Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i like these a lot
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    On the Pale Girl:
    there was this Inhuman Mosaic, she could be similar. So she does not need to be a psychic.
    Lot of possibilities with this character for sure especially when it comes to her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

i like these a lot
    These figures look really good

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Bummed these variants are all exclusives and limited, although most of them have nothing to do with W1 they're pretty damn cool

Also does anyone know what's the Spider Woman variant for Wolverine?
    Wolverine #2 Spider-Woman Variant by Gerald Parel:

Source: https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...94678557495299

And the two Wolverine #1 2nd prints:

Source: https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...92435124908032

Kinda like Kubert's art has decreed over the last few years. Maybe it's because of the costume but that Jean is not nearly close anywhere near to how Adam or Andy used to draw her. It was stellar back during then.

Posted by Silver Fang in the "Upcoming X-books art teases" thread, Wolverine #2 by Adam Kubert:

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamKubert/statu...439488/photo/1

What exactly did Logan say in the latest X issue? I'm seeing people reference it in the other topic, but I haven't seen an outright quote.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What exactly did Logan say in the latest X issue? I'm seeing people reference it in the other topic, but I haven't seen an outright quote.
    If you're talking about the throuple:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020

Post #10 by Nandes.

Now when it comes to the Crucible, Logan said several things about it, so I'm just going to post 3 quotes:

spoilers:
    When Scott asked Logan if he thinks the Crucible is wrong, Logan said:

"Didn't say that. Even if I felt that way--it ain't our choice to make, is it?"

Other quotes about the Council's choice regarding the depowered mutants problem and his view on this situation:

"I don't sit on the council and neither do you. The had a choice to make--and they did. Now we all have to live with it. Whether we like it or not."

"Look, there's no getting around the fact that we have to have a way to deal with this particular problem--there's no avoiding it--but do I love this choice? No."

Logan doesn't like the Crucible which is why he didn't go to this "ritual combat" during this issue. The Quiet Council created the Crucible in order to deal with an important problem (the depowered mutants) that needed to be fixed and because both Logan and Scott don't sit on the Council, they have to live with the Council's choice whether they like it or not.

With that said, Logan respects the decision of Melody Guthrie to go through the Crucible in order to be reborn as a mutant.
    end of spoilers

It's a really interesting scene in my opinion.

Wolverine #1 C2E2/ECCC Exclusive Variant by John Tyler Christopher:

Source: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1232794917216321536

Wolverine #2 Inks Variant by David Finch:

Source: https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...34724772634624

Thanks for that post. I still don't know if I want to continue reading any X-books after that issue, but that's a talk for another board

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    If you're talking about the throuple:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020

Post #10 by Nandes.

Now when it comes to the Crucible, Logan said several things about it, so I'm just going to post 3 quotes:

spoilers:
    When Scott asked Logan if he thinks the Crucible is wrong, Logan said:

"Didn't say that. Even if I felt that way--it ain't our choice to make, is it?"

Other quotes about the Council's choice regarding the depowered mutants problem and his view on this situation:

"I don't sit on the council and neither do you. The had a choice to make--and they did. Now we all have to live with it. Whether we like it or not."

"Look, there's no getting around the fact that we have to have a way to deal with this particular problem--there's no avoiding it--but do I love this choice? No."

Logan doesn't like the Crucible which is why he didn't go to this "ritual combat" during this issue. The Quiet Council created the Crucible in order to deal with an important problem (the depowered mutants) that needed to be fixed and because both Logan and Scott don't sit on the Council, they have to live with the Council's choice whether they like it or not.

With that said, Logan respects the decision of Melody Guthrie to go through the Crucible in order to be reborn as a mutant.
    end of spoilers

It's a really interesting scene in my opinion.
    This was the best issue of the Hickman series to be honest, the previous weren't bad, but honestly i wasn't that invested on it (although i did find Hordeculture amusing). Logan part in particular was great and the Kurt/Scott conversation was pretty good.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I haven't read this series yet, would you recommend it?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Thanks for that post. I still don't know if I want to continue reading any X-books after that issue, but that's a talk for another board
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    This was the best issue of the Hickman series to be honest, the previous weren't bad, but honestly i wasn't that invested on it (although i did find Hordeculture amusing). Logan part in particular was great and the Kurt/Scott conversation was pretty good.
    #4 and #7 are my favorites, I really enjoyed this issue especially the moral dilemma raised by the crucible (I really felt uncomfortable during the whole thing) and I wonder what's going to be the consequences on the long term for those who went through this ceremony especially the psychological trauma that could come with it. I agree both conversations were good and I really hope Hickman will write more Kurt in the future after the release of the Giant-Size issue.

Yeah just like you, I wasn't impressed by the first three issues, but those last 4 issues were really good

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I haven't read this series yet, would you recommend it?
    I've only read the previous issue and I thought it was really fun.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-27-2020 at 05:37 PM.

From Hellions #1 by Stephen Segovia:

Source: https://twitter.com/mdp_tm/status/1233187293831188480

I prefer the Logan we get in that Black Cat page to the Logan we've gotten from Hickman to be honest.