Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 700
  1. #466
    Incredible Member GylT'Nav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I missed your previous post but yeah that's how I understood this whole exchange too, she just wants to keep her distance from all those "superheroes drama" for now. I do agree that it could lead to a great origin story for her and helped her develop as her own character down the line, I just hope her story is going to be handled well by the next writer.



    Nice catch, at first I thought this scene was taking place in an hospital for sick children but yeah maybe it's connected to that other panel. I do wonder what's the deal with those children we saw previously, they seems to be infected with something.
    The scene with the kid in the hospital is in issue #2.
    I assume Wolverine meeting this kids is happening in #1, seeing the artist is Bogdanovic.
    So the kid endet up in the hospital after he meet Logan? Yes, I wonder what is the deal with the kids,too.

  2. #467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    She wants to be free from this kind of life and as much as it pains her, yeah she needs to stay away from Logan from the time being. Are you seriously comparing what happened in OMD with this story? Especially what happened to Mariko/Logan & MJ/Peter? Tell me you're joking here because that doesn't make any sense at all.

    If you think they just ruined Logan and Mariko's relationship in certain ways that's your opinion, I think that's the opposite and if their reunion is treated properly afterwards it could lead to a new and more interesting dynamic in their relationship down the line.
    Yes, their breakups were similar. They both were related to death and resurrection.

    Current Mariko is exactly the opposite of what she was b4 she died, who has so much compassion towards Logan. The only reason she left Logan because she was bound to cleanse his family crimes so that she can regain her honor. Heck, she was desperate to that b4 she died. And now current mariko doesnteven want to help him before hand that's the entire opposite of what she was.


    Only someone who never cared about the original character in the first place would reason that way, none of the Wolverine knockoffs created through the years will ever compare to the original character for the majority of Wolverine fans and saying that most fans didn't care about ROW because of that makes no sense at all. What makes Logan interesting isn't just his powers, it's his history, his personality, his supporting characters, his rogue gallery something all those characters with similar powers created through the years will never have because most of them are just bland.
    So I am not a Wolverine? WOW. Do you realize that for the last twenty years these clones/doppelgangers actually milked down the character to make him look generic more than he ever was? Daken, Laura, both of these characters have hands on this. This is a FACT. Wolverine Origins, All-New Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine. They destroyed him.

    I am still a big fan of Wolverine but the only reason 616 Logan has survived because of how much more popular he became but that itself is a curse for him. He wasn't written like he was solidly used b4.
    616 Logan and any other legacy character like Daken/Laura needs to slow down a bit.

    His origins could only be rewritten in proper way if he is not oversaturated. That's the only way he can become WOLVERINE again But NO, Marvel only thinks about making make more money out of this character.

    "People like him" also means warriors and superheroes which is why she mentioned the X-Men during their conversation when the old man asked her to take care of Maureen because he wanted Maureen to live away from all of this. If she was OOC she would have refused his request and would have never told him that he has a good heart and that he's not as terrible as he thinks he is.
    First of all "People like him" means just general consensus of people who brawl through a wider perspective. Logan is not a superhero, neither he was a warrior. He has tons of carnations for a century. He was a "random" fighter who brings trouble for Mariko into her peaceful life. That's what she roughly meant.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-16-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  3. #468

    Default

    "Fight me"? Seriously?

    The reason Lemire put much more focus on Logan's emotional trauma and on Jubilee and Teen Jean was that Logan just came back to our universe, he was trying to come to terms with the fact that he had a second chance while still thinking his future could happen one day. The whole point of Lemire's run was to have Logan coming full circle with what happened in his past, accepting it and trying to start living again in the present that's what he said in the last issue of the Lemire's run.

    Brisson followed up on the end of the Lemire's run while still acknowledging Logan's past history and his relationships with Jubilee, Dani and the members of Alpha Flight for example while still having the old man dealing with both threats from his past (Hulk gang, Mariko, Gorgon, Weapon X, Mysterio) and new threats (Kraven, Bullseye). His story was still emotional, especially the Dead Man Logan storyline, the Scarlet Samurai arc or the Alpha Flight story while still focusing on Logan's relationships with characters not used by Lemire, some of them with deeper connection to OML history than teen Jean.
    I am not posting more on this anymore. I was only trying to be humoristic or lighten up the conversation by adding "Fight Me"(it 's a fun phrase) and adding LOL or Lmao. Laughs But you seem to may have inadvertently think that I am not even a Wolverine fan.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  4. #469
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yes, their breakups were similar. They both were related to death and resurrection.

    Current Mariko is exactly the opposite of what she was b4 she died, who has so much compassion towards Logan. The only reason she left Logan because she was bound to cleanse his family crimes so that she can regain her honor. Heck, she was desperate to that b4 she died. And now current mariko doesnteven want to help him before hand that's the entire opposite of what she was.
    Yeah I disagree but you know at this point, it doesn't matter, we've basically went over the same argument for almost 2 pages. We won't agree on this subject.

