Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    This issue left me with appetite for more, and even if it leads to another x book, the wait for this storyline to appear again is to long, since a new book whould start in May. That is my problem with this set up issues.
    The art was great, especially the scenes in the voult. I agree on the mask.
    I have not read the story of the first appearence of the children, only the summerization, but this seems a very interseting set up.
    The ending was intriguing. And I wonder what it has in store for Logan and Laura, since Laura is set to appear in x- force and Logan's Wolverine ongoing.

spoilers:
    Their interaction was ok, but Lauras bodylanguage felt a little bit of during their banter, if this was supposed to be a friendly banter and humourous. It looked more like complaining to me. I have some problems how to interpret the scene. Well, i think it served its purpose, that they both are going by Wolverine now.
    I hope the ending will lead into good stories for Synch, Darwin and Laura. Well, the ending opens interesting opportunities for future. I just wonder what it means for Wolverine and his relationship to Laura, since she will return as the older and more expierenced in combat (after surviving 530+ years in an hostile enviroment).
    end of spoilers
    I think it was a mix of a banter and a joke at least that's how I understood it lol.

spoilers:
    Yeah, staying more than 500 years inside that vault could lead to an interesting status quo, it reminds me of the children of tomorrow story Hickman wrote during his Ultimate Comics Ultimates run and more especially to what happened to the Ultimate version of Reed Richards. Basically he created a place called 'the Dome' and stayed in here for more than 900 years (time works differently inside this place) alongside his followers. His followers evolved into perfect super-human beings while Reed Richards emerged as a complete different character and with a new codename "The Maker".

Something funny but if Laura is now older than Logan and if they keep the father/daughter relationship between the two of them, it could become something similar to the Cyclops/Cable relationship where Cable used to be older than Scott lol.
    end of spoilers

I agree on everything you posted about the issue. Beast is close to becoming dark Beast.I am looking forward to the next issues.
    Beast is heading down a dangerous path that's for sure, but the Xavier's confession is also really troubling when you think about it.

Thank you for sharing. Looks like the Krakoan healing garden. Wonder why Wolverine will need it. Maybe issue #2 deals with a really strong drug then.

From Kuberts twitter. The inking is not ready yet, but I think that the underlying pencils have the vines in it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1223055070280986624
    Nice! You're right it looks like there are some vines, but yeah maybe it has something to do with purging his body from this new drug.
    Last edited by Hush; 01-31-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I haven't read Savage Wolverine yet. I think I will be buying once I finish Logan's MCP run(not Weapon X). I like crime comics, especially Brubaker's but Black Monday also seems cool.
    I love crime comics too and Brubaker is one the best in this genre! I'm not sure if you read it but 100 Bullets by Brian Azzarello/Eduardo Risso and Scalped by Jason Aaron/R. M. Guéra are really good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I think it was a mix of a banter and a joke at least that's how I understood it lol.

spoilers:
    Yeah, staying more than 500 years inside that vault could lead to an interesting status quo, it reminds me of the children of tomorrow story Hickman wrote during his Ultimate Comics Ultimates run and more especially to what happened to the Ultimate version of Reed Richards. Basically he created a place called 'the Dome' and stayed in here for more than 900 years (time works differently inside this place) alongside his followers. His followers evolved into perfect super-human beings while Reed Richards emerged as a complete different character, with a new codename "The Maker" and a new appearance.

Something funny but if Laura is now older than Logan and if they keep the father/daughter relationship between the two of them, it could become something similar to the Cyclops/Cable relationship where Cable used to look older than Scott lol.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the info.
    Yes exactly, this would make their relationship quite amusing. lol

The Xavier confession is very disturbing. I agree.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 01-31-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Oh, the height difference is just delightful!

Thank you for sharing. Looks like the Krakoan healing garden. Wonder why Wolverine will need it. Maybe issue #2 deals with a really strong drug then.

From Kuberts twitter. The inking is not ready yet, but I think that the underlying pencils have the vines in it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1223055070280986624
    Maybe that’s where he goes after he’s reborn, and the vines are pumping liquid adamantium into his bones to restore his adamantium? Essentially a new and improved version of the process that gave it to him in the first place, where the plants essentially numb him to the pain? That would be very, very cool IMO.

Especially if one of his enemies were to come in and interrupt the process, leaving him with the bone claws for a bit. I rather loved that period of Wolverine history when he was more vulnerable and had not only no adamantium but also no healing factor! Also drawn by the great Adam Kubert. Some of his best work ever IMO.

Hell Yeah! Patch is back!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the preview, it looks great!

BANNED

Hell Yeah. Mr. Patch is back in action. I will be having this on my pull list next week.

Look at that height difference! Glad someone remembered Wolverine was a short guy!

I hope this continues not just for number 1:
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-02.html
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...ance-reorders/

The variant cover of Tony Daniel is freaking awesome. I'm kinda lazy to quote it, lol.

I really hope that the solo does well, writing wise, but I trust Percy now. Funny, that I kept saying Zeb Wells should write the solo (before Percy got announced) since he wrote best Wolverine story in Savage Wolverine. At least he's writing Hellions, which I'm excited about. I think when it got announced, I was like the 3rd or 4th person to be excited, and the rest were all negatives, lol. Not sure if the folks changed their mind now, regardless still getting it because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Maybe that’s where he goes after he’s reborn, and the vines are pumping liquid adamantium into his bones to restore his adamantium? Essentially a new and improved version of the process that gave it to him in the first place, where the plants essentially numb him to the pain? That would be very, very cool IMO.

Especially if one of his enemies were to come in and interrupt the process, leaving him with the bone claws for a bit. I rather loved that period of Wolverine history when he was more vulnerable and had not only no adamantium but also no healing factor! Also drawn by the great Adam Kubert. Some of his best work ever IMO.
    The vines and the liquid adamantium could be a fun concept!

As much as I like the Hama/Kubert era, we've just got 2 years of Old Man Logan with both adamantium claws and bone claws and a weakened healing factor, so I'm not sure if I want to see those things again anytime soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I wonder if the first issue will beat the numbers of the first issue of DOW, it could be difficult especially because of the price but yeah it's good news. I think the quality of the current X-Force should also boost the sales and maybe attract the readers who were undecided about this book.

The variant cover of Tony Daniel is freaking awesome. I'm kinda lazy to quote it, lol.
    I agree, it's a really good variant!

I really hope that the solo does well, writing wise, but I trust Percy now. Funny, that I kept saying Zeb Wells should write the solo (before Percy got announced) since he wrote best Wolverine story in Savage Wolverine. At least he's writing Hellions, which I'm excited about. I think when it got announced, I was like the 3rd or 4th person to be excited, and the rest were all negatives, lol. Not sure if the folks changed their mind now, regardless still getting it because of him.
    I agree! Zeb Wells proved several times in the past that he was a great writer with New Mutants, the Spider-Man franchise or Wolverine so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Hellions turns out to be a great book too! And well Segovia is on art duties so that's good news too!

I remember that little story about Spider-Man & Wolverine that he wrote way back in 2009:

I'm not going to spoil the twist but just know it's a fun little story even though I think Logan is a little too hard on himself but when you look when the story takes place I guess it makes sense.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-01-2020 at 09:33 AM.

This is a nice series of tweets and a really nice gesture from Adam Kubert & Frank Martin Jr.

For those who don't know, a twitter user named Yantono Liong created a really cool Wolverine comic a year ago and decided to share a sample portfolio of it with C.B Cebulski, Benjamin Percy & Adam Kubert on twitter to celebrate the launch of the new Wolverine ongoing this month. Frank Martin Jr. saw the tweet and decided to color one panel, Adam Kubert decided to ink the same panel and they both encouraged the artist to keep up their great work.

You can follow the whole story here:

https://twitter.com/YantonoLiong/sta...41557150076929

Thank you for sharing, biswaboxz!
    Last edited by Hush; 02-02-2020 at 01:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    This is a nice series of tweets and a really nice gesture from Adam Kubert & Frank Martin Jr.

For those who don't know, a twitter user named Yantono Liong created a really cool Wolverine comic a year ago and he decided to share a sample portfolio of it with C.B Cebulski, Benjamin Percy & Adam Kubert on twitter to celebrate the launch of the new Wolverine ongoing this month. Frank Martin Jr. saw the tweet and decided to color one panel, Adam Kubert decided to ink the same panel and they both encouraged the artist to keep up his great work.

You can follow the whole story here:

https://twitter.com/YantonoLiong/sta...41557150076929
    He/She has great potential. Glad to know that Frank Martin and Adam Kubert acknowledged it. Honestly, there are several talented artists who can draw Wolverine pretty cool but there are few writers who have true potential to revive this character.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    He/She has great potential. Glad to know that Frank Martin and Adam Kubert acknowledged it. Honestly, there are several talented artists who can draw Wolverine pretty cool but there are few writers who have true potential to revive this character.
    Yeah this artist really has a lot of potential!

I have to agree with you, writing Wolverine seems to be really difficult task for a lot of writers especially since the 2000s. I think the problem comes from the fact that we've had so many different interpretations of the character through the years so it can now be difficult to find the right "voice" and the right characterization for Wolverine nowadays. The several retcons added to his backstory and the editorial influence in the past also didn't help lol.

For now, Percy has done a great job with Wolverine during his X-Force series and this new status-quo could lead to some interesting developments especially with all the X-books writers and editors working together. With any luck this decade could be a new "golden age" for the character!