Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I haven't read Ravencroft yet. But since the one that you have appeared in this issue. I am guessing that it was Frank Tieri. I will give it try.

As for Hickman, honestly give it some time for his comics it pays off most of the time especially for Hickman. I have read most of his comics from Indie and Marvel and they have similar patterns. If u have read the previous issue there are pieces and elements that remain truncated but they will either come together in my opinion. In this case, I believe all of this will continue on Children of the Atom.

X-Force was pretty good. Beast was insufferable as always but it seemed more like Remender's Dark Beast, therefore, it's better tbh. I am eagerly waiting for the next issue. There will be some enticing drama between Colossus and Domino

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Tieri’s run is an all time favorite of mine. It’s bonkers with pretty good over arching plot.
    Issue #181 reminds of Pulp Fiction's last seen especially the conversation with those thugs.

"God i never got sick of that smell. (the other guy)Smell ?What Smell?What the f#$# are u talking about. Sweeter than fresher rolled Havana Gold.(other guy) What the h#&^ are u talking about?

FEAR."

Snikt.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I haven't read Ravencroft yet. But since the one that you have appeared in this issue. I am guessing that it was Frank Tieri. I will give it try.
    He only appeared on 1-2 pages, so it was a nice cameo but maybe he will appear more in the next issues and yeah it's written by Tieri.

As for Hickman, honestly give it some time for his comics it pays off most of the time especially for Hickman. I have read most of his comics from Indie and Marvel and they have similar patterns. If u have read the previous issue there are pieces and elements that remain truncated but they will either come together in my opinion. In this case, I believe all of this will continue on Children of the Atom.
    Yeah I hope so, I've also read most of Hickman's works (I'm still waiting for the end of Black Monday Murders and maybe one day a follow up to Manhattan Project) in tpb/Omnibus so the pacing of his stories and his "world building" was never a problem for me (except during Secret Wars that I followed monthly, those delays killed me at the time lol). It can be a little difficult to follow his work on a monthly schedule but I agree with you I'm sure most of his plotlines are going to end up fine.

I will keep following his X-Men series in tpb in the future (after issue #9), it will read better that way for me.

I don't know in which book this storyline will continue, maybe this mysterious "X-Corp" book that was teased some time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the new title and its creative team next month.

X-Force was pretty good. Beast was insufferable as always but it seemed more like Remender's Dark Beast, therefore, it's better tbh. I am eagerly waiting for the next issue. There will be some enticing drama between Colossus and Domino
    I agree, Beast is one bad day away from becoming the Dark Beast at this rate lol. Yeah I'm really interested in what's going to happen between Domino & Colossus, they were fun together in the past!

Issue #181 reminds of Pulp Fiction's last seen especially the conversation with those thugs.

"God i never got sick of that smell. (the other guy)Smell ?What Smell?What the f#$# are u talking about. Sweeter than fresher rolled Havana Gold.(other guy) What the h#&^ are u talking about?

FEAR."

Snikt.

Such a great scene:

Last edited by Hush; 01-29-2020 at 12:38 PM.

From the upcoming Wolverine ongoing by Adam Kubert:

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...53499349807104

BANNED

I haven't read Black Monday Murders yet but Hickman's East of West seems really good. He has a good prowess American History and Horsemen of Apocalypse that's for sure.
    I will be reading that Ravencroft once I can time for that. Tieri is one of the most consistent writers I have seen in Marvel. He is actually second to Larry Hama to Wolverine writers list and Mr. X is a pretty cool character.

I haven't read Black Monday Murders yet but Hickman's East of West seems really good. He has a good prowess American History and Horsemen of Apocalypse that's for sure.
    I will be reading that Ravencroft once I can time for that. Tieri is one of the most consistent writers I have seen in Marvel. He is actually second to Larry Hama to Wolverine writers list and Mr. X is a pretty cool character.
    Black Monday Murders is really good and in my opinion East of West is Hickman's best work! Manhattan Project is amazing too but unfortunately the series has been on hold for years now. As much as I like his Ultimate work, his FF, his Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars saga and HOX/POX, I still think Secret Warriors is the best thing he did at Marvel, such a fantastic series!

Tieri is really one of the best Wolverine writers, if you enjoyed his run on the Wolverine ongoing you should try to read Savage Wolverine #20. It's a story set during the Prohibition era where you see Wolverine facing a famous Gangster and meeting a familiar foe.

Not Tieri's best work but still really entertaining!

Wolverine #1 by Viktor Bogdanovic:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VikBogdan...95911472709632

Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey and Emma Frost by Russell Dauterman:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/rdauterma...95053817163777

Wolverine #1 Variant Covers by Greg Horn:

Source: https://ultimatecomics.com/shop/vari...t-virgin-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    X-men #5 was good but I expected much more especially after how much Marvel hyped this issue:

spoilers:
    I really enjoyed the Logan/Laura scenes (Hickman did a much better job here compared to what Taylor did during the Generations one shot IMO) and the return of the Children of the Vault but beyond that this issue feels like another issue that set up several future storylines, nothing wrong with that for sure but I hope the payoff will be worth it. I do wonder what the trio is going to look like after 500 years though because what Xavier said at the end is really troubling.
    end of spoilers

The art and the colors are really good, just some minor nitpicks but I'm not a fan of how the ears on Wolverine's mask are drawn on some panel and his arms should be more hairy too lol.

So yeah it's still good but this issue felt too short to me, I was really expecting a little more.
    This issue left me with appetite for more, and even if it leads to another x book, the wait for this storyline to appear again is to long, since a new book whould start in May. That is my problem with this set up issues.
    The art was great, especially the scenes in the voult. I agree on the mask.
    I have not read the story of the first appearence of the children, only the summerization, but this seems a very interseting set up.
    The ending was intriguing. And I wonder what it has in store for Logan and Laura, since Laura is set to appear in x- force and Logan's Wolverine ongoing.

spoilers:
    Their interaction was ok, but Lauras bodylanguage felt a little bit of during their banter, if this was supposed to be a friendly banter and humourous. It looked more like complaining to me. I have some problems how to interpret the scene. Well, i think it served its purpose, that they both are going by Wolverine now.
    I hope the ending will lead into good stories for Synch, Darwin and Laura. Well, the ending opens interesting opportunities for future. I just wonder what it means for Wolverine and his relationship to Laura, since she will return as the older and more expierenced in combat (after surviving 530+ years in an hostile enviroment).
    end of spoilers

X-Force #6 was great as always, this issue focuses a little more on Beast:

spoilers:
    Hank is doing some messed up things and it's going to bite him in the ass soon lol. I knew the intelligence side would do some shady things especially after what Beast said in the last issue but oh boy things are going to get ugly really fast.
    end of spoilers

This book really feels like the flagship title to be honest, good team dynamics and great characterization and I really like the art by Segovia. So yeah good stuff, next two issues should focus on Domino and Colossus so we should learn what's going on with Colossus soon.
    I agree on everything you posted about the issue. Beast is close to becoming dark Beast.I am looking forward to the next issues.

In other news, a classic Wolverine foe also appears in today Ravencroft issue:

spoilers:
    Mr. X
    end of spoilers
    Cool

From the upcoming Wolverine ongoing by Adam Kubert:

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...53499349807104
    Thank you for sharing. Looks like the Krakoan healing garden. Wonder why Wolverine will need it. Maybe issue #2 deals with a really strong drug then.

From Kuberts twitter. The inking is not ready yet, but I think that the underlying pencils have the vines in it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1223055070280986624
    Last edited by Gylfie; 01-31-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Wolverine #1 by Viktor Bogdanovic:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VikBogdan...95911472709632
    Really creepy! Man, I count down the remaining days now!

BANNED

Black Monday Murders is really good and in my opinion East of West is Hickman's best work! Manhattan Project is amazing too but unfortunately the series has been on hold for years now. As much as I like his Ultimate work, his FF, his Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars saga and HOX/POX, I still think Secret Warriors is the best thing he did at Marvel, such a fantastic series!

Tieri is really one of the best Wolverine writers, if you enjoyed his run on the Wolverine ongoing you should try to read Savage Wolverine #20. It's a story set during the Prohibition era where you see Wolverine facing a famous Gangster and meeting a familiar foe.

Not Tieri's best work but still really entertaining!
    I haven't read Savage Wolverine yet. I think I will be buying once I finish Logan's MCP run(not Weapon X). I like crime comics, especially Brubaker's but Black Monday also seems cool.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-31-2020 at 09:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Really creepy! Man, I count down the remaining days now!
    This looks like Greg Capullo has actually drawn this panel lol. I think this guy is Chigurh lolol.

This looks like Greg Capullo has actually drawn this panel lol. I think this guy is Chigurh lolol.
    Was not Chigurh the insperation for The Pale Girl?

BANNED

Was not Chigurh the insperation for The Pale Girl?
    Yes. I was only kidding.

Yes. I was only kidding.
    LOL!
    So is it Buffalo Bill or Lecter?

BANNED

LOL!
    So is it Buffalo Bill or Lecter?
    Maybe it's Lecter. Who knows. Maybe it's Omega Red Lmao.