's Memento. Nolan is so good. Memento will actually suit Logan in the wrong way . Coen Brothers have done pretty good films especially No Country For Old Men. It is a good western film. If Omega Red is Hannibal Lectar then DAMn it will be so horrifying LMAO. Heat is actually a good crime film but most due to acting performances of Pacino and De Niro.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-27-2020 at 09:52 PM.

BANNED

That's a cute Skottie Young cover.

BANNED

Seems okay, luckily i skipped over this one and got the Alex Ross cover. They're revealing them pretty slowly, so far all pretty good, but none have wow me.

Also any guesses on who the BB character will be in Percy's run?
    Honestly, I want a David Finch cover or even Leinil Yu cover. Not really invested in this covers but Tony S Daniel's cover looks good. Alex Ross is too busy with Summers lol.

BANNED

"Enemies are allies. The person you were trying to kill–or the person who was trying to kill you–is now a neighbor. Everything’s shifting. And so is the island (which changes shape constantly). So Logan is treating the geography of this place–and his relationship with its citizens–like one big Danger Room. The Omega Red storyline really gets into the meat of this idea."
    Interesting. I think that is one of the reasons Apocalpyse is appearing in one of his issues.

Great interview! I am looking forward to Percy's Wolverine. Can't wait to see his take on Logan in this new situation!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 01-27-2020 at 11:50 PM.

About that...

You ever read Secret Warriors?

Let's hope so lol. Not sure if he will be able to use Sabretooth but yeah, I'm curious to see what they're going to do with him.

I have to agree, it's a really important storyline and the art is great but damn it's a slog to go through it, some of the dialogues are just not good. Now to be honest, I have the same problem with most of the X-Men comics from the 90s, it's almost unreadable to me lol.

Hell yeah Ash vs Evil Dead is amazing!!!! Glad that you're enjoying it, I'm still sad we won't get another season.

So true! I think the last time I found their battle intense was during the Tieri's run, the one in Wolverine #166 was short but brutal:

And of course the one in #175 is amazing even with Logan missing his powers.

100% agree with both of you, the origin of their rivalry was perfect in the past, there never was any need to add new twists.
    Yeah, a lot of the early 90s X-Men hasn't aged well at all and maybe some stuff from CC run in the late 80s.

In the words of Ash "Groovy"

Ah the Tieri fight, honestly i wish that modern comic books put more effort in action scenes this day, they are an important part in the fun factor of reading a comic.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona