Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I had heard that Wolverine was getting his solo book, but I hadn’t looked at any of the preview art available. It looks pretty good!

Also, I am living for that Jean and Logan moment! They’re so cute together!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

hoping hes new comic is good
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Wolverine's making an appearance in an upcoming Black Cat comic! I had no idea, but I think it'll be fun. She's robbing his place in Madripoor.

Happy 2020 to my favorite mutant (and one of my top ten favorite male superheroes), bar none. Finally, the original Logan is back jack! I'm so excited!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Just counting the days until the solo launches. I have absolute faith in Percy to deliver a fantastic run.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Wolverine's making an appearance in an upcoming Black Cat comic! I had no idea, but I think it'll be fun. She's robbing his place in Madripoor.
    Yeah it looks like it's going to be a fun adventure, Kris Anka posted some art for this story on his twitter account:

He also posted this one although I'm not sure if it's for this story (Wolverine's costume is slightly different compared to the one is currently wearing)

Source: https://twitter.com/kristaferanka

Several new variants for the upcoming Wolverine #1:

Razzah Party Variant:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/QuixoticC...94050578354176

Dell'Otto Variant:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/MidtownCo...48623155396609

Jee Hyung Lee Variant:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/QuixoticC...50978463223808

Chip Kid Die-Cut Variant Cover (fans of Wolverine #50 Die-Cut Variant will love this one):

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Benjamin_...21523810930690

And finally some nice art from Wolverine #1 by Viktor Bogdanovic:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VikBogdan...42460495118337

All very cool! My favorite is the Jee Hyung Lee variant. I usually like Dell’Otto’s artwork, but the eyes here look a little weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    All very cool! My favorite is the Jee Hyung Lee variant. I usually like Dell’Otto’s artwork, but the eyes here look a little weird to me.
    The Hyung Lee and Razzah variants are my favorites but I have to admit the Chip Kidd's variant is cool too! I do agree about the Dell'Otto's variant, something seems off with Wolverine's eyes, he looks even more crazy than usual
    Last edited by Hush; 01-06-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

loved this moment from todays x force
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Logan is so badass and so sweet at the same time. I'm happy he's back.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interview with B. Percy about the Wolverine ongoing with some more details:
    https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfi...=IN01092072434

...If you’ve listened to the two seasons of the podcast series I wrote for Marvel, then you’ve already witnessed my take on Wolverine at his worst. The first season was the Alaskan equivalent of Unforgiven: a man with a history of violence who had escaped society, escaped to the ends of the Earth, but his want for atonement means that he can’t help but be drawn back into the fray. In Season 2, you saw him more on a journey toward empathy.

In a way, you could say that the work I’m doing on Wolverine now is an extension of that. Not in terms of continuity, but rather his character arc. In Wolverine #1, Logan has never been in a better place. He has a home. He’s surrounded by his family (and by family I don’t just mean Daken and Laura, but also the Summers and his father-figure of Xavier and the larger community of mutants on Krakoa). He has a clear purpose, and though he doesn’t believe fully in the great experiment of Xavier’s dream, he’s more optimistic than we’ve ever seen him. He’d never use the word himself, but could he possibly be…happy?....

....DF: What is the general storyline going forward in Wolverine?

Benjamin Percy: The Flower Cartel is a crime saga storyline that introduces pollen, the hottest drug on the streets, a black market version of the medicinal petals the mutants are providing treaty nations. So Wolverine is the savage detective on the case. Beware the pale girl….

Another storyline concerns Omega Red, who appears on Krakoa one day, stumbling breathlessly through the gate, covered in blood. “I understand,” he growls, “that you’re offering amnesty.” A menacing, twist-and-turn horror/mystery follows. I guarantee the end will make your jaw drop as it opens up a whole treasure chest of horrors and threats to come. There will be blood…

And then you’re eventually going to get introduced to an organization known as The Legacy House.

Oh, and then there’s an epic event we’ll unleash titled The ____ _______ ___ Wolverine. But I can’t tell you anything about that. Or ___, ____, or _____. Stay tuned. You’re in for it.

DF: Even though a part of the X-Men, even among the Avengers, Logan seemed a loner. Can you tell us of any recurring fellow X-Men or perhaps new characters that will be featured in these pages as we crack that first issue open in February?

Benjamin Percy: He’s a loner…who’s constantly and reluctantly dragged into team scenarios…and sometimes he walks away better for it.

In our Wolverine solo series, he’ll team up on occasion with some of his fellow X-Men (like Magneto and Kid Omega)—and on other occasions, he’ll brawl alongside (or up against) characters from the larger Marvel universe (like _____ and ______).

We want to draw from that existing well, because it’s a rich one, but we also want to create our own characters. For instance you’ll soon meet Jeff Bannister, a CIA agent who’s a mix of Felix Leiter, Lebowski, and Chief Hopper. And the Pale Girl, who is an enforcer for the Flower Cartel and bears some resemblance to the Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men....

And
    ..DF: What can you tell us about the world you and artists Viktor Bogdanovic and legendary Adam Kubert are building for Logan? Does it link up to Krakoa and the rest of Homo Superior, or does this book feature isolated tales like the first volume by Chris Claremont did?

Benjamin Percy: In January of 2019, all the X writers headed out to New York for our first summit. Hickman had built a garden, and he wanted to know what we were going to grow in it. The intense, intimate collaboration has continued ever since. We’ve had a second summit. We have a third planned. And we’re on Slack or texting or emailing or calling every day. We’re telling our own individual stories, but we’re also telling one big story. Even when storylines seem to wander away from Krakoa—as in New Mutants—the implications of that narrative will boomerang back.

So my answer is yes and no. Wolverine is very much a part of the fabric of Krakoa—and the larger superstructure of the dawn of X—but there will also be isolated stories…and eventually he may go his own way…yet the narrative will always be connected to and impacted by that original Krakoan garden from which this new dawn sprung....
    Last edited by Gylfie; 01-09-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Happy new year to all Wolverine fans. And i'm glad to see Hush and Gyl still here, i hope that you enjoyed the celebrations.
    Hallo TheCape nice to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Several new variants for the upcoming Wolverine #1:

Razzah Party Variant:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/QuixoticC...94050578354176
    LOL!

Hush thank you for the art teases!

Wolverine ongoing Viktor Bogdanovic art teases:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/VikBogdan...052865/photo/1

And an older one: