Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the early 90s X-Men hasn't aged well at all and maybe some stuff from CC run in the late 80s.

In the words of Ash "Groovy"

Ah the Tieri fight, honestly i wish that modern comic books put more effort in action scenes this day, they are an important part in the fun factor of reading a comic.
    I read the collection: Return of Weapon x (issues #159-176), and I really enjoyed it!
    #181-189 will be next!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 01-28-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    I read the collection: Return of Weapon x (issues #159-176), and I really enjoyed it!
    #181-189 will be next!
    That's the best part of Tieri's run, the rest is of mixed quality.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ok then!
    The Hunted and The Logan Files are really good!

BANNED

I believe Chasers and Three Funerals of a Wedding was one of the coolest showings for Logan. Arguably the most coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Seems okay, luckily i skipped over this one and got the Alex Ross cover. They're revealing them pretty slowly, so far all pretty good, but none have wow me.

Also any guesses on who the BB character will be in Percy's run?
    The Ross variant for Wolverine #1 is really good, I also like the variant he did for DOW:

As for who BB could be, maybe it's someone that Omega Red met a long time ago or recently. Looking at his past, he was already a serial killer who kidnapped and murdered a lot of young girls even before becoming Omega Red, so it could make sense to use him in the "Hannibal Lecter" role if Wolverine needs to track a serial killer.

Thinking about it, maybe Banshee (Sean Cassidy) will appear and help Logan too, he's the one who stopped Rossovitch the first time around when he was still with Interpol.

If "BB" isn't a new character but an old one, maybe it's a serial killer Logan faced in the past, maybe someone with some connection to Omega Red or maybe both. The Omega Clan, Sabretooth (if he somehow escapes from Krakoa), Cyber (if he goes back to his old identity), Deathstrike, Mr.X, Rot, etc... the list is long lol.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Ok I am having GOOSEBUMPS. I loved Nolan's Memento. Nolan is so good. Memento will actually suit Logan in the wrong way . Coen Brothers have done pretty good films especially No Country For Old Men. It is a good western film. If Omega Red is Hannibal Lectar then DAMn it will be so horrifying LMAO. Heat is actually a good crime film but most due to acting performances of Pacino and De Niro.
    Yeah Percy is a big fan of those movies, that's something he mentioned recently during an interview when he was asked about the new characters that are going to appear in the series:

"We want to draw from that existing well, because it’s a rich one, but we also want to create our own characters. For instance you’ll soon meet Jeff Bannister, a CIA agent who’s a mix of Felix Leiter, Lebowski, and Chief Hopper. And the Pale Girl, who is an enforcer for the Flower Cartel and bears some resemblance to the Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men."

Source: https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfi...=IN01092072434

This "Pale Girl" character could have a lot of potential and be a great antagonist! It's been a while since I watched No Country for Old Men, but I still remember how scary Anton Chigurh was in this movie.

Last edited by Hush; 01-28-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Yeah, a lot of the early 90s X-Men hasn't aged well at all and maybe some stuff from CC run in the late 80s.
    I agree, even though I like the majority of the Claremont's run some of the last issues can be difficult to read unfortunately. It seems the writers that took over Uncanny X-Men/X-Men after he left, really tried to emulate his style but well it wasn't as good in my opinion.

In the words of Ash "Groovy"
    Hell yeah Ash FTW!!!!!!!!!

Ah the Tieri fight, honestly i wish that modern comic books put more effort in action scenes this day, they are an important part in the fun factor of reading a comic.
    I agree and it's really a shame, I think one of the last fighting scenes that I really enjoyed in a modern Marvel comics is the one between Elektra and Iron Fist during the Defenders series, it's damn good:

It's a shame they've wasted Marquez's beautiful art during HFW. Same thing with Declan Shalvey, the action scenes he did during Moon Knight are crazy and yet in ROW, it's just bland and boring, I guess it shows how much the script is as important as the art when it comes to good action scenes in comic books.

It's funny but some time ago, someone mentioned on twitter that Wolverine #90 was still one of the greatest fight between Wolverine and Sabretooth, he then asked if anyone will ever be able to top this action scene.

Adam Kubert accepted the challenge:

https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...60896302596096

Ok then!
    The Hunted and The Logan Files are really good!
    Those two stories are really good especially the Logan Files!

If you enjoyed the Hunted and Logan Files stories, give a try to the Weapon X series by Tieri, it continues the Weapon X storyline. It's a really good series which was unfortunately cut short.

I also like issues #181 to #185 especially #181 but yeah it's different in tone compared to the previous issues by Tieri. Issue #183 features the cast of one of my favorite TV Show, so bonus points for that lol.

I'm not a fan of issues #186 to #189 though.

Nice! Detective Wolverine is on the case!

Marvel Voices #1 sneak peek, unfortunately I don't know who is the artist but the colorist is Emilio Lopez:

https://twitter.com/EMannLand/status...46197507825665

Honestly, I want a David Finch cover or even Leinil Yu cover. Not really invested in this covers but Tony S Daniel's cover looks good. Alex Ross is too busy with Summers lol.

Cover B is a Ross cover, looks old to be honest.
    Have you seen Yu's recent X covers?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    About that...

You ever read Secret Warriors?
    Does either IF or DD ko Gorgon with a fly kick in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    The Ross variant for Wolverine #1 is really good, I also like the variant he did for DOW:

As for who BB could be, maybe it's someone that Omega Red met a long time ago or recently. Looking at his past, he was already a serial killer who kidnapped and murdered a lot of young girls even before becoming Omega Red, so it could make sense to use him in the "Hannibal Lecter" role if Wolverine needs to track a serial killer.

Thinking about it, maybe Banshee (Sean Cassidy) will appear and help Logan too, he's the one who stopped Rossovitch the first time around when he was still with Interpol.

If "BB" isn't a new character but an old one, maybe it's a serial killer Logan faced in the past, maybe someone with some connection to Omega Red or maybe both. The Omega Clan, Sabretooth (if he somehow escapes from Krakoa), Cyber (if he goes back to his old identity), Deathstrike, Mr.X, Rot, etc... the list is long lol.

Yeah Percy is a big fan of those movies, that's something he mentioned recently during an interview when he was asked about the new characters that are going to appear in the series:

"We want to draw from that existing well, because it’s a rich one, but we also want to create our own characters. For instance you’ll soon meet Jeff Bannister, a CIA agent who’s a mix of Felix Leiter, Lebowski, and Chief Hopper. And the Pale Girl, who is an enforcer for the Flower Cartel and bears some resemblance to the Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men."

This "Pale Girl" character could have a lot of potential and be a great antagonist! It's been a while since I watched No Country for Old Men, but I still remember how scary Anton Chigurh was in this movie.

Maybe someone from the Omega Clan, although i have a good feeling its a OG character since most recent writers are spitting them out by the dozen hoping they'll pick off and get some lovely royalties.

DoW had pretty amazing variants, my favourite was the gamestop variant, not sure how to post big images on here..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    T

Chigurh's character from No Country for Old Men resembles a lot with another character from Coen's previous films, especially Fargo. Chigurh was so much unpredictable and not to mention he kills people with an oxygen tank

BANNED

[/B]

Cover B is a Ross cover, looks old to be honest.
    Have you seen Yu's recent X covers?

Does either IF or DD ko Gorgon with a fly kick in that?
    Some people are disliking his covers but those covers feel fine to me but interiors have degraded. Yu draws a decent Wolverine though.

#181-189 will be next!
    Tieri’s run is an all time favorite of mine. It’s bonkers with pretty good over arching plot.

Maybe someone from the Omega Clan, although i have a good feeling its a OG character since most recent writers are spitting them out by the dozen hoping they'll pick off and get some lovely royalties.
    So true lol.

DoW had pretty amazing variants, my favourite was the gamestop variant, not sure how to post big images on here..
    This one?

It looks really good!

[/B]Does either IF or DD ko Gorgon with a fly kick in that?
    That was during New Avengers by Bendis if I'm not mistaken, the Gorgon during Hickman's Secret Warriors joined Hydra once again and faced the god of Fear Phobos:

And during Hickman & Spencer Avengers World, he faces Shang-Chi

Those two fights are just epic!!!!!!

Chigurh's character from No Country for Old Men resembles a lot with another character from Coen's previous films, especially Fargo. Chigurh was so much unpredictable and not to mention he kills people with an oxygen tank
    He was really unpredictable, and good catch about Fargo!

X-men #5 was good but I expected much more especially after how much Marvel hyped this issue:

spoilers:
    I really enjoyed the Logan/Laura scenes (Hickman did a much better job here compared to what Taylor did during the Generations one shot IMO) and the return of the Children of the Vault but beyond that this issue feels like another issue that set up several future storylines, nothing wrong with that for sure but I hope the payoff will be worth it. I do wonder what the trio is going to look like after 500 years though because what Xavier said at the end is really troubling.
    end of spoilers

The art and the colors are really good, just some minor nitpicks but I'm not a fan of how the ears on Wolverine's mask are drawn on some panel and his arms should be more hairy too lol.

So yeah it's still good but this issue felt too short to me, I was really expecting a little more.

X-Force #6 was great as always, this issue focuses a little more on Beast:

spoilers:
    Hank is doing some messed up things and it's going to bite him in the ass soon lol. I knew the intelligence side would do some shady things especially after what Beast said in the last issue but oh boy things are going to get ugly really fast.
    end of spoilers

This book really feels like the flagship title to be honest, good team dynamics and great characterization and I really like the art by Segovia. So yeah good stuff, next two issues should focus on Domino and Colossus so we should learn what's going on with Colossus soon.

In other news, a classic Wolverine foe also appears in today Ravencroft issue:

spoilers:
    Mr. X
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hush; 01-29-2020 at 07:26 AM.