    So I am not a Wolverine? WOW. Do you realize that for the last twenty years these clones/doppelgangers actually milked down the character to make him look generic more than he ever was? Daken, Laura, both of these characters have hands on this. This is a FACT. Wolverine Origins, All-New Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine. They destroyed him.
    I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about this whole mentality that spawned since they announced his return and how much a part of the fandom was crying that the character wasn't needed since there were already several knockoffs running around which never made any sense to me. If you thought I was talking about you that wasn't my intention at all, so I apologize.

    Seriously Vishop, after all the time we talked about Wolverine in this thread, why would I think something like that about you? I mean come on, of course I know you're a fan!

    Several of those knockoffs diluted the appeal of the character especially when it comes to his powerset that's for sure, but Logan will always be much more interesting than most of them for the majority of the fans and not just because of his powers.

    I am still a big fan of Wolverine but the only reason he was survived because of how much more popular he became but that itself is a curse for him. He wasn't written like he was solidly used b4.
    616 Logan and any other legacy character like Daken/Laura needs to slow down a bit.

    His origins could only be rewritten in proper way if he is not oversaturated. That's the only way he can become WOLVERINE again But NO, Marvel only thinks about making make more money out of this character.
    Look I do agree that there are too many of them for sure, I said it already but for me Logan & Laura were more than enough, but what can you do? That's a problem with every popular character, unfortunately for now there is nothing that can be done. The problem is if you want to rewrite his origins, you need a writer who knows his history well and an editor who really want to fix the character, unfortunately I'm not sure if that's the priority at Marvel right now.

    For once he isn't oversaturated, he's only in X-Force, Wolverine and sometimes X-Men and some cameo in other series and he's written well in all of those so that's okay.

    First of all "People like him" means just general consensus of people who brawl through a wider perspective. Logan is not a superhero, neither he was a warrior. He has tons of carnations for a century. He was a "random" fighter who brings trouble for Mariko into her peaceful life. That's what she roughly meant.
    I disagree once again, Logan being a superhero, a warrior and a man of honor is how Mariko sees him and because of those things he sometimes bring trouble with him, but we've already said everything we had to say about this. I mean we're running into circles and derailing this thread, let's just agree to disagree and move on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I am not posting more on this anymore. I was only trying to be humoristic or lighten up the conversation by adding "Fight Me"(it 's a fun phrase) and adding LOL or Lmao. Laughs But you seem to may have inadvertently think that I am not even a Wolverine fan.
    Again that wasn't my intention and honestly you have to admit that sometimes it's really hard to know if someone is serious on this board, making fun of what you said or just trying to be clever no matter the number of initialisms used. Just look at what happened here, we both misunderstood each other posts.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-17-2020 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Fixed quotes

  5. #470
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    The scene with the kid in the hospital is in issue #2.
    I assume Wolverine meeting this kids is happening in #1, seeing the artist is Bogdanovic.
    So the kid endet up in the hospital after he meet Logan? Yes, I wonder what is the deal with the kids,too.
    Yeah it would make sense. Maybe it has something to do with this new drug?


    Some art from the upcoming Wolverine series by Adam Kubert:






    And Wolverine #1 ComicTom101 Exclusive Variant by InHyuk Lee



    You can see the version with the Wolverine logo on Reddit:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...by_inhyuk_lee/

  6. #471
    Fantastic Member Mr Abductor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Bummed these variants are all exclusives and limited, although most of them have nothing to do with W1 they're pretty damn cool

    Also does anyone know what's the Spider Woman variant for Wolverine?

    @Vishop, can't message you since your inbox is full
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 02-16-2020 at 03:04 PM.

  7. #472
    Incredible Member GylT'Nav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah it would make sense. Maybe it has something to do with this new drug?


    Some art from the upcoming Wolverine series by Adam Kubert:

    [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQ6ddVqW4AApjrf?format=jpg[img]




    And Wolverine #1 ComicTom101 Exclusive Variant by InHyuk Lee

    [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/39/ef/7139ef00e6c8a7fb1ece4e5478d631fc.jpg[img]

    You can see the version with the Wolverine logo on Reddit:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...by_inhyuk_lee/
    Thank you for sharing!

    Oh Hush, do not lead me into temptation! ' Never say never again!' LOL!
    I am debating with myself to surrender so close before issue #1 dropping, but I can't resist. Here is my theory about the drugs(I put them into spoiler tags because maybe some do not want to read it):
    spoilers:
    Ok, we know due to the interviews, that the new drug is related to Krakoan human drugs. Right? One of the drugs heals mental illness.
    So, what if the drug of the flower cartel causes temporary mental illness. The kids seemed to be cannibalistic.
    And we have Wolverine maybe running amok, maybe the whole x force team. And we have some of Wolverines enemies appearing and one of them, Sabertooth, is fridged.
    end of spoilers

    Well, we will see soon!
    Last edited by GylT'Nav; 02-17-2020 at 02:27 AM.

