Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If you mean right now, Percy and Hickman had a decent take on him.

If you are talking about the past, is a toss out between Claremont, Barry W Smith or Larry Hama.
    Hickman's take on Wolverine isn't that much Wolverine as most people think(except for Wolverine and Kurt from HOX #4). Past works(I mean from 80's and 90's) aren't that much augmented as much as Frank Tieri.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    which main x-men writer do you think understand wolverine the best?
    I prefer Claremont's, Barry W Smith's or Larry Hama's take. I love Tieri's ' The Logan Files' and 'The Hunted', but what came after this was to much of the a%$hole site of the spectrum for me. I prefer 'Not Dead Yet' by Ellis over this.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-08-2020 at 07:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    I prefer Claremont's, Barry W Smith's or Larry Hama's take. I love Tieri's ' The Logan Files' and 'The Hunted', but what came after this was to much of the a%$hole site of the spectrum for me.
    Everything from Tieri's run is much better than what came after. It's not just Logan Files and Hunted.

If you look at what came later, you might be right. But that is up for personal preference.

BANNED

If you look at what came later, you might be right. But that is up for personal preference.
    I loved everything from Tieri's run. It was the peak of his character development IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Hickman's take on Wolverine isn't that much Wolverine as most people think(except for Wolverine and Kurt from HOX #4). Past works(I mean from 80's and 90's) aren't that much augmented as much as Frank Tieri.
    I was talking about current writers in the X-Line. Tieri isn't working in the current status quo, so i didn't include then.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Me too, is basically what he was before D. Way run. Honestly, Logan's problem is not his charactherization, but his archetype, writers seemingly can't decide what they want for him. Hence all the contradictions.

Percy's take still has shadows of the second one, but the fact that intends for Logan to start in happier place than usual make me interested in giving him a shot.
    Agreed!

Percy has yet to deliver. I like his take on x- Force too.

That's what Percy said about Wolverine:
    But I love, as a reader and writer, his history of violence and his want for atonement, his shaken jigsaw puzzle of a memory, his primal urges and hunger for the extreme, the tough guy shell that hides a big heart, and the way his invulnerability has made him especially protective of the vulnerable.
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...enjamin-percy/

But, yes, I don't give much about what writers are saying in interviews any more, since the last disaster that was Soul's 'Return of Wolverine' story.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-08-2020 at 07:48 AM.

I loved everything from Tieri's run. It was the peak of his character development IMO.
    And that is fine if you think so. We are different people! Peace!

BANNED

I was talking about current writers in the X-Line. Tieri isn't working in the current status quo, so i didn't include then.
    I was comparing Claremont's or Larry Hama's work with Tieri's run. Tieri's character development was just real solid IMO. Current X-writers doesn't even come close to Tieri's. If people want to start reading Wolverine than Tieri's run is most grounded for them.

BANNED

And that is fine if you think so. We are different people! Peace!
    Oh, that's fine I was just sharing my thoughts for Tieri's run.

Logan got much more character development from CC and Hama than from Tieri. I can barely remember anything from Tieri's run other than Mr X (ugh).

Oh, that's fine I was just sharing my thoughts for Tieri's run.
    Great!
    Maybe I used my words clumsy. Excuse me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Logan got much more character development from CC and Hama than from Tieri. I can barely remember anything from Tieri's run other than Mr X (ugh).
    How? Just wanted to know your thoughts because as far as I recall it highlighted a lot of things of his unknown past and his known past(especially with respect to Ogun). He knows Logan well enough to characterize as a savage and daring character he is and cocky.

It seems cool but I hope I hope this actually crossovers with Wolverine. Not sure Elsie Dee will be appearing. It just says Albert is trying to find her.
    It's Albert, he's going to find her lol.

Yeah, Marvel has got a lot in their bag going on with JMS's Thor or Fraction's IM. But I was mostly interested in Annihilation and War of Kings. X-Men was hugely influenced during the War of Kings. Honestly, Inhumans and X-Men should have been connected like that during IvX rather then trying another generic X-Men event like AvX where X-Men were thrashed.
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of AvX, it's just the standard classic crossover where heroes have to act dumb in order to fight for some reason lol. IvX is just one of the worst crossover ever.

Haven't read Peter David's X-Factor. Heard it was pretty good but didn't this happened during the 2000s? I guess you were referring to David's Hulk and how Hama/David wrote Fixit and Logan in Wolverine. I have collected that single physical issue. I loved that book. Hama is genuine Wolverine writer No Kidding.
    Peter David did three X-Factor runs, one during the 90s, one during the 00s (just after the Madrox mini) and another one in 2014. One of my favorite issue of the 90s is X-Factor #87, such a great issue.

The story with Joe Fixit in the Wolverine ongoing by David was really good, I also like how he wrote Wolverine and the X-Men during his Incredible Hulk run:

spoilers:
    Hulk ended up wrecking the mansion lol
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Does it bother yall that artists can't decide where Wolverine's claws pop from?
    I prefer from the back of his hand, but in the end it doesn't bother me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Marvel needs to convince these guys to do ongoings again, always one or two issues now and then. Also have a feeling they'll age up Elsie.

And i can't tell how many times they've brought back bonecrusher lol, i think he dies every year lol
    Yeah at least they should give Hama a mini or a maxi serie to write, it's the same thing with Claremont he only writes a one shot or a backup story nowadays.

Ah that's true, Bonecrusher is slowly becoming the Kenny McCormick of the Marvel Universe lol.

I prefer Claremont's, Barry W Smith's or Larry Hama's take. I love Tieri's ' The Logan Files' and 'The Hunted', but what came after this was to much of the a%$hole site of the spectrum for me. I prefer 'Not Dead Yet' by Ellis over this.
    Ok, I was really bad with my words here, I should reprase:
    What came after #181 was written by Tieri, Nixon and Way before Rucka's run and was more on the site of the antihero archetype of : 'bastard that deep down is simply directing his worst impulses to people that are more awfull than him' (with other words: 'a%$hole' site). This is a take on Logan I do not like much. I think Tieris run should have ended with #176 I think this is worded better, and I apologize.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-08-2020 at 09:04 AM.