Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

I’d like to see something new done with him. To progress the character a bit, and take him out of his familiar “lone wolf drifter” trappings. Similar to how they made him the head of the school for awhile in Jason Aaron’s ‘Wolverine and the X-men’ series with Bachalo. That was fun, even though I didn’t think it was a great fit for Logan, I did appreciate the fish out of water aspect of it.

So something like that, but which considers his age and history... his continuity if you will. Back in the Larry Hama days it was hinted at that Logan had considerable holdings with the firm Landau, Luckman & Lake. Perhaps there’s something there which could be played with. For example, Logan is approached one day because he is the primary shareholder in a massive conglomerate which he was not even aware of. Somewhere along the way he took a sizable position in this company, and then it went public and he is the majority share owner and thus a board member. This requires him to show up for board meetings which he finds torturous. Maybe it even involves Mariko, and he and her both are owners and board members together and it has something to do with the company in that Old Man Logan arc that created the Regen Serum. Something like that could be fun for awhile. Corporate intrigue, making Logan take on a Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne style role which he would absolutely despise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d like to see something new done with him. To progress the character a bit, and take him out of his familiar “lone wolf drifter” trappings. Similar to how they made him the head of the school for awhile in Jason Aaron’s ‘Wolverine and the X-men’ series with Bachalo. That was fun, even though I didn’t think it was a great fit for Logan, I did appreciate the fish out of water aspect of it.

So something like that, but which considers his age and history... his continuity if you will. Back in the Larry Hama days it was hinted at that Logan had considerable holdings with the firm Landau, Luckman & Lake. Perhaps there’s something there which could be played with. For example, Logan is approached one day because he is the primary shareholder in a massive conglomerate which he was not even aware of. Somewhere along the way he took a sizable position in this company, and then it went public and he is the majority share owner and thus a board member. This requires him to show up for board meetings which he finds torturous. Maybe it even involves Mariko, and he and her both are owners and board members together and it has something to do with the company in that Old Man Logan arc that created the Regen Serum. Something like that could be fun for awhile. Corporate intrigue, making Logan take on a Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne style role which he would absolutely despise.
    Well... there IS something I'm a part of, and its why I'm asking this question...

I think exploration of Logan's earlier history would bring a lot more out for him as a character, and it would give us a different form of character development. Almost like "retro-active character development" if that makes sense lol.

LOL I like the corporate plot, I see lots of mess that could happen, and most importantly, it does take him out of his usual "comfort zone", and places him in something that's unique for this character type. I could see something involving Stark Industries, A.I.M. and Hammer, even throw in Oscorp (okay maybe too many entities), but something to put Logan dead center in a corporate feud, with corporate heroes (like Iron Man) vs. corporate/research villains... it would also give Logan a chance to interact with non-X-universe characters. Hey I'm kinda liking this idea

Exactly. And we could see if he’s truly “the best there is” in a totally different environment, matching wits with other corporate types and getting involved in some major global intrigue.

I’d like to see him lean more into his anti hero role. Remender did a great job with that in Uncanny X-Force and I’d love more of that. Maybe even take it a step further and have him butting heads with heroes because he’s become a “final solution” person. Basically he’s tired of the same bad guys being out there so he takes them out permanently. Heck maybe even have him be a villain like he started in the Ultimate Universe. An assassin for hire type that works for the likes of Magneto, Sinister and Apocalypse. I don’t think the villain angle is really feasible in 616 but an AU is an open book.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly. And we could see if he’s truly “the best there is” in a totally different environment, matching wits with other corporate types and getting involved in some major global intrigue.
    Yes that WOULD be a great plot to explore. I can see that come as like... part of a mini series, and this would be a few episodes that would later play a role in Logan's arc much later. I see a great idea there

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d like to see him lean more into his anti hero role. Remender did a great job with that in Uncanny X-Force and I’d love more of that. Maybe even take it a step further and have him butting heads with heroes because he’s become a “final solution” person. Basically he’s tired of the same bad guys being out there so he takes them out permanently. Heck maybe even have him be a villain like he started in the Ultimate Universe. An assassin for hire type that works for the likes of Magneto, Sinister and Apocalypse. I don’t think the villain angle is really feasible in 616 but an AU is an open book.
    Someone actually have discussed a very interesting plot of Logan in an antiheroic role, that would involve him butting heads with the X-Men (as at this time, he would have left the X-Men for semi-personal reasons). The story would explore the follies AND correctness of both sides, which brings about a plot twist that really asks the question, who's the hero, and who's the villain...

I also wouldn't want to see Wolverine as a villain, but the antihero role would be a great angle to see for his character.

I'm the complete opposite of you guys. Logan as a killer antihero feels done to death for me, and I actually really liked his attempts to be a better person and try and teach mutant kids in a way that wasn't just making them all child soldiers. Him becoming more moral and avoiding killer people while Scott became more deranged and openly violent felt like an interesting character diversion. Having him be the team attack dog who 'does what needs to be done' always felt like a massive step back. And if he became the murderer for hire for guys like Magneto and Sinister would kill all interest I'd ever have for him.

Like, I'd like a story where the X-men go to him to put him in charge of a team or X-force, and he just refused because he doesn't want to be the team killer anymore. But I also always felt he shined better outside of the X teams, so I'm usually in the minority

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm the complete opposite of you guys. Logan as a killer antihero feels done to death for me, and I actually really liked his attempts to be a better person and try and teach mutant kids in a way that wasn't just making them all child soldiers. Him becoming more moral and avoiding killer people while Scott became more deranged and openly violent felt like an interesting character diversion. Having him be the team attack dog who 'does what needs to be done' always felt like a massive step back. And if he became the murderer for hire for guys like Magneto and Sinister would kill all interest I'd ever have for him.

Like, I'd like a story where the X-men go to him to put him in charge of a team or X-force, and he just refused because he doesn't want to be the team killer anymore. But I also always felt he shined better outside of the X teams, so I'm usually in the minority
    First of all, awesome Kirby

Second... you are saying something that is actually in mind with a few fans. But it does involve a split, so the "antihero" is something we definitely see, but then situations bring out the "reforming" Logan as well. Also, the thing you mention about not wanting other Mutant children to fall victim of becoming "child soldiers" essentially, IS something heavily discussed that should be explored with his character.

I like the X-Force idea... maybe... just maybe, that's a way to explore that moral aspect/side of Logan

Not gonna lie, I've always been interested to find a way to make Wolverine into an actual Daredevil type superhero/Vigilante. I think it would be suuuuper difficult to get him there given his characterisation. But I'd love to see an attempt. Similar to Patch I guess, but dialed up to 11. Something relatively lighter in tone as well, with art by Chris Samnee or someone.

I think the aftermath of the original Old Man Logan storyline was actually a great opportunity to have Wolverine overthrow a supervillain government/America. I'll always be annoyed they didn't go that route. The character and that universe has been absolutely fumbled in recent years. It would have been really interesting to see Logan lead a new team of heroes in a dystopian USA.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Not gonna lie, I've always been interested to find a way to make Wolverine into an actual Daredevil type superhero/Vigilante. I think it would be suuuuper difficult to get him there given his characterisation. But I'd love to see an attempt. Similar to Patch I guess, but dialed up to 11. Something relatively lighter in tone as well, with art by Chris Samnee or someone.

I think the aftermath of the original Old Man Logan storyline was actually a great opportunity to have Wolverine overthrow a supervillain government/America. I'll always be annoyed they didn't go that route. The character and that universe has been absolutely fumbled in recent years. It would have been really interesting to see Logan lead a new team of heroes in a dystopian USA.
    Well... there IS someone that does want to bring something new to Wolverine, and just bring about a lot of new narratives.

1. I think that a vigilante is not entirely difficult to do, he just needs the right situation, to fuel a motivation to, take vengeance. I see it happening

2. Well... some have actually discussed Wolverine in a dystopian setting, and it covers some very dark subject matters. Seeing a good spotlight of Logan in such situation would be great to see. I think I know what you mean with Old Man Logan, and while... things didn't happen like that, it still brings Logan out of his comfort zone, and face things he really don't want to confront. Like... facing off his own comrades.

If you created a team for Wolverine, who would be recruited?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Happy Birthday to this guy
    That is sweeeeeeeet art there!

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Well... there IS someone that does want to bring something new to Wolverine, and just bring about a lot of new narratives.

1. I think that a vigilante is not entirely difficult to do, he just needs the right situation, to fuel a motivation to, take vengeance. I see it happening

2. Well... some have actually discussed Wolverine in a dystopian setting, and it covers some very dark subject matters. Seeing a good spotlight of Logan in such situation would be great to see. I think I know what you mean with Old Man Logan, and while... things didn't happen like that, it still brings Logan out of his comfort zone, and face things he really don't want to confront. Like... facing off his own comrades.

If you created a team for Wolverine, who would be recruited?
    Regarding point 1: I think Madripoor is perfect for him- he has a past and connections to the city and the location has been completely underused in recent years!

2. Again, it more the aftermath of Old Man Logan that was fumbled - definitely shouldn't have been pushed into main 616, and I think Brisson's writing for the OML universe was a bit too bright and superhero-y.

I think a whole new team for Wolverine in these instances would be beneficial, as it opens up more room for new story telling aspects!

I'm interested in what you're researching for! Is it something official if you don't mind me asking??

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    That is sweeeeeeeet art there!
    This image really does a good job of capturing something I miss from Logan’s earlier days, one that especially the post fatal attraction arc in his solo did well. Him just throwing a bedroll on his bike and going on a road trip. It’s worked as a part of a larger personal journey like post fatal attraction or just solving problems he finds along the way. Logan has often needed trips like this after massive status quo changes and I’d think him coming back from the dead and the X-men founding a mutant nation might give him something to chew on as he roams.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 10-13-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    This image really does a good job of capturing something I miss from Logan’s earlier days, one that especially the post fatal attraction arc in his solo did well. Him just throwing a bedroll on his bike and going on a road trip. It’s worked as a part of a larger personal journey like post fatal attraction or just solving problems he finds along the way. Logan has often needed trips like this after massive status quo changes and I’d think him coming back from the dead and the X-men founding a mutant nation might give him something to chew on as he roams.
    Well that's something several of us DO wanna return the character to. One fan stated a solo of which he's seeking answers for one subject matter, which brings him to mysteries about his own past, and how his past would affect the present and future. So that definitely harkens to what you mentioned about "solving problems along the way". A good "The Wolverine" is what's being discussed, and some awesome exploration, that brings Logan back to his roots (sorta) but with a modern/avant-garde style, as one primary fan stated

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Regarding point 1: I think Madripoor is perfect for him- he has a past and connections to the city and the location has been completely underused in recent years!

2. Again, it more the aftermath of Old Man Logan that was fumbled - definitely shouldn't have been pushed into main 616, and I think Brisson's writing for the OML universe was a bit too bright and superhero-y.

I think a whole new team for Wolverine in these instances would be beneficial, as it opens up more room for new story telling aspects!

I'm interested in what you're researching for! Is it something official if you don't mind me asking??
    OMG that's a location that several of us have worked on in regards to the Guild Society! So WOW, that's an awesome ref you mention!

Well, with this idea, the "Dystopian Era" is meant to be very dark, gritty, with an overall unsettling tone and atmosphere. So... more "post-apocalyptic", almost Walking Dead kinda style, but without zombies in that sense. The idea here is to bring the heroes, out of their "superhero" corner, into something very grounding, and making them more like characters serving in an almost horror/suspense/thriller/mystery setting at that point. Also... major twists and turns to explore.

Well glad you asked! I'm part of a fan collab fanime animated short series based on Marvel heroes. It's cells of us in various platforms, to collect enough info from fans to create a base narrative, THEN introduce that narrative for fans to collab on. It's not official, but it's still very awesome, we have great hobbyist writers and animators setting it up, and it'll be announced by Nov I'll PM you if you want to learn more