  8. #473
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    i hope this new solo has one important feature of a wolverine story: logan being an internationa;l thotie

  9. #474
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Thank you for sharing!

    Oh Hush, do not lead me into temptation! ' Never say never again!' LOL!
    I am debating with myself to surrender so close before issue #1 dropping, but I can't resist. Here is my theory about the drugs(I put them into spoiler tags because maybe some do not want to read it):
    spoilers:
    Ok, we know due to the interviews, that the new drug is related to Krakoan human drugs. Right? One of the drugs heals mental illness.
    So, what if the drug of the flower cartel causes temporary mental illness. The kids seemed to be cannibalistic.
    And we have Wolverine maybe running amok, maybe the whole x force team. And we have some of Wolverines enemies appearing and one of them, Sabertooth, is fridged.
    end of spoilers

    Well, we will see soon!
    Ah theory time!!!!!!!!

    spoilers:
    Now that would be interesting, I was also thinking something along the lines, maybe that's also what's going on with Wolverine in this preview, he may be suffering from some form of dementia or hallucination because of this new drug which is why he doesn't remember anything during the preview and why Cornelius, Sabretooth and Deathstrike are suddenly appearing in the second issue.

    But yeah there is something strange about those kids and their behavior, strangely enough, they look really similar to some of those guys from the trailer (who also looks like they're about to eat Logan)
    end of spoilers


    Just 2 more days and we'll know everything!




    By the way, I love your new avatar!
    Last edited by Hush; 02-17-2020 at 04:43 AM.

  10. #475
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Some art from the upcoming Wolverine series by Viktor Bogdanovic:



    Source: https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...59887889977345

  11. #476
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  12. #477
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Some art from the upcoming Wolverine series by Adam Kubert:





    Source: https://twitter.com/adamkubert





  13. #478
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    In other news, to celebrate the launch of the new Wolverine ongoing, Comixology is running a big sale on several Wolverine digital collections and digital back issues:

    https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=33350&lang=1

    The sale ends Sunday, 02/23/2020.


    Viktor Bogdanovic also confirmed on twitter, that he penciled and inked Wolverine #4 and I forgot to mention it but the panel with Cyclops penciled by Adam Kubert and posted above is from Wolverine #2.


    Edit: Matthew Sardo and David Brooke give us a first look at the Chip Kidd variant cover:







    https://twitter.com/matthewsardo/sta...48441220272128

    https://twitter.com/Nosocialize/stat...61890076057600


    You can also see a video of this variant here:

    https://twitter.com/cotgreen/status/1229818287086850048
    Last edited by Hush; 02-18-2020 at 12:10 PM.

  14. #479
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Reviews are coming in:


    - Weird Science Marvel Comics Review (spoiler free):

    https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...rine-1-review/


    - Comics The Gathering Review (spoiler free):

    https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...erine-1-review


    - Comics Book Case Review (spoiler free):

    https://www.comicsbookcase.com/updat...-the-character


    - The GWW Review (spoiler free):

    https://thegww.com/wolverine-1-review/


    - The Hardcover Comic Video Overview (spoiler free):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJ3Vv7CIQ4


    - Adventures in Poor Taste Review (slight spoilers):

    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...rine-1-review/


    - Graphic Policy Video Review (slight spoilers):

    https://graphicpolicy.com/2020/02/18...wolverine-1-2/


    - Comic Watch Review (spoilers):

    https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...y-old-problems


    - Rogues Portal Review (spoilers):

    https://www.roguesportal.com/review-...n-wolverine-1/


    - Monkeys Fighting Robots (spoilers):

    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/log...a-wolverine-1/


    - Comicbook Review (spoilers):

    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/02...iew-dawn-of-x/
    Last edited by Hush; 02-19-2020 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Added more reviews.

  15. #480
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    It's Wolverine Week, BUB! | Marvel's Pull List:



    You can see some new art from Wolverine, New Mutants, Marauders and Marvel Voices and according to the video:

    spoilers:
    Wolverine will face the Immortal Hulk in Marvel Voices!
    end of spoilers



    Wolverine #1 Party Sketch Variant:



    Source: https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...94119813795840



    And finally to celebrate the launch of the new Wolverine series, Matthew Rosenberg, Frank Tieri, Roy Thomas, Axel Alonso, Anne Nocenti, Robbie Thompson, Nick Lowe, Gerry Duggan and Fabian Nicieza share their favorite Wolverine story.

    Source: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvel...o-wounded-wolf

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •