Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1055
  1. #1006
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agreed. I honestly loath all the Wolverine legacy characters. It’s just so redundant. In my opinion characters with Wolverine’s power set should have stopped at Sabertooth. And it’s infuriating that basically only Wolverine has to deal with seventy five characters just like him. I know Cap has US agent and Spidey has multiple iteration so maybe spidey and Wolverine have this problem. But there aren’t twenty optic blast up tight Boy Scout running around. Or fifty illegitimate Kitty Pride kids. Ok end of rant. Laura alright too when being written properly.
    There were several Punishers running around in the mid 90s. IIRC, that killed the excitement of the Punisher.

  2. #1007
    Astonishing Member WeaponX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    There were several Punishers running around in the mid 90s. IIRC, that killed the excitement of the Punisher.
    Well that gives me hope that Wolverine can also out last his imitators and eventually reclaim his uniqueness. As I’ve said I’d be willing to except Laura sticking around and of course Sabertooth.

  3. #1008
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It should be the faster they heal the less durable (creed being the only exception to the rule) so from fastest healing to slowest gabby(presty much making her a cartoon/comedy character), Laura, daken, logan. With durability being the same list in reverse.
    I like that.

  4. #1009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s what I meant. The toxic nature of the adamantium in his body slowed his healing factor.
    If that's what you mean, In my opinion that makes Logan a bit depressive all the time(which he isn't with respect to his character). Sure it has good stories with fatal attractions or with OML. But what Tieri or Claremont(early run) did with Wolverine was badass. Claremont's Wolverine didnt showed the toxic nature with adamantium. It was just peak level human healing factor for Wolverine during those times.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  5. #1010
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,228

    Default

    I don’t think I’m following what you’re saying here at all. It... feels like we’re agreeing?

    Claremont’s Wolverine had a slower healing factor than he has today (though I’m not sure what you mean by “peak level human healing factor”). But I liked that. Whether it being slower is due to the adamantium poisoning him or it’s just naturally slower is kind of irrelevant to me. I’ll take it either way. But I don’t like instantaneous regenerating Wolverine. Leave that goofy stuff to Deadpool IMO.

  6. #1011
    Astonishing Member WeaponX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    If that's what you mean, In my opinion that makes Logan a bit depressive all the time(which he isn't with respect to his character). Sure it has good stories with fatal attractions or with OML. But what Tieri or Claremont(early run) did with Wolverine was badass. Claremont's Wolverine didnt showed the toxic nature with adamantium. It was just peak level human healing factor for Wolverine during those times.
    I would say both went beyond peak human healing but at least it took time and even enough bullet wounds could kill him. I wish they’d go back to that for sure. Plus it’s hard to make an invincible character badass.

  7. #1012
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    I think I’ve said this before in this thread definitely somewhere on the boards. I like Logan’s healing factor being increased because he can hang with characters like Thor, Hulk etc and not get obliterated instantly. He’s too strong at this point to be a street level like daredevil so that leaves him in a weird place if he goes that route imho. And I don’t care that scene was bad ass to me
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

  8. #1013
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    I am in the weird camp were I would like to see most of his adamantium in his body removed with his healing being so strong the defensive advantage that adamantium bones give much redundant. I would like to just his hands and forearms be adamantium covered. Without adamantium bones all over then they stop doing resurrections from lava/acid stuff and threat of his head being cut off becomes a thing(Even though how bones are set up it should be a thing). I am fine with the crazy healing. I would love Wolverine to move away from being a pure tank, I hate that he doesn't dodge away from damage and they make him fight like Berzerker all the time. He is one of the most skill fighters in Marvel but he never gets to show because he can tank and soak most damage.

  9. #1014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t think I’m following what you’re saying here at all. It... feels like we’re agreeing?

    Claremont’s Wolverine had a slower healing factor than he has today (though I’m not sure what you mean by “peak level human healing factor”). But I liked that. Whether it being slower is due to the adamantium poisoning him or it’s just naturally slower is kind of irrelevant to me. I’ll take it either way. But I don’t like instantaneous regenerating Wolverine. Leave that goofy stuff to Deadpool IMO.
    I love Wolverine limiting to having peak level human healing factor(like Batman with armor for example). It's just that some of the exceptions or outliers like Wolverine degrading into skeleton at some extraordinary circumstances that happened couple of times looks visually cool but I do not want him to depend on his soak damage against characters like hulk is underwhelming or even bullets to his head. Let him use his fighting skills like killerbee said. I want him street level like Tieri's run
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-20-2020 at 10:38 PM.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  10. #1015
    Mighty Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Two of my favorites issues from a Wolverine's solo series


    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  11. #1016
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Wolverine-Aliens.jpg

    I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, but I love this variant so much. Would LOVE to see a Wolverine v Predator v Alien miniseries sometime.

  12. #1017
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    8,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Wolverine-Aliens.jpg

    I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, but I love this variant so much. Would LOVE to see a Wolverine v Predator v Alien miniseries sometime.
    Logan is probably one of the few that could actually survive Xenomorph pregnancy lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  13. #1018
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    8,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Two of my favorites issues from a Wolverine's solo series


    Great issues, also my favorites too, especially number 10. Also another great issue from that era is his team up with Joe Fixit Hulk, pretty funny story lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #1019
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,448

    Default

    Completely loved Solem as new Logan`s villain.
    Tried my best to show their chemistry in 1 page

    Have a nice day, everyone!

  15. #1020
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Completely loved Solem as new Logan`s villain.
    Tried my best to show their chemistry in 1 page

    Have a nice day, everyone!
    You are very talented. Well done.
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •