Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    More or less what i would have say. I also had a hard time recomending Aaron's run because there is a lot of bad mixed with the good. I personally found the "Revenge" story arc ridiculous even if the idea has some merit, everything after that is just decent at best or mediocre at worst (except for the Doop issue of.course that was a masterpiece lol).
    Yeah things went too far to the point it was kind of ridiculous in the end and honestly the twist with the Mongrels was obvious, either they were Logan's children or Creed's children (thinking about it making them Creed's children would have been a great way to connect this story to the last arc of Uncanny X-Force) and it was a twist Aaron already did in the past. Lmao at the Doop issue, the best thing ever!!!!

Seriously I hope Doop will appear in the Wolverine series, those two are amazing together, I remember the Wolverine/Doop mini by Peter Milligan & Darwyn Cooke, it was so crazy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    You are right, you convinced me here. But my problem with the Aaron run is, "The Wolverine goes to hell", "wolverine vs. X men", " Wolverine's revenge" combination, which digged the hole deeper. If he would have him go on a route looking for atonement instead, which could have been spinned out of "A Mile In My Moccasins", this would have been better.IMO!
    I agree about the Revenge story, it really dug the hole deeper like you said, even though I like the setup and some of the flashbacks, in the end I think Aaron really needed a story to "break" the character (as a culmination to everything that happened to Logan since House of M) in order to have him move on in a new direction where he would have found redemption, which I guess is why we had Schism/WATXM/Amazing X-Men afterwards, but honestly the character changed too much as a result to the point he became unrecognizable to me.

I also agree about following on "A Mile in My Moccasins", it could have led to some really interesting developments down the line, but honestly as long as they don't retcon what Way and Loeb did, the character and the whole franchise will never be able to completely move on in my opinion.

Argh, forgot about that. But I ignore Way's origins stuff,LOL!
    I'm still trying to forget this series too lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-06-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Wolverine #1 C2E2 Gerald Parel Exclusive Variant:

Source: https://twitter.com/SouthSideComics/...04451993731075

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Wolverine #1 C2E2 Gerald Parel Exclusive Variant:

It's missing the strip of color down the bridge of the nose.

Spectacular Member

Is Wolverine a sports fan?

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    It's missing the strip of color down the bridge of the nose.
    Yeah it seems a lot of artists miss this detail unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Is Wolverine a sports fan?
    Yeah he is:

Speaking of sport, he also enjoys a good workout:

BANNED

Yeah he is:

Yikes, everything about Tieri's run is just so......coooool. Would have loved to seem him back as regular Wolverine. He writes him the way Weapon X suppose to be. Something that resembles those good' ole days of Claremont's Uncanny, MCP and Wolverine

Spectacular Member

Yeah he is:

Awesome. Who's the artist on the workout page? Jim Lee?

BANNED

That's Adam Kubert.

BANNED

lol

One thing I can say about the Way's run is that the art was good even though I think Dillon's style didn't fit this series, it worked better during the Punisher run he did with Ennis and Aaron.

I agree about Elektra & Wolverine, I really like their dynamic together and I hope we're going to see them team-up again down the line. And you're right, the AOA Weapon X mini by Hama/Kubert was amazing, same thing with the Tieri & the Rucka runs.

I'm not a fan of Brubaker's run on X-Men even though I think he had some good idea at the time (except Deadly Genesis, I don't like this story at all), but in my opinion it's his weakest work. Lobdell's run seems to be loved by many people but honestly I wasn't really impressed by it when I read it for the first time.

An underrated X-Men run is the Joe Kelly's run IMO, this one was really interesting but unfortunately it was cut short.
    I think it actually suited it. Steve Dillion is known for comics like Ennis's Preacher which were pretty bloodlusted lol. I think Brubaker's run has ups and downs but I loved his Messiah Complex. It was good to see Silvestri back in action. On that note a lot of 2000s comics are really good until Disney took over and X-Men and Wolverine's status quo downhill then thereafter. Deadly Genesis might be the worst retcon in X-Men comics but for Wolverine fans we all which one it was. But still the X-Men tie-in over War of Kings and Realms of Kings. Then there is Messiah War, Carey's run(Children of the Vault) etc etc. X-Men were all over the place during those times and in a good way unlike Bendis.

I haven't read most of the 90's X-Men comics, therefore, can't really say about it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Doesn’t his Patch persona technically predate his Wolverine persona? I seem to remember a WW2 era flashback where he’s Patch at the Princess Bar involving Nazis and the like. So maybe it’s more them connected that Wolverine is really Patch.
    While Patch as a persona or nick-name may have been used in earlier timelines later on in the comics, what most would call the "Classic Patch" era refers to MCP/Save the Tyger and the early Wolverine solo as written by Chris Claremont and mostly penciled by John Buscema. The tail end of it ends with Larry Hama and Marc Silvestri. Nothing after Wolverine # 33 would I consider "Classic Patch". Certainly nothing written by Daniel Way.

BANNED

While Patch as a persona or nick-name may have been used in earlier timelines later on in the comics, what most would call the "Classic Patch" era refers to MCP/Save the Tyger and the early Wolverine solo as written by Chris Claremont and mostly penciled by John Buscema. The tail end of it ends with Larry Hama and Marc Silvestri. Nothing after Wolverine # 33 would I consider "Classic Patch". Certainly nothing written by Daniel Way.
    I think it was cameo appearance for Patch because it was kinda iconic. He wasn't even the centre of the plot anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I think it was cameo appearance for Patch because it was kinda iconic. He wasn't even the centre of the plot anyway.
    What are you talking about? I was talking about the Patch disguise not working on Spider-Woman in Wolverine # 14-15 during the "Classic Patch/Madripoor era". WeaponX is talking about the Uncanny X-Men # 268 Wolverine/Captain America flashback, of which Logan was very much central to the plot. While he may be in Madripoor he is not using the Patch persona and it does not take place during the Classic Patch era. Classic Patch is post Siege Perilous, Uncanny X-Men # 268 takes place in the 40's.

BANNED

What are you talking about? I was talking about the Patch disguise not working on Spider-Woman in Wolverine # 14-15 during the "Classic Patch/Madripoor era". WeaponX is talking about the Uncanny X-Men # 268 Wolverine/Captain America flashback, of which Logan was very much central to the plot. While he may be in Madripoor he is not using the Patch persona and it does not take place during the Classic Patch era. Classic Patch is post Siege Perilous, Uncanny X-Men # 268 takes place in the 40's.
    Oh ok. I just thought that you referenced Black Cat's recent comic issue. My bad. I take it back.

Yikes, everything about Tieri's run is just so......coooool. Would have loved to seem him back as regular Wolverine. He writes him the way Weapon X suppose to be. Something that resembles those good' ole days of Claremont's Uncanny, MCP and Wolverine
    Yeah I really miss him writing some Wolverine stuff, with any luck he will write the character again during the Ravencroft mini.

Like biswaboxz said it's Adam Kubert, the same artist who is going to draw the new Wolverine ongoing

I think it actually suited it. Steve Dillion is known for comics like Ennis's Preacher which were pretty bloodlusted lol. I think Brubaker's run has ups and downs but I loved his Messiah Complex. It was good to see Silvestri back in action. On that note a lot of 2000s comics are really good until Disney took over and X-Men and Wolverine's status quo downhill then thereafter. Deadly Genesis might be the worst retcon in X-Men comics but for Wolverine fans we all which one it was. But still the X-Men tie-in over War of Kings and Realms of Kings. Then there is Messiah War, Carey's run(Children of the Vault) etc etc. X-Men were all over the place during those times and in a good way unlike Bendis.

I haven't read most of the 90's X-Men comics, therefore, can't really say about it.
    That's true about Dillon especially when you also look at his work on Hellblazer but I dunno something always felt off with his style during this series or whenever he penciled superheroes wearing their costume for me, I'm not sure how to explain it but his Wolverine didn't look like Wolverine for me but more like someone cosplaying Wolverine, same thing with Captain America, Bucky, Omega red or Cyber. I'm not sure why lol.

That's why I think his style worked well on Preacher, Punisher or Hellblazer there was almost no superheroes during those runs lol (except during the Punisher series when Daredevil and Spider-man appeared in costume).

I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not a big fan of most of the X-Men comics post House of M, so I lost interest in the franchise before Disney bought Marvel but yeah after the buyout, the quality of the X-Men comics suffered a lot. Messiah Complex was good (although I don't like what they did to Bishop which is why I'm not a fan of Messiah War), I like Carey's adjectiveless X-Men run (not a fan of Ramos' art though), his legacy run was mostly good too except for that horrible Original Sin crossover he did with Way.

I think my favorite X-Men era are the 80s/early 90s and the early 00s before House of M.

To be honest, when it comes to Wolverine everything written by Daniel Way should be ignored lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-06-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Art from the upcoming Wolverine series by Viktor Bogdanovic:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VikBogdan...35980817